Less then listed options
6%

Total votes: 50

buck6380
Starter
Starter

Re: Trent's current market value?

Postby buck6380 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 pm

I am only into the 2nd year of my dynasty, so it is hard for me to hang on, my gut tells me to bail on him!
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I am starting to get down on Trich but not getting solid enough offers to move him. Going to ride him out and if he ends up elite excellent, otherwise RB2 he is.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm sorry, but TRich is terrible.

Thank god I never paid the price everyone wanted for this bust.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Very happy to have moved him a couple weeks ago for AJGreen. Doubt that one for one deal would get done today even though Green hasn't been dominating either thus far. Trich's stock seems to be falling quickly.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Going to man up here. I have not seen the game yet in its entirety but I plan to watch it later. I am by no means "giving up" on TRich. He is a player I will probably end up holding til he has no value left. As of right now, I am taking a wait and see approach. By the end of the year I will make my evaluation. I will not offer any excuses. He has had a slow start. Once the Colts start to show a lack of faith in him, then I will start to worry. For now, he is no longer elite in my eyes. Period.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm just going to say this again, but everybody predicted him to have this slow start with the Colts after he was traded two days before boarding a flight to San Francisco. 2 of his first three games were against San Francisco and Seattle, arguably the two best defenses in the league. Slow your rolls people. If he's still not producing 4-6 weeks from now then by all means press the panic button..but now is the absolute WORST time to even consider selling
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Seventy5 wrote:I'm just going to say this again, but everybody predicted him to have this slow start with the Colts after he was traded two days before boarding a flight to San Francisco. 2 of his first three games were against San Francisco and Seattle, arguably the two best defenses in the league. Slow your rolls people. If he's still not producing 4-6 weeks from now then by all means press the panic button..but now is the absolute WORST time to even consider selling
Slow start? Yes. Being out-played by Donald F'n Brown? Hell no.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:59 pm

JFever wrote:Very happy to have moved him a couple weeks ago for AJGreen. Doubt that one for one deal would get done today even though Green hasn't been dominating either thus far. Trich's stock seems to be falling quickly.
I think Green is the much safer player to own here, however I have been very dissapointed with his production since his big week 1. Dalton needs to go for Green to improve.

Somewhat kicking myself right now because I made a deal in the offseason and had my choice of Julio or Green, went with Green but my heart was telling me to go with Julio who I just love more as a player.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 am

Seventy5 wrote:I'm just going to say this again, but everybody predicted him to have this slow start with the Colts after he was traded two days before boarding a flight to San Francisco. 2 of his first three games were against San Francisco and Seattle, arguably the two best defenses in the league. Slow your rolls people. If he's still not producing 4-6 weeks from now then by all means press the panic button..but now is the absolute WORST time to even consider selling
Just finished watching the entire game. Again, Trent didn't look as bad as his stat line indicated. He had some good runs. Im feeling like once he learns the offense, he will be fine. I stand behind my comments that he isn't quite an elite back but I'm certainly nowhere near calling him a bust. I would expect Donald Brown to run better behind that line. He's been with the team for over three years.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 am

Vendetta wrote:
I just have to ask (this isn't meant to be a personal attack or anything of that sort)... but did you watch this week and last weeks games? I feel as if "being out-played by Donald Brown" is something somebody who didn't watch the entire game would say after just looking at the box score. Brown looks faster, no doubt about that, but also had a few holes one could drive a semi truck through (especially last week when he literally ran STRAIGHT untouched for 20+ yards).

Trent will never be confused with Chris Johnson (or any back with highlight reel like joystick moves) but he looked much quicker this week than he did the last two weeks. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but I felt he just looked confused out there while playing against SF/Jac. He looked like he was thinking instead of reacting, and that's something you don't want to be doing in ANY sport. He was hesitating and instead of putting his foot into the ground and exploding up field he was chopping his feet trying to figure out what his linemen were doing and then just trying to move the pile forward once the defense zeroed in on him. IMO, he looked much more confident this week, made a lot of people miss/broke tackles but Seattle's defense was simply just very good.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:33 am

Chris_R wrote:
henry1jg wrote:In my nonPPR league, I traded Gio, Jordan Cameron, Zach. Brown, & a 2nd for TRich.

Wow. This is the type of deal I'm looking for to trade my T Rich. I sent out Gio and a 1st for my Richardson and it was declined, let alone getting Cameron thrown in there also lol. I also sent out David Wilson and a 1st for Richardson which was declined also, unless I can get a similiar deal I'm keeping him.
With the depth I have, and the need for a plug-n-play RB I had, I pulled the trigger. I would do it again as well.

