Ivory

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mlo6926
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Ivory

Postby mlo6926 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Trying to acquire Ivory for my rebuild team...team 2 in sig, I have the 1.7/1.10/2.10 as well..his value is going to be much higher if he signs with the jets..I think he will start, already have Goodson..do you think the 1.10 would be good value?

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Ivory

Postby ManuManu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:54 pm

It would probably take about that for me to part with him...
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

JOBOOZOSO
Starter
Starter

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:39 pm

1.10 is too much.

Jets offense will stink. Plus Powell is the Jet RB you want.
Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Prospects, Rankings, and Twitter

FLGM provides more relevant, daily football information than any other aggregator... combined!

Follow the fantasy action at http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com

2013 Fantasy Football Re-Draft Rankings including IDP
http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com/2013-rankings

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:03 pm

JOBOOZOSO wrote:1.10 is too much.

mtux96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mtux96 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:08 pm

I'd agree with the 1.10 is too much statement, though I'm not completely buying the Jets offense will stink argument as I don't think it'll matter as much as what will Ivory do with the Jets. He has some skills as a runner, but will that talent go with him into a new city.I might give up a late 2nd, but I'm not giving up a late first.

Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Postby Broncopain » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Thank you jimmy...every time I see this guy post something it makes me wish he was in my league. Powell has showed next to nothing the entire time he has been in the league. Compound his own physical ability, with the fact he couldn't beat out Greene AND the fact the jets are about to give up a valuable pick for ivory doesn't leave me with much faith in as johobo put it "the one you want". As far as I'm concerned the lil I've seen from ivory and Goodson puts them heads and shoulders above Powell.

I think the 1.10 is a bit much but he is worth exploring the cost on acquiring.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 pm

As I mentioned above, it would take about the 1.10 for me to trade away Ivory (if dealt to NYJ), but if I were looking to trade for him, I'd offer something in the range of a mid second-rounder.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

The Jets have a very good O-line. TD`s may be a problem but it`s not a bad situation for a rb.

Powell stinks. Why do you think they are bringing in 2 new guys to leap frog him on the depth chart. If they get Ivory, there`s a good chance Powell is cut at some point before the season starts.

But the 1.10 would still be too much for me because I`m still worried he`ll be back with the Saints.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:43 pm

The 1.10 is too much simply for the fact that he is the most injury-prone RB in the league.

He missed a lot (like, entire halves of seasons) of time PLAYING DII in college - what makes you think he'll hold up v.s. NFL players?

By the way, it's the Jets. I wouldn't trust their ability to accurately evaluate a player if God himself was the GM.

The Saints are probably thinking "CHA-CHING."

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm

You've missed the boat on buying Ivory low..
You're going to have to wait and see if the Jets/Saints deal doesn't happen anymore, otherwise you're going to have to fork out a young prospect or a late first / high second round pick.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:

HA, almost shot my beer across my screen there. The wisdom of JOBOOZOSO is always entertaining.

I think 1.10 is worth it if the trade goes through, but till it does for sure I would offer a mid second.

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:05 pm

2 months ago I gave 3.09/Woodhead for Ivory..... I absolutely would give up Ivory for the 1.10..... or any late 1st rounder..... I agree that the window to buy low is pretty much closed, especially with all the speculation about "Ivory and the Jets"......

ort5210
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ort5210 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 pm

I just traded Ivory for Jordan Cameron straight up. Good trade (i felt good about it)?

QB-1 RB1/2 WR3 TE1/2 K 1 DT1/2 DE2 LB3/4 CB 2 S2
ppr/1.5 for TE
50 man rosters. 7 taxi
7 rd rookie draft 2021 Picks 1.05, 2.05, 2.07, 2.10, 3.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05
QB Jackson, Love, Minshew
RB Barkley, Akers, Dobbins, Sanders Henderson, Hines, Mostert, Pollard,
WR Moore DJ, Sutton C, Johnson Diontae, Shenault L, Raegor J, Brown M, Bowden L, Cephus Q, Valdes_Scantling
TE Alie-Cox, Everett, Firkser, Hopkins, Howard, Tonyan, Trautman, Waller

DT Stewart,G
DE Bosa N, Dunlap, Flowers T, Hyder K, Ingram M
LB Adams T, Cunningham Z, Edmunds T, Gay W, Kirksey C, Martin K, Mckinney B, Smith J, Warner F
CB Dean J, Humphrey M, Reed D
S Fuller J, Johnson J, Smith H

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bjorklunde » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 pm

The 1.10 is way too much to give for Ivory, even if he does end up with the Jets, and here's a few reasons why:

1. He's a major injury risk- 2010: Knee, concussion, shoulder, hamstring, foot (which put him in IR), 2011: Foot (Started the season on PUP), hamstring (again), 2012: hamstring (and yet again).
2. The Jets offense is terrible, and as long as Sanchez is in town will continue to be. They haven't had a run game since Jones left town. Coincidentally, they had one of the top D's and an OK pass game that helped Jones and company lead the league in rushing. They currently have neither of those.
3. If the Saints saw anything in Ivory after his surprising rookie year, they probably would not have traded up the following year to get Ingram. Not to mention sign Sproles. (Though Sproles was brought in to play a different role).

I'm no expert, but I'd say the odds are stacked against Ivory doing much in NY. If he does indeed blow up in NY, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. But until that happens, I'm not buying.

JOBOOZOSO
Starter
Starter

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 pm

I like the discussion in this thread. Polite and thoughtful. Good to see.

I think Greene was the RB who busted in NY, not Powell. Powell never got a chance to be the man. No running back in the league could have had success in NY last year.

The Jets will be one of the worst teams this year. They will be ranked dead last in passing rank, which will limit any RB fantasy effectiveness. But if I had take a Jet RB tonight, I'm taking Powell.
Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Prospects, Rankings, and Twitter

FLGM provides more relevant, daily football information than any other aggregator... combined!

Follow the fantasy action at http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com

2013 Fantasy Football Re-Draft Rankings including IDP
http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com/2013-rankings