Bryce Brown vs Bernard Pierce

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Bryce Brown
42%
Bernard Pierce
58%

Total votes: 33

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:18 pm

So Pierce (age 22) backs up Rice, who's 26, and Brown (age 21) backs up McCoy, who's 24. They both have similar size, but in Chip Kelly's offense Brown might get more immediate yards.

What does everybody think? Who is the best option in the long term? I'm leaning towards Brown...
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Bryce Brown vs Bernard Pierce

Postby Rustyram78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 pm

I think it's very close..... and if you have either Rice or McCoy I would say their respective backups.... but in a vacuum, I would pick Brown.....

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I really love both of these players as prospects. I have no idea what Kelly's offense will look like at the NFL level, so I'll in no way allow pure conjecture to make my decision. If my Halfback depth was strong I'd take Pierce as I feel he is a much safer prospect. If I was weak at the position (or strong at the position but in the middle of a rebuild.) I'd take Brown as I feel he has the potential to become a difference maker if he learns the position.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:59 pm

"Bryce Brown, RB, Philadelphia Eagles: Bryce Brown was the new hotness in fantasy football -- for two weeks. Beyond that, he was either an afterthought or struggling with fumbling issues. It seems promising on the surface that Brown now gets to play in Chip Kelly's run-first offense, but there's still the issue of LeSean McCoy being the No. 1 back. What's more, DeSean Jackson has been very vocal this offseason about his perceived role in the attack. If all you remember about Brown were his performances in Weeks 11 and 12 and hoping for a glimpse of that in 2013, you could be disappointed."

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/stor ... candidates

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:06 pm

I will take Pierce

Murphy29
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Murphy29 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:26 pm

[quote="Team Woodard"]"Bryce Brown, RB, Philadelphia Eagles: Bryce Brown was the new hotness in fantasy football -- for two weeks. Beyond that, he was either an afterthought or struggling with fumbling issues. It seems promising on the surface that Brown now gets to play in Chip Kelly's run-first offense, but there's still the issue of LeSean McCoy being the No. 1 back. What's more, DeSean Jackson has been very vocal this offseason about his perceived role in the attack. If all you remember about Brown were his performances in Weeks 11 and 12 and hoping for a glimpse of that in 2013, you could be disappointed."

^ a very good point. I would say Brown too but he is going to have to work very hard over the next few years to turn his raw athletic ability into polished nfl caliber skills. Neither would be bad to have on your team but since both are looking like it will be atleast few years before either gets a chance at becoming a lead back, I'll take Brown's upside.