nicks vs crabtree

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

nicks vs crabtree

Postby hamburglar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:11 pm

apologies if this is up already- scanned first page and didnt see it. Who do you like, by how much and why?

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: nicks vs crabtree

Postby KMA » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 pm

No one wants to touch this so I'll take a stab. I own Nicks so of course I lean Nicks. However, I am ALMOST ready to give Crabtree his due. Someone dug up an old post of mine saying how Crabs would never amount to anything. Boy what a difference a quarterback makes. Health is what keeps this close IMO. I think Kaeps and Crabs continue to be productive and as long as Nicks stays healthy he will produce as well. I would give the slight edge to Crabs but if Nicks stays healthy I would prefer him. That playoff run he had on the way to the Superbowl was AMAZING. He was the offense. I haven't seen Crabs take over a game quite the way Nicks did during their stretch run. His upside is tremendous. Just has to play 16 and this may not be a debate.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 pm

georg013 wrote:No one wants to touch this so I'll take a stab. I own Nicks so of course I lean Nicks. However, I am ALMOST ready to give Crabtree his due. Someone dug up an old post of mine saying how Crabs would never amount to anything. Boy what a difference a quarterback makes. Health is what keeps this close IMO. I think Kaeps and Crabs continue to be productive and as long as Nicks stays healthy he will produce as well. I would give the slight edge to Crabs but if Nicks stays healthy I would prefer him. That playoff run he had on the way to the Superbowl was AMAZING. He was the offense. I haven't seen Crabs take over a game quite the way Nicks did during their stretch run. His upside is tremendous. Just has to play 16 and this may not be a debate.

Doing a start up now where I have Crabtree but Nicks owner is 49ers fan and said he'd do a 1 for 1... start 3-6 WR I already have Megatron, Crabtree, Torrey Smith Antonio Brown, Kenny Britt.

Trying to decide if I wanna take this deal or not -- this WR corps has sick upside...

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 pm

hamburglar wrote:
georg013 wrote:No one wants to touch this so I'll take a stab. I own Nicks so of course I lean Nicks. However, I am ALMOST ready to give Crabtree his due. Someone dug up an old post of mine saying how Crabs would never amount to anything. Boy what a difference a quarterback makes. Health is what keeps this close IMO. I think Kaeps and Crabs continue to be productive and as long as Nicks stays healthy he will produce as well. I would give the slight edge to Crabs but if Nicks stays healthy I would prefer him. That playoff run he had on the way to the Superbowl was AMAZING. He was the offense. I haven't seen Crabs take over a game quite the way Nicks did during their stretch run. His upside is tremendous. Just has to play 16 and this may not be a debate.

Doing a start up now where I have Crabtree but Nicks owner is 49ers fan and said he'd do a 1 for 1... start 3-6 WR I already have Megatron, Crabtree, Torrey Smith Antonio Brown, Kenny Britt.

Trying to decide if I wanna take this deal or not -- this WR corps has sick upside...
Since he is asking for the trade, might as well ask for something else

DAG
Captain
Captain

Postby DAG » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:52 am

I am alot more risk adverse than some (I traded for Britt for the upside if that tells you anything) so I don't care that Nicks has had some problems staying on the field. Crabtree really showed me something last year but I would still rather have Nicks by quite a bit. But as some said, he asked for the trade so why not use the injury as leverage and try and squeeze a pick out of him.
Krispy Kareem Donuts

12 team 22 man roster .5 ppr std 6 pt td for all. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, ST

Goff, Mariota
Mack, K Hunt, J Adams, A Jones, J Richard, I Smith, E McGuire, Lynch, Ballage
M Thomas, Godwin, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Doctson, T Smith, D Parker, Kumerow
Kittle, Herndon

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:42 pm

I think it's a fair deal and I get the feeling if I push for more he might just change his mind. he actually prefers nicks by a slight margin as well but is willing based off being a homer. I also commish the league so while I want the best deal possible am also not looking to set the standard for fleecing someone either.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 pm

It was a solid trade, didn't mind grabbing my boy but you're right, I wouldn't have given any more just to have Crabtree. I love my Niners but I play fantasy to win haha

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Crabtree for me

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Gonna bump this thread.

I'm trying to decide between the two.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:08 pm

TryingToWin wrote:Gonna bump this thread.

I'm trying to decide between the two.
Nicks by a round or two for me
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Nicks. I owed Crabtree for 2 years. He is solid, but a low WR2 at best. When Nicks is healthy, he is a low WR1 high WR2.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 am

All depends on health for me, Nicks if he 100% otherwise Crabs