Graphics for MFL site

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
buck6380
Starter
Starter

Graphics for MFL site

Postby buck6380 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:11 pm

While browsing in the help wanted, I have noticed that some MFL sites have some really cool stuff going on in them.

Can anyone help or direct me to how you get this done?

I really like MFL but get bored with appearance, if I could spruce it up it sure would help.

Any input would be great

Thanks
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Graphics for MFL site

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 am

depends what you're looking for. MFL has places to add league banners , team banners, div banners etc. All you have to do is make the banners and load them to MFL. it takes no programming ability. I do it for all of my leagues some of which can be seen in my sig. If you are well versed in CSS you can do much more stuff but i cant really speak to that. Some people pay like $80 to a firm like MFLaddons for one of their templates. I'm not a fan of those personally but hey to each their own i guess.

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 pm

http://nitrografixx.com/

http://www.dagrafixdesigns.com/09-templates.html

This stuff is not necessarily cheap, but mostly the one time cost, then some maintenance from year to year. I have looked into using templates from these site, but have opted instead to just keep using the default look. My leaguemates like to change team names and logos often. These templates are set up to not allow that so easily.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:52 pm

TradeBack
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TradeBack » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:37 am

Those look awesome.

Are there any tutorials anywhere to do what you did? I have been messing with the skins and Images and other URL pages but they look odd.
Currently in 3 dynasty leagues. Have the IDP itch.

buck6380
Starter
Starter

Postby buck6380 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:46 am

Those look great!
Are those all your own leagues, or do you do them for others as well?

I really don't know how to do anything like that.
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

I taught myself to do those. Some are my leagues, some belong to friends and I'm not in them. I've never looked into tutorials but I'm sure there out there if you google them.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:23 pm

I use a crappy free paint program and various other resources. I also have an art background so that helps. My problem is that I've done so many of these things that they are clogging up my laptop's memory. Some of my friends/leaguemates tip me for my time when I've made them things for their leagues because I need to buy an external HD (I've made way more than i listed above). These league/Division/Team banners or championship plaques can have anywhere from 5-20 different layers all of which must be saved plus whatever random artwork is involved and any altercations that are made to make things fit. Its not uncommon to have 40-50 things saved for one banner. Some of this can be purged after the fact but not a lot.

Eventually I'll breakdown and purchase more memory and better software. As far as advice goes. start small and you'll pick up tricks a long the way. Any paint program you use will instructions or tutorials. If you dont understand the difference between pngs and jpegs just start with a rectangular box. Google some artwork you like to put in it and add some text. I didnt follow any guides or instructions i just kinda learned as i went. I'm not sure how to explain that tho. As far as MFL goes, that i know like the back of my hand. its very simple to add team/league/division banners to your front page. If you need any help with that aspect just send me a PM and I can explain it to.

Note: If you use a team Icon then everyone has to. Your commish has to change the actual icon size in the layout so they will fit and not be warped.

I just Cringe when I see these sites charging $80-200 dollars for one of their templates. IMO Its a waste of cash some arent any better than you can make yourself for free. Hell if somebody wanted to learn CSS then they could change the entire layout like those templates do.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey MARKinMI -

How do you get the actual champions to show up on the League Plaques?

I've got that Icon on the Home Page, but it isn't showing any champion, yet I've defined the Awards/Champions.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:22 pm

MARKinMI wrote:I use a crappy free paint program and various other resources. I also have an art background so that helps. My problem is that I've done so many of these things that they are clogging up my laptop's memory. Some of my friends/leaguemates tip me for my time when I've made them things for their leagues because I need to buy an external HD (I've made way more than i listed above). These league/Division/Team banners or championship plaques can have anywhere from 5-20 different layers all of which must be saved plus whatever random artwork is involved and any altercations that are made to make things fit. Its not uncommon to have 40-50 things saved for one banner. Some of this can be purged after the fact but not a lot.

Eventually I'll breakdown and purchase more memory and better software. As far as advice goes. start small and you'll pick up tricks a long the way. Any paint program you use will instructions or tutorials. If you dont understand the difference between pngs and jpegs just start with a rectangular box. Google some artwork you like to put in it and add some text. I didnt follow any guides or instructions i just kinda learned as i went. I'm not sure how to explain that tho. As far as MFL goes, that i know like the back of my hand. its very simple to add team/league/division banners to your front page. If you need any help with that aspect just send me a PM and I can explain it to.

Note: If you use a team Icon then everyone has to. Your commish has to change the actual icon size in the layout so they will fit and not be warped.

I just Cringe when I see these sites charging $80-200 dollars for one of their templates. IMO Its a waste of cash some arent any better than you can make yourself for free. Hell if somebody wanted to learn CSS then they could change the entire layout like those templates do.
Thats awesome work. You should open a side practice pimping MFL home pages. name a price!! Haha joking (not really)

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 pm

basilthesnake wrote:http://nitrografixx.com/

This stuff is not necessarily cheap, but mostly the one time cost, then some maintenance from year to year. I have looked into using templates from these site, but have opted instead to just keep using the default look. My leaguemates like to change team names and logos often. These templates are set up to not allow that so easily.
Holy cow not cheap is right. After seeing some of the super awesome layouts, I decided I wanted one. Went to nitro website, um $280 for a homepage? Wow, didn't think it would be nearly that much. That's crazy. Is it really that much work that they have to charge nearly $300? That's crazy

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Dingram wrote:
basilthesnake wrote:http://nitrografixx.com/

Holy cow not cheap is right. After seeing some of the super awesome layouts, I decided I wanted one. Went to nitro website, um $280 for a homepage? Wow, didn't think it would be nearly that much. That's crazy. Is it really that much work that they have to charge nearly $300? That's crazy
It is a lot of work. I spend any where from 30 minutes to 2 hours when i make a banner or team icon. BUT the crap they are selling is a template, meaning they just add your info. So no it takes them a few minutes to tweak their templates.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 pm

If it's relatively quick for them, you'd think they'd make it cheaper so people would actually buy them. I can't imagine they sell that much at that price

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:59 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:Hey MARKinMI -

How do you get the actual champions to show up on the League Plaques?

I've got that Icon on the Home Page, but it isn't showing any champion, yet I've defined the Awards/Champions.
I dont use MFL's champions' plaques I make my own. But when i did use them, they updated the plaque at the league page changeover.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm not against making a league banner for a league If someone cant do it themselves, Hit me up with a PM maybe we can work something out.