Cody Latimer

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
bpatrick
Starter
Starter

Re: Cody Latimer

Postby bpatrick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Latimer is supposedly the 4th WR on the Packers board, behind Watkins, Evans, and Beckham.
Team #1: 12 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 22-player roster

QB: Newton, Foles, Carr
RB: Hill, TRich, Taliaferro, A Williams, D Williams
WR: AJ, Gordon, Benjamin, M Bryant, Jennings, C Hogan, Austin, Dobson, Janis, D Carter, C Washington
TE: Graham

Team #2: 12-team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 25-player roster

QB: Ryan, Bridgewater
RB: Forte, Ellington, Forsett, Hill, Bush, Taliaferro, Cunningham
WR: Megatron, Julio, Gordon, A Johnson, VJax, CPatt, Colston, D Baldwin, C Hogan, Charles Johnson
TE: Gronk, Witten
IR: C Palmer, K Moreno, T Gaffney

vtguy88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vtguy88 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 am

italian_stallion21 wrote:He's Jordan Matthews, but a tiny bit faster and less productive against crappier competition.
Go watch his Michigan State tape. Darqueze Denard was all over him all game, and Latimer was STILL able to be highly productive. He has the skills to beat NFL corners and is one of the strongest WRs out there. Guy could EASILY become a faster Jordy Nelson, and blocks better than nearly any other WR in this draft (Watkins and Evans are the only two even close). As the previous person mentioned, if he's there in the 2nd...watch out Jarrett Boykin
12-Team PPR & IDP(1.5/solo,4.5/sack,6/int,etc) 8 off., 10 IDP starters w/ inflated QB scoring
QB: M.Stafford,J.Cutler
RB: G.Bernard,J.Hill,S.Ridley,C.Michael,C.Hyde,I.Crowell,J.McKinnon,C.Sims
WR: J.Jones,A.Jeffery,S.Watkins,D.Hopkins,J.Gordon,O.Beckham,P.Richardson,B.Quick,J.Hunter
TE: L.Green,T.Kelce
LB: B.Wagner,N.Bowman,S.Weatherspoon,D.Davis,D.Washington,K.Robinson,S.Moore,T.Smith,P.Brown
DE: C.Jones,G.Hardy,C.Johnson,J.Hughes
DT: N.Suh,G.Atkins
CB: A.Verner,J.McCourty
S: M.Burnett,D.Whitner

12-Team,12-keeper, non-ppr, IDP-1pt/tackle,3/sack, 4/INT, etc
QB: M.Ryan
RB: D.Murray,A.Foster,T.Mason,I.Crowell,S.Vereen,J.Randle,C.Michael
WR: AJ Green,A.Jeffery,J.Gordon,M.Evans,A.Robinson
TE: D.Walker,E.Ebron
LB: L.David,B.Wagner,M.Kendricks,D.Trevathan,T.Smith
DT: J.Casey
DE: M.Wilkerson,E.Ansah
CB: J.McCourty
S: H.Smith,J.Cyprien

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:Prisco now has him going as the last pick in the 1st round.
Fans of a certain team would love that. :drool:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Latimer is a big dude.

#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 am

yeah sure hes a big guy and ran fast but in 16 minutes of a workout he had several drops from what I read. in the late 2nd/3rd he woulda a decent value which is where he was projected to go a few weeks ago. but now that he is inexplicably rising up the charts its a very easy pass for me in my fantasy drafts
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:37 am

Don't get me wrong, I like Latimer, but to have him going over guys like Matthews is ridiculous. Sure he can block, but I'd rather have to teach a WR to block better than to catch better. vtguy, you mention the Dennard game and his great production, do we forget Matthews put up nation leading numbers in the SEC with average QB play as the ONLY weapon on the team? Every game, not just one.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 pm

knotts4372 wrote:yeah sure hes a big guy and ran fast but in 16 minutes of a workout he had several drops from what I read. in the late 2nd/3rd he woulda a decent value which is where he was projected to go a few weeks ago. but now that he is inexplicably rising up the charts its a very easy pass for me in my fantasy drafts
McShay tallied one drop in six games. I wouldn't worry too much about his hands.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
knotts4372 wrote:yeah sure hes a big guy and ran fast but in 16 minutes of a workout he had several drops from what I read. in the late 2nd/3rd he woulda a decent value which is where he was projected to go a few weeks ago. but now that he is inexplicably rising up the charts its a very easy pass for me in my fantasy drafts
McShay tallied one drop in six games. I wouldn't worry too much about his hands.
This. His hands are proven on tape across many games. He's not an athlete who happens to play WR: he can ball. I'm afraid he won't make it to #32 where I hope he's considered by Seattle. I'm not saying he's a better prospect than Matthews...but he might be. Certainly edges out guys like Adams or Robinson, I think.

