Isaiah Crowell

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Isaiah Crowell

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:35 am

i like him just as much if not more than all the rb's comming out this year on skillset. im just not that impressed with any rb's this year to separate them. if crowell finds a good spot, he will go in the 1st. im hoping to be able to grab him mid 2nd and will find it hard to reach for him in the mid 1st with all issues from the past.

Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Postby Broncopain » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:18 am

For those teams drafting at the end of the first round with deep quality rosters I see this guy as the ultimate lotto ticket. If you don't need him to be the starter on your squad day one he's well worth the pick up. A month back I thought I could snag him with a early third now I'm feeling a mighty fine reach with my late first or 2.01 will be needed. If he's drafted to a favorable spot I may need to give one of my top choices for him. There is really only a few select players on my must own list. Watkins, sims and well Crowell.

Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Postby Broncopain » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:37 am

One thing that does concern me a bit is the fact I'm seeing very few teams linked to him in mocks that are coming out. I'm seeing a guy like lyerla who for gods sake was on coke getting gambled on late but Crowell who hasn't had much off the field issues if any the last two years go undrafted. I'm wondering what the issues are there.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:10 am

Crowell could be a da'rick rodgers scenario. He very well could go undrafted, get picked up, get dropped, get picked up and then have to wait for his chance a year or two behind someone. He has a good skill set but his maturity still seems to be a major concern. If you need a back to make an instant impact on your fantasy team I highly doubt this is your guy. There are still at least 5 backs that I would take over Crowell and that, in a ten team league, would put him back side of round 2. It's all speculative at this point but he has a lot of upside that if you dont need him to make an impact right away (much like Christine Michael) he could be a good grab.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Camperhead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Camperhead » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:35 pm

It's a bit premature to start speculating that Crowell's ultimate dynasty rookie draft slot would be comparable to Christine Michael's. Michael was a second-round pick by the Seahawks, the fifth RB and 62nd overall player taken in the NFL draft. That and his combine performance (along with his preseason work, for those whose rookie drafts are in August) helped elevate him to mid-to-late-first-round status.

If Crowell lasts until the third or fourth round (or later) in the NFL draft, it means he may not even be among the first ten RBs taken. If that turns out to be the case, there's no way he's a first-round pick in dynasty rookie drafts. Though his NFL draft outcome will be the ultimate determinant, at this point, he's closer to Da'Rick Rogers than Christine Michael.
10-Team Superflex League, 25 rosters spots
ROSTERS CUT TO 15 MID-AUGUST
ROOKIE/FREE AGENT DRAFT LATE AUGUST

Lineup requirements: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
TD=6, TDP=4, 15 yds rush/rec=1, 35 yds pass=1, 2 rec=1

QB - Mahomes, Wilson, Bridgewater, Hurts, Heinicke, Eason
RB - Kamara, Chubb, LeVeon Bell, David Johnson, Dillon
WR/TE - Hopkins, Godwin, A.J. Brown, Sutton, Lamb, Harry, A.J. Green, B.Edwards, P.Williams, G.Davis
K* - Tucker, Prater
DT* - Ravens, Buccaneers
* two of each required per league rules

LEAGUE CHAMPS 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:01 am

i believe it was this time last year that michael began to gain steam. once he went to the hawks, he shot up draft boards. much like crowell will do if he goes to an ideal situation. like michael last year, we all liked the combine and skillset, but until we know the situation, its hard to say where he will go in drafts. leveon bell is another guy who shot up draft boards after the draft.

i dont mean to compare any of these guys, but rather point out that situation is going to determine alot come draft time. its no different for rb's than it is for wr. some are questioning whether or not situation should dictate if you take watkins. you get the idea.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:33 am

marshallsnextarrest wrote:One thing that does concern me a bit is the fact I'm seeing very few teams linked to him in mocks that are coming out. I'm seeing a guy like lyerla who for gods sake was on coke getting gambled on late but Crowell who hasn't had much off the field issues if any the last two years go undrafted. I'm wondering what the issues are there.
Mocks are like NCAA brackets. Fun to do and look at but rarely ever accurate.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:32 pm

A team could gamble on his talent, but probably not much sooner than where a similar player and situation happened recently with Bryce Brown.