There is a lot of overreaction going on in here. Step back from the ledge fellas, this is dynasty.
Thank you. He's been in the Colts system for less than three weeks. Regardless of whether he is an "elite" talent or not, you still have to know the system in order to play freely. I understand that he is disappointing some people right now, but at some point you have to be realistic. He doesn't know the offense, and he's played two of 2012's top 4 defenses in the last few weeks. Honestly, I think it will be at least another 4-6 weeks in this offense before he's comfortable enough to play the game off of instincts, instead of thinking.

Believe me, I'm dissapointed as well, but we are all in this for the long haul. I think I'm going to go shop around a bit & see what kind of prices he's available for in my leagues.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:19 am

Seventy5 wrote:
Vendetta wrote:
I just have to ask (this isn't meant to be a personal attack or anything of that sort)... but did you watch this week and last weeks games? I feel as if "being out-played by Donald Brown" is something somebody who didn't watch the entire game would say after just looking at the box score. Brown looks faster, no doubt about that, but also had a few holes one could drive a semi truck through (especially last week when he literally ran STRAIGHT untouched for 20+ yards).

Trent will never be confused with Chris Johnson (or any back with highlight reel like joystick moves) but he looked much quicker this week than he did the last two weeks. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but I felt he just looked confused out there while playing against SF/Jac. He looked like he was thinking instead of reacting, and that's something you don't want to be doing in ANY sport. He was hesitating and instead of putting his foot into the ground and exploding up field he was chopping his feet trying to figure out what his linemen were doing and then just trying to move the pile forward once the defense zeroed in on him. IMO, he looked much more confident this week, made a lot of people miss/broke tackles but Seattle's defense was simply just very good.
Yes, I watched both games and still came away with my stance. Trent keeps getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage while holes seemingly materialized out of nothing for Brown who looked far more explosive and quick than TRich. Believe me, I hate to admit that but the fact is that Brown has impressed me far more than TRich has.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:49 am

Does anyone ever actually look at the blocking and play-calling when comparing these runs? Donald Brown's 50 yard run came from a 5 yard-wide hole in which Brown ran in a straight line for 20 yards before he was even threatened to be touched by a defensive player. His 3-yard TD run came from a shotgun, 4-wide spread look - which of course draws nickel or dime personnel from the defense.

I've always been a believer that teams should still spread out the defenses when trying to run the ball. Good teams like New England and Green Bay do a decent job of it when they get close to the goalline. Why line up with 2-TE sets and invite 13-14 300+ lb people (offensive and defensive) in a confined space, and then try and open up holes to run through? Seems like it'd be easier to do with just 8-10 300+ lb people in that same space.

Nearly every single one of Richardson's carries have seemed to come from at least a 1 inline TE set, if not 2-TE or goalline looks. Then Donald Brown comes in on 2nd and long (a passing down) with 3 or 4-wide against a dime defense, and it looks like he's finding better holes to run through.

Maybe when Richardson learns the playbook they can start getting him the ball against better looks from the defense.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Just watched Trent Richardson's last two games as a Colt, didn't bother with the SF game as he had been there for all of a few days and was thrown into the fire against one of the best D's in the NFL. Though I don't own Trent Richardson anymore (sold him for a boatload after he went to colts) I am still a big fan. I hadn't hadn't had time to see any of his games yet and his numbers really had me nervous about what I would see out of him. I now can now say, that in my humble opinion, there is a lot of overreaction to stat lines going on here. Trent Richardson's talent isn't the problem here. In the games I watched I can't say how many times he had to break a tackle or tackles just to get back to the line of scrimmage, and there were a couple of times where he just had no chance and got smothered in the backfield. There was just a single time in these games where I really questioned his vision and for the most part I thought he did a good job of getting what was blocked or more. I thought he displayed excellent power on all of his runs, I'd be willing to bet that few backs have broken more tackles than Trent over the last two weeks. Though he hasn't broken any 20+ yarders yet I really think that it is only a matter of time, he had 4 or 5 10+ yard runs that left me extremely impressed. I also came away very impressed with his pass blocking, especially against the Seahawks. OK that was the good. Now for the bad. First and foremost, I think Indy's line is just bad, which does not bode well for Trent, if they can't improve its going to be hard for Trent or anyone to get much going this year. It was also very clear that Trent was not comfortable in this offense yet. There were some instances where he seemed hesitant and wasn't quite sure what he was doing, and there were two plays where he thought he was supposed to be pass blocking but had the ball shoved into his arms when he wasn't expecting it. Another thing that stuck out to me was how little he has been used in the passing game with just 1 reception on only two or three targets that I saw. I'm not sure if this is because he isn't sure of the playbook yet, but on his one reception, his run after the catch was short but very impressive. And I'm sorry but anyone that thinks Donald Brown has looked better than TRich is just being silly. Brown usually came in on passing downs where the defense played noticeably softer against the run, on his two long runs he had huge holes to run through. To sum up, if people are selling Richardson right now I'm buying.