vtguy88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vtguy88 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:19 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like Latimer, but to have him going over guys like Matthews is ridiculous. Sure he can block, but I'd rather have to teach a WR to block better than to catch better. vtguy, you mention the Dennard game and his great production, do we forget Matthews put up nation leading numbers in the SEC with average QB play as the ONLY weapon on the team? Every game, not just one.
There's a difference between going up against SEC defenses that are generally strong, front 7 (which WRs don't generally interact with all that much) to the back 4. Here are the top DBs in this year's draft, arbitrarily using Kiper as a reference:

Gilbert - Big 12
Dennard - Big 10
Clinton-Dix - SEC
Pryor - American
Verrett - Big 12
Roby - Big 10
Fuller - ACC
Ward - Mid-American
Joyner - ACC
Bucannon - Pac-12
Jean-Baptiste - Big 10
Brooks - ACC
Colvin - Big 12
Desir - FCS
Mitchell - Big 12

Out of 15 prospects, ONE is from the SEC. The SEC has great defenses, but don't forget many of those defenses are heavily weighted in the front 7. Pure pass defense, which is what Latimer will be responsible for beating in the NFL, can't be assumed, in the SEC, to be miles above the rest college football.
12-Team PPR & IDP(1.5/solo,4.5/sack,6/int,etc) 8 off., 10 IDP starters w/ inflated QB scoring
QB: M.Stafford,J.Cutler
RB: G.Bernard,J.Hill,S.Ridley,C.Michael,C.Hyde,I.Crowell,J.McKinnon,C.Sims
WR: J.Jones,A.Jeffery,S.Watkins,D.Hopkins,J.Gordon,O.Beckham,P.Richardson,B.Quick,J.Hunter
TE: L.Green,T.Kelce
LB: B.Wagner,N.Bowman,S.Weatherspoon,D.Davis,D.Washington,K.Robinson,S.Moore,T.Smith,P.Brown
DE: C.Jones,G.Hardy,C.Johnson,J.Hughes
DT: N.Suh,G.Atkins
CB: A.Verner,J.McCourty
S: M.Burnett,D.Whitner

12-Team,12-keeper, non-ppr, IDP-1pt/tackle,3/sack, 4/INT, etc
QB: M.Ryan
RB: D.Murray,A.Foster,T.Mason,I.Crowell,S.Vereen,J.Randle,C.Michael
WR: AJ Green,A.Jeffery,J.Gordon,M.Evans,A.Robinson
TE: D.Walker,E.Ebron
LB: L.David,B.Wagner,M.Kendricks,D.Trevathan,T.Smith
DT: J.Casey
DE: M.Wilkerson,E.Ansah
CB: J.McCourty
S: H.Smith,J.Cyprien

cditty75
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cditty75 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Funny how this guy was barely mentioned until recently and now he's a potential 1st or 2nd in the nfl draft. Yeah I don't think so.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sat May 03, 2014 9:51 pm

cditty75 wrote:Funny how this guy was barely mentioned until recently and now he's a potential 1st or 2nd in the nfl draft. Yeah I don't think so.
You don't get invited to the NFL Draft if you're not going to be selected high.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:14 am

dynastyninja wrote:
yeah lets put faith in what mcshay says....no thanks. i do my own work. the games i watched showed a guy that was good but not spectacular. and yes he had drops

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

cditty75
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cditty75 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Vendetta wrote:
cditty75 wrote:Funny how this guy was barely mentioned until recently and now he's a potential 1st or 2nd in the nfl draft. Yeah I don't think so.
You don't get invited to the NFL Draft if you're not going to be selected high.
Yeah I know. It's just that he was one of my targets in the 3rd or 4th. Now I will be lucky to get him in the 2nd.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun May 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Matt Waldman had Latimer 3rd in his April 1st rankings, He was high on Latimer way before McShay or any of the other draft guru's. I watched a lot of film on him and came away very impressed, now more than a month later I see him starting to sneak into the end if 1st round mock drafts on everyone's mocks. The cat is officially out of the bag gentlemen.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:52 am

so waldman AND mcshay both love him? that's more than enough reason to stay far far away

@donnynutz on twitter