Jake Ballard

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_brucem
Role Player
Role Player

Jake Ballard

Postby dlf_brucem » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

How much of a drop off in talent is he from Gronk and Hernandez. Im guessing a decent bit.
Follow Me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Bmatz08

My Dynasty Fantasy Football YouTube Channel [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFP5Q9 ... subscriber[/youtube]

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jake Ballard

Postby TryingToWin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 am

Dwarewolves wrote:How much of a drop off in talent is he from Gronk and Hernandez. Im guessing a decent bit.
You know the word "huge"?

Yea, that doesn't even begin to explain the gap between Gronk/Hern and Ballard.

I'd rather roll the dice on Sudfeld.

Amendola is going to catch 225 passes this season.

Jynxed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jynxed » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:01 am

I already added Ballard before all this insanity in a few places due to all the injury issues, I have no problem seeing him coming close to Aaron's numbers in that offense regardless of how much of a gap in talent may or may not exist frankly.

I could be crazy but just my thought!
24 teams, 40 roster spot/40 Keeper, PPR, QB passing td's 4pts all other td's 6
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 4DB, 3LB, 3DL
QB:R.Wilson,Tannehill, M.Moore
RB: D.Martin, M. Lynch, M.Ball, L. Dunbar, M.James
WR:E.Sanders, TY Hilton, V. Cruz, R. Woods, J. Kearse, J. Brown(PIT)
TE: E. Ebron, L. Willson,
DB: M. Mitchell, B. Grimes, D. Trufant, L. Ryan, A. Talib, M.Wright, E.J. Gaines
DL: J.Smith K. Williams, J. Hankins C. Mcdonald, W.Sutton, R.Hageman
LB: N. Bowman, D. Johnson, R. Kerrigan, P. Worrilow, J. Bostic, J. Sheard, M.Smith(PHI), L.Foote, R.Mcclain, C. Jones

Euclid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Euclid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:02 pm

TryingToWin wrote:
And if you extrapolate that out to a full 16 game season, he would have 600 catches!

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Euclid wrote:
TryingToWin wrote:
And if you extrapolate that out to a full 16 game season, he would have 600 catches!
:lol:

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patmos » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Ballard would not fill the move TE spot. He is a decent replacement for Gronk, not Hernandez
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Euclid wrote:
TryingToWin wrote:
Nice!!!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Where are the Tebow lovers right now? I had a guy on the espn boards swear up and down that Tebow was going to automatically put up huge numbers at TE now...even though he has no evidence whatsoever. He also would not listen to other people's opinions that disagreed with him (ironically citing "lack of evidence" behind our claims).

dlf_brucem
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dlf_brucem » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:26 am

I was wonder if the talent variance at TE is going to affect Brady's fantasy stats. I would say he would have to drop in some production, but don't know how much.
Follow Me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Bmatz08

My Dynasty Fantasy Football YouTube Channel [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFP5Q9 ... subscriber[/youtube]

mjreardon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mjreardon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 am

I think it's a mistake to assume that if Hernandez is out/gone, that Ballard just steps into the same role in the same offense. The offense will reflect the personnel. If you don't have the best TE duo in the league anymore, then you stop running a lot of two-TE sets. Ballard will be one piece to the puzzle, but I think this just makes them lean towards more 3, 4 WR sets.
M. Reardon, Member Corner Writer
Follow me on Twitter, always happy to talk fantasy (@mjreardon)

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 am

dlf_miker wrote: If you don't have the best TE duo in the league anymore, then you stop running a lot of two-TE sets. Ballard will be one piece to the puzzle, but I think this just makes them lean towards more 3, 4 WR sets.
...that's only if there are 3 or 4 WRs who give you more than Ballard. The Pats might not have 2 such WRs.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Jules wrote:
dlf_miker wrote: If you don't have the best TE duo in the league anymore, then you stop running a lot of two-TE sets. Ballard will be one piece to the puzzle, but I think this just makes them lean towards more 3, 4 WR sets.
...that's only if there are 3 or 4 WRs who give you more than Ballard. The Pats might not have 2 such WRs.
Boyce and Dobson are both talented. Vereen will be looking to get some work in the passing game as well.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:50 pm

seahawks506 wrote:
Jules wrote:
Boyce and Dobson are both talented. Vereen will be looking to get some work in the passing game as well.
Boyce and Dobson are going to be on a very steep learning curve. Vereen will get a lot of work, but not much more than he and Woodhead combined for last year. Ballard has shown he can produce when healthy, and he's had a year to learn the Pats' offense.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

mjreardon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mjreardon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Jules wrote: Boyce and Dobson are going to be on a very steep learning curve. Vereen will get a lot of work, but not much more than he and Woodhead combined for last year. Ballard has shown he can produce when healthy, and he's had a year to learn the Pats' offense.
It's possible Ballard ends up being the best option, I just think it's a mistake to assume that he is, which is what a lot of people do when they envision him stepping into the Hernandez "role." The most likely scenario in my opinion is that there's just a lot of different personnel groups, and they get what they can out of the youngin's, even if that means running dumber plays for them.

Also, I know it's just OTA's, but Ballard hasn't even been the best looking TE so far this pre-season - it's been Sudfeld.
M. Reardon, Member Corner Writer
Follow me on Twitter, always happy to talk fantasy (@mjreardon)