Ingram or Miller

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Ingram Or Miller

Mark Ingram
41%
Lamar Miller
59%

Total votes: 63

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Ingram or Miller

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Pretty straightforward, who you got for the forseeable future: Mark Ingram or Lamar Miller (and why)? :salute:

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Ingram or Miller

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Miller I think has skills, but I don't trust him. I always thought Ingram was pretty over rated coming out, but I never saw what the L.Miller fans saw either.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Ingram

I trust his skills more.

His situation is bound to improve. I have a hunch that Payton will use him more now. His 1st season was plagued by injuries and last year was kinda a fluke with no 'real' coach. Payton wanted him for something. We should see it in 2013. If not, 2015 will be his jailbreak season...

Miller's got more/sooner opportunity, but I can't see him amounting to too much in MIA..

A very subjective reasoning...but it's mine!
Last edited by DonBrazi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 pm

I will take Miller

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 pm

I like Ingram
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Sudden surge of Miller votes, Miller supporters... what's your argument? Simply the fact that Reggie might be gone, or is he more talented than Ingram?

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Yes, that's my thought process...he's a home run threat and more 'skilles' than Ingram! I'm dissappointed in the way the Saints are using him and when he does get the ball, he's okay...nothing special! I blame it on both but mostly there is inconsistent touches!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:51 am

Although I prefer Ingram, a Reggie Bush departure means open highway for Miller. His stock is steadily rising with this possibility. Ingram still has a few cars parked in front of him. If both backs had feature back opportunities I would prefer Ingram. I havent seen the homerun threat materialize at this level for Miller yet. Ingram has made some nice runs as a pro.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:12 am

It doesn't seem to be the popular stance but I'll take Miller every day of the week. Watching the tape on him leading up to the NFL draft I had Miller ranked as the clear number three running back on my board. I was shocked to find when he slipped into the fourth round due to an injury and excited about the prospect of landing him in both of my dynasty leagues. I think Lamar Miller is the better fantasy player in every aspect. He has more raw physical ability, he has a more defined skill set on the football field & is in the better position by miles. I am not saying he has more football skills than Ingram, only that that the skills he does have are clear cut. I don't know how to describe Ingram's skill set, he's not the classic third down back, goaline back, powerback, scatback or dual threat. I loved Ingram in college, I drafted/traded for/rostered him in dynasty for the better part of two years. Unless he gets the ball 20+ a game I don't think he will ever contribute in fantasy in a consistent way.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

Duffmanohno2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Duffmanohno2003 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am

holy_stromboli wrote:Sudden surge of Miller votes, Miller supporters... what's your argument? Simply the fact that Reggie might be gone, or is he more talented than Ingram?
Did the surge come after the "Successful Running Back Measurement Analysis" article? Reading that points out how physically not special Ingram really is. Plus he's in a tough situation. Miller is more talented (though not overly gifted either, according to the article) and may have a better situation. Not to mention that fewer people have been burned by Miller vs. Ingram slugging around the NFL for two years. Makes the Miller vote an easy one.
SCUFFLE DyNasty 12 Team PPR
2005, 2011, & 2012 Champs
QBs: T. Brady
RBs: G. Bernard, M. Forte, L. Miller, J. Stewart
WR/TE: T. Hilton, D. Thomas, B. Quick
D: Streaming
K: Streaming

gurulevi7
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gurulevi7 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm

though miller is about as dumb as a football player can get, he is talented. he was my favorite rb from film last year behind trich and ahead of wilson and martin. with reggie bush practically gone, i fully expect miller to run with it. literally. he is special with the ball. while ingram is talented as well. he is in a RBBC with sproles and Pthomas on a Pass heavy team. will never be that consistent guy people will be looking for.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Duffmanohno2003 wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:Sudden surge of Miller votes, Miller supporters... what's your argument? Simply the fact that Reggie might be gone, or is he more talented than Ingram?
Did the surge come after the "Successful Running Back Measurement Analysis" article? Reading that points out how physically not special Ingram really is. Plus he's in a tough situation. Miller is more talented (though not overly gifted either, according to the article) and may have a better situation. Not to mention that fewer people have been burned by Miller vs. Ingram slugging around the NFL for two years. Makes the Miller vote an easy one.
Nope, but I would love to see this article if I could. :D

PapaBearsPlaybook
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PapaBearsPlaybook » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm

This one is a 100% no brainer for me - Lamar Miller 100 times out 100 times.

