Fair starting offer for Gordon?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Fair starting offer for Gordon?

Postby waynesworld1234 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:23 pm

I want to acquire Gordon from another owner, but I want to make sure I offer a fair initial offer. The pieces I wouldn't mind parting with for Gordon are Shane Vereen, Ben Tate, Demarco Murray, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, and My 1st pick. He's in dead last and in full rebuild so I know it's going to be a tough sell and there may not even be a possible deal here. What would your initial offer be? It's 1/2 point PPR and we start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex. Thanks for the help!

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Fair starting offer for Gordon?

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Where is your first likely to fall?
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:35 pm

1.6 - 1.10

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Gordon owners won't like it, but I would probably start with an offer of Vereen, Tate, and the 1st. I think any team in full rebuild mode is only going to be interested in young pieces and Fitz, and Marshall may be too old to get the other owner interested. Murray could be a possible piece in place of either of the RBs, it all depends on how you and the other owner views him.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm

He isn't that high on Murray. I forgot to post this as well, but this is his team.

RGIII
CJ Spiller, Rashad Jennings, Darren Sproles, David Wilson
Josh Gordon, Keenen Allen, Kendall Wright, Justin Blackmon, Hakeem Nicks, Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert, Jordan Reed

Bandonij
Captain
Captain

Postby Bandonij » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:46 pm

thebeast wrote:Gordon owners won't like it, but I would probably start with an offer of Vereen, Tate, and the 1st. I think any team in full rebuild mode is only going to be interested in young pieces and Fitz, and Marshall may be too old to get the other owner interested. Murray could be a possible piece in place of either of the RBs, it all depends on how you and the other owner views him.
^I would agree with this. Your best pieces are Fitz and Marshall, so it depends on how he views their longevity. I'm a Gordon owner and view him as almost untradeable. But a package of Marshall, a 1st, and Vereen/Tate would make make me think long and hard.
10 team, 0.5 ppr. Start 1QB 2RBs 2WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: Wilson, Tannehill
RB: CJ Anderson, Gore, Foster, Ellington, Spiller, K Williams, D Lewis, Alf
WR: OBJ, Evans, Dez, K Allen, K White, John Brown, Gordon, Conley, D Baldwin
TE: Eifert, L. Green, Ebron
2016 picks: 1.07, 3.07
2015 League Runner up.

10 team full ppr. Start 1QB 2RBs 3WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: Luck , Romo
RB: Forsett, M Gordon, Gurley, Rawls, Zenner
WR: OBJ, TY Hilton, BMarsh, Maclin, Lockett, Marvin, Latimer
TE: Reed
2016 Picks: 1.06, 2.07, 3.10
2015 League Champ. Worst to first!

12 team full ppr, 1.5 for TE. Start 1QB 2RBs 3WRs 1TE 2(RB/WR/TE) 1DST.
QB: ARod
RB: Duke, Dion, Spiller, Bolden, Jennings, Ridley
WR: K Benjamin, Baldwin, Diggs, Agholor, T Benjamin, Conley, Hunter, Stevie, Kearse, TY Montgomery, Torrey
TE: Walford, D Allen, Gilmore, V. Green
2016 Picks: 1.04, 3.11, 3.14
2017 picks 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds
2018 picks 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
Just took over as an orphan 04/10/16

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Vereen, a 1st and Marsh is probably the best package you can send. Vereen is young and is valuable especially in any ppr league. Marshall I would say over Fitz only because of their current production. I think Fitz is more talented, but talent is only part if the equation. A 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. Vereen and the pick is nice for a rebuild team, but your vet WRs might be on the downhill when the other team is competing. I honestly don't see a deal coming together as Gordon's value might be at its peak. If you can pull something together, then more power to you. Good luck.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:44 pm

slaughterrt wrote:Vereen, a 1st and Marsh is probably the best package you can send. Vereen is young and is valuable especially in any ppr league. Marshall I would say over Fitz only because of their current production. I think Fitz is more talented, but talent is only part if the equation. A 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. Vereen and the pick is nice for a rebuild team, but your vet WRs might be on the downhill when the other team is competing. I honestly don't see a deal coming together as Gordon's value might be at its peak. If you can pull something together, then more power to you. Good luck.
Wow. Is the Gordon hype this high?? Vereen, a 1st, and B Marsh? Jeebus :wtf:
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

tjason1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tjason1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:02 pm

It seems tremendously bad timing to target Gordon right now. It's the definition of buying high. You're almost certainly going to be paying an outlandish price.

I know the Gordon owner in my league has turned down better offers than Marshall/Vereen/1st and that was even before his second huge game.
12 Team / 20 Roster (+3 onTaxi)/ Keep 18 / 0.5 PPR
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 1TDef
QB: Wilson, Winston, Tribusky, Jackson
RB: LBell, Cook, Collins, D.Johnson, Abdullah
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Cooks, Kupp, Crowler, Ridley, Pettis
TE: Njoku, ASJ, Swaim

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Marshall and a 1st should be enough but I wouldn't expect he will trade him after the past 2 weeks.

I agree very bad timing to target him. 24/498 and 3TD's is half a season for solid WR's and Gordon has done that in 2 games...with Brandon Weeden no less
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:
slaughterrt wrote:Vereen, a 1st and Marsh is probably the best package you can send. Vereen is young and is valuable especially in any ppr league. Marshall I would say over Fitz only because of their current production. I think Fitz is more talented, but talent is only part if the equation. A 1st round pick is a 1st round pick. Vereen and the pick is nice for a rebuild team, but your vet WRs might be on the downhill when the other team is competing. I honestly don't see a deal coming together as Gordon's value might be at its peak. If you can pull something together, then more power to you. Good luck.
Wow. Is the Gordon hype this high?? Vereen, a 1st, and B Marsh? Jeebus :wtf:
For a rebuilding team to trade away his best young guy after a tremendous few games and an elite season...you are going to have to overpay and the guy's value is at its peak. If you want to try to get the deal done, then you gotta pay.

BAMtastic
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BAMtastic » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 pm

forget gordon and grab keenan allen will be nearly as good and cost you less

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:59 pm

DO NOT trade for Gordon now, his value is at an all-time high. I have him and I've been following him closely for awhile. While i think he is a stud, it would be foolish to try to buy him after two huge games. The tricky part is his value is bound to go up after the Browns draft a qb this summer. So I would wait til the offseason because he is bound to cool off a little bit and then try to trade him before the draft. Then you should be able to get a good deal
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:19 pm

BAMtastic wrote:forget gordon and grab keenan allen will be nearly as good and cost you less
I kind of agree here. Don't get me wrong, I own Gordon. Love having him. But agree with the rest that it would take an extreme overpay at this moment to acquire him. Allen is only 20 years old. Maybe never reach the elite status that Gordon seems to be heading, but Allen should be a very valuable piece moving forward

Also the offer of Tate/Vereen/1st would get rejected quickly from me for Gordon. Marshall package is enticing, but would be nervous with this talk of Cutler hitting FA. If Cutler moves on BMarsh would drop a few in my rankings, while Alshon would move up a couple spots

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Gordon with a NFL caliber qb will be a beast, only problem is everyone knows this. And after his past few weeks he is a buy HIGH player right now. If I were a Gordon owner it would take a ton to get him. I just traded Nelson, Moreno, Stacy and a 1st for AJ and I think Gordon is getting close to that level. I agree with the others, go after Allen, he will be a to wr and come much cheaper.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5