Talent alone he could be drafted where Christine Michael was, but teams likely won't take that big of a risk with Crowell who despite his talent has major baggage.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

oogieboogie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oogieboogie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:19 pm

I can see Crowell being a top-18 rookie pick and would probably be comfortable taking him in the 9th round of dyno startup.

Baggage or not, I like the talent.
12 teams - PPR
1QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-3TE

QB-Ryan, Tua, Fitz, Winston
RB-Zeke, Gurley, Conner, Henry, McKinnon, Drake
WR-Adams, Cooper, Woods, Parker, Pittman, M.Jones, DJax, MVS, Fitz, Foster
TE-Cook, Alie-Cox, Fells, Doyle, Okwuegbunam
Draft Picks: 2021 1,2,3,4,4

League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2019

Camperhead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Camperhead » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Uh, oh. Waldman's RSP is out, and he has Crowell as the No. 1 RB -- though he notes that, as late as Crowell is likely to go in the NFL draft, he'll probably drop quite a few notches in the post-draft update.
10-Team Superflex League, 25 rosters spots
ROSTERS CUT TO 15 MID-AUGUST
ROOKIE/FREE AGENT DRAFT LATE AUGUST

Lineup requirements: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
TD=6, TDP=4, 15 yds rush/rec=1, 35 yds pass=1, 2 rec=1

QB - Mahomes, Wilson, Bridgewater, Hurts, Heinicke, Eason
RB - Kamara, Chubb, LeVeon Bell, David Johnson, Dillon
WR/TE - Hopkins, Godwin, A.J. Brown, Sutton, Lamb, Harry, A.J. Green, B.Edwards, P.Williams, G.Davis
K* - Tucker, Prater
DT* - Ravens, Buccaneers
* two of each required per league rules

LEAGUE CHAMPS 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Camperhead wrote:Uh, oh. Waldman's RSP is out, and he has Crowell as the No. 1 RB -- though he notes that, as late as Crowell is likely to go in the NFL draft, he'll probably drop quite a few notches in the post-draft update.
It's not incorrect to point out he may be the most talented guy in this class. Regardless, he won't be drafted like it and likely will play behind another more established runner once he makes it to the NFL (provided he does, in fact, get drafted). 4-6th rounds, most likely. That said, he is a 'Christine Michael' type of talent but I'm not convinced he's the #1 back in this class. Very physically gifted, certainly. Anyone know his current weight?
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Dbolicious
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dbolicious » Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 am

Here's a link to an interview with him where he talks about how he's grown up especially now that he's a father. Obviously he's going to say everything he can to try and convince a team to take a chance on him.

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/former ... ed-person/

Here is a radio interview where he talks about his arrest as well
http://boxtorow.com/blog/2014/05

I'm targeting him in my rookie for life leagues and hoping he doesn't pull a Blackmon on me.
Dear Leader
10team non PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1TE/WRflx, 4IDP Flex - 25 man rosters
QB-Luck,Ben
RB-Giovanni,Morris,TRich,Mason,Hyde,McKinnon
WR- Marshall, Alshon, Cobb, DeAndre, Patterson, J.Hunter, Robinson, Moncrief
TE-Cameron, ASJ, Reed
LB - David, Kuechly, Burfict, Shazier

IT ERTZ WHEN EIFERT
nonPPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1WR/RB flex - 25 man
QB- Luck, Stafford
RB- Shady, Giovanni, Miller,Pierce,C Michael, Turbin, Crowell, Simms, Latavius, Mason
WR- Julio, Evans, Floyd, Hopkins, Robinson, OBJ, Moncrief, Randle, Woods
TE- Gronk, Ladarius, Amaro
2015 picks (3) 1sts and (2) 3rds

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 pm

I have 1.11 and he is most definitely on my radar. I am VERY interested in seeing where he lands.

I believe he is easily the most talented RB in this class.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Pine Tree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Pine Tree » Tue May 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Yeah i'm looking at him with my 3.02 pick, I'm really in need of a RB also

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Tue May 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Good luck with that. I also have the 3.02 in one league but doubt he falls that far, but you never know. I may spend my 2nd on him.