Shane Vereen top 15 RB in 2013?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Shane Vereen top 15 RB in 2013?

Postby Chris_R » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm a risk taker, and in ppr leagues I'd start him as my RB2 with confidence and I think he'll easily be top 20. Gronk probably isn't playing the first 6 games also so that's a big boost for his already extensive usage now, but with how he's featured in the passing game there is no way he won't be a week to week play. He'll at least get 3-4 catches and 60 total yards a week seems pretty easy. He just seems like he has a much bigger upside, and reason why I like him is because he seems like the guy who is going to have a few 20-30 point games this season, and I'd take that over a more consistent back say a Chris Ivory.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Cw4499
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Cw4499 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:41 pm

JFever wrote:Easy answer here - No Vareen will not be a top 15 rb.
Your statement is that there will be no Vereen in the NFL this year that will not be a the top 15 RB. That what you put into writing anyway.

If you combine Woodhead and Vereen's(They pretty much alternated) numbers for the year in 2012 he would have been pretty close to top 15. New England was 2nd in total rushing yardage and I believe pretty close to that in scoring by RB's also. It is not as far fetched as you may think. This is his first year that he has found a niche on the team and he may surprise everyone.

I don't think many people thought Alfred Morris or even Doug Martin would finish as high as they did last year. At least at this time last year. All Vereen has to do isto take his opportunity and run with it.
Fighting Milk Cows
12 Team TD league 3pts passing 6pts rushing/receiving. Team Defense 3pts for a victory, 3pts for a shut out
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB,WR,TE) 1PK, 1DEF

QB P Rivers, Eli Manning
RB K Hunt KC, J McKinnon SF, D Henry Tenn, M Mack Ind, Aaron Jones GB,
WR A Jeffrey Phil , Fitzgerald Ariz , Hopkins Hous, D Moore CAR
TE T Kelce KC,
PK
Def

Draft Picks 1-10,1-11, 2-10, 3-8, 3-10, 5-10, 7-10, 8-10

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:03 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:And I wouldn't be comfortable taking advice from somebody who can't even spell the players name correctly. It is obvious you haven't done you homework on Shane VEreen, because if you had, you could at least get his name right. If you can't get his name right, I highly doubt you've researched enough to make your analysis worth anything.
As somewhat of a grammar Nazi myself, I can appreciate your post. But come on, you're going to rip on the guy for spelling VEreen wrong, but not even comment on him using "dilutional"? Sigh, some people's kids.

Xelif
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Xelif » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 am

Jeez, people. I don't care if the point is that Shonn Vroom is a steal at his ADP, as long as it is backed up with raisins and the thinking is logically.
SWITZERLAND GNOMES OF ZURICH
12 team x 6 division, QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/1FLEX, PK, 1DL/1LB/1DB full dynasty, .5 PPR

QB: M Ryan, P Rivers, K Cousins
RB: M Lynch, M Jones-Drew, A Bradshaw, M Goodson, R Turbin, S Greene, K Moreno
WR: V Cruz, S Johnson, C Shorts, M Williams, A Boldin, K Wright, E Sanders, D Heyward-Bey, J Kerley, T Doss
TE: J Graham, M Lewis
PK: J Brown, H "Kickalicious" Rugland
DL: J Smith
LB: D Washington, J Mayo
DB: B Pollard
Taxi: WR J Boyce, DE D Jordan, RB M Hill, LB J Bostic

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:And I wouldn't be comfortable taking advice from somebody who can't even spell the players name correctly. It is obvious you haven't done you homework on Shane VEreen, because if you had, you could at least get his name right. If you can't get his name right, I highly doubt you've researched enough to make your analysis worth anything.
As somewhat of a grammar Nazi myself, I can appreciate your post. But come on, you're going to rip on the guy for spelling VEreen wrong, but not even comment on him using "dilutional"? Sigh, some people's kids.

Again, I don't think Vereen will be a top 15 rb. I can see why some think he has a shot at it - I admit. I simply don't trust Belichick and his running game right now. I'm not saying he (Vereen) sucks and that he has no fantasy value. I wouldn't mind having him as a rb3 in ppr leagues as I think he'll end up somewhere in the 20-25 range as far as rb production in 2013. I'm just not totally comfortable with what his role will be to say with confidence that he'll be a top 15 guy. If Ridley has any more concussion scares or misses time I see it as much more likely. I at the same time realize that someone will have to step up in that offense and catch short passes and it very well could be him. Either way / I'm ok if others are a bit higher on him than I am. No worries there what so ever.

The snarky responses that bash a response due to a misspelled word / name and then focus on the spelling rather than the opinion in the post just amaze me. Frankly; that is why so many have left the dlf site and found other dynasty forums out there. Couple that with the thought that just because a name got misspelled - the author must then not know what heck he's talking about as it pertains to fantasy football... now there is some great logic. I couldn't care less if an individual doubts my reasoning or otherwise doubts whether or not I know what I'm talking about and bases that opinion on a miss spelled word as I'm not here to impress anyone. I do not share the opinion that Vereen is a lock to be a top 15 rb and I think if a person was offered 2 2014 first round picks for him - it would be a return for him. If you are higher on him - fine. Please though - on a public forum - focus a bit more on content,logic, and thought - rather than grammar. I see the improper use of two,too,to, then, than, etc etc etc - all the fricking time on these forums but still at the same time find value in most posts. I happen to be a Human Anatomy / Biology teacher and I fully admit that spelling has never been a strong suit.....frankly I often am in a bit of a hurry to double check my post or to use the spell check - I'm sorry to have offended you grammar nazi's - but for the record - I do have 3 undergraduate degrees and a Masters degree.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:10 pm

"Frankly," With a comma.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:32 am

Top 15 might be much IMO. But I'd be surprised if he didn't finish top 25. Read all the posts & everyone has valid points, but the problem I feel is his points will come in bunches making him unreliable week in & week out. Have been reading a lot of how he'll be used in the "joker" role a lot this year, & may have a couple catches each week, but to crack the top 15, I don't feel he'll get the carries to put him over the hump

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:29 am

sct wrote:"Frankly," With a comma.
This isn't English class, so lets all try to focus on the point of the thread.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Lol...when did DLF allow a$$holes to join?

There should be an age limit...

Focus on the thread, not an obvious typo.

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 pm

WZA wrote:

I took that as a joke, I could be wrong, but with the timing it seemed that way.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:29 am

I may have jumped to conclusions, but this crap seems to be happening a lot lately. It's annoying.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 am

I'm considering trying to trade for Vereen in my 2nd league.

The Vereen owner has some interest in Forte. What additional value level on top of Vereen would you want for Forte?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:41 am

kris_kapsner wrote:I'm considering trying to trade for Vereen in my 2nd league.

The Vereen owner has some interest in Forte. What additional value level on top of Vereen would you want for Forte?
Forte is set for a huge year with that new offense, I wouldn't be looking to move him for Vereen.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:12 pm

rcicack wrote:
WZA wrote:

I took that as a joke, I could be wrong, but with the timing it seemed that way.
This.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 pm

WZA wrote: Lol...when did DLF allow a$$holes to join?
At least since December 17, 2011.

(I kid because I love.)
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!