If you're looking for a player you're going to start every week and an asset, Miller is the guy.

We've seen what Ingram is--a plodding/situational back who will never be a RB1 nor a RB2.

By every indication - including news today - Bush will not be back and they simply don't like Daniel Thomas. Had Lamar Miller shown better hands at the combine he would have been drafted ahead of Doug Martin - he showed better hands this year in the short time he played and during camps. Miller has the size/physical skill set to be a high end running back when given the opportunity.

Miller is the guy you want here over Ingram.
12 Team, PPR, Start: 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2WR, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE. Keep 6.
QBs: Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Logan Thomas
RB: Bell, Vereen, Sankey, Greene, FJax
WR: Floyd, Cobb, Cooks, Hopkins, Jennings, Baldwin
TE: Reed, Walker
K: Crosby, Suisham

15 Team, Non-PPR, redraft, Start: 2QBs, 2RBs, 3 WRs, 1 K, 1 D.
QB: Wilson, Ryan
RB: Joique Bell, Ellington
WR: White, Floyd, A. Johnson
TE: H. Miller
K: Gould DEF: NE Pats

12 Team, $500 Cap/Auction/Dynasty League, PPR, 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3WR, 2 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE.
QB: Brady ($92), Manziel ($16), Fitzpatrick ($10), Hoyer ($7), Savage ($2)
RB: Spiller ($85), Lynch ($60), Woodhead ($16), SJax ($19), Cunningham ($1), McKinnon ($1), CJ Anderson ($1)
WR: Garcon ($35), Hopkins ($19), Thompkins ($7), J. Hunter ($4), BMarsh ($65), Tate ($8), Marlon Brown ($1)
TE: D. Allen ($2), Ertz ($12), Reed ($5)
K: Vinatieri ($1), Suisham ($1)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 am

PapaBearsPlaybook wrote: Had Lamar Miller shown better hands at the combine he would have been drafted ahead of Doug Martin - he showed better hands this year in the short time he played and during camps. Miller has the size/physical skill set to be a high end running back when given the opportunity.
This is not true. Lamar Miller would never have been drafted ahead of Doug Martin, even if L.Miller could catch. L.Miller was pretty much only a situational RB in college, he needed shoulder surgery coming out, he doesn't catch the ball that well, has ball security issues, he can't pass protect, and he couldn't understand the complex NFL offenses which caused him to fail the chalk board test at the combine. D.Martin was electric on tape cutting on a dime with no loss of speed and didn't have all those other problems. Miller was ok on tape, but his tape was limited due to him not being able to earn a lead back role in college and only being a situational RB, so I don't think he's a lock just because R.Bush may leave. L.Miller is no D.Martin. R.Bush leaving won't make L.Miller more physical, be able to pass protect, or cause him to carry the ball better. L.Miller looks like a situational or change of pace RB in the NFL as a RBBC unless he makes a ton of improvements in several areans.

Weston318
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Weston318 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Miller is more talented IMO, and in a less crowded back field, and has a legit shot to start if Bush is indeed gone.
DEEEZ NUUUTS
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 3 flex, Super flex, IDP
10 Team PPR, 27 man roster
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Locker, Cutler, Mallett
RB: Martin, Morris, Mathews, Miller, Tate, Gerhart
WR: Julio, Nicks, VJax, Brown, Austin, Jeffrey, Randle, Holmes, Young
TE: Witten, Pettigrew, Kendricks, Moeaki
IDP: Mayo, Posluszny
2013 Picks: 1.03, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 3.07, 3.10

Amoo Dynasty
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 3 Flex
10 Team PPR, 25 Man roster