Rivers to Arizona?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Rivers to Arizona?

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm

What are the chances he gets cut by San Diego? I think Arizona would be a good landing spot for him. I think he needs a change of scenery, and the new coach may want "his guy."

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rivers to Arizona?

Postby ManuManu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:What are the chances he gets cut by San Diego? I think Arizona would be a good landing spot for him. I think he needs a change of scenery, and the new coach may want "his guy."
With Andy Reid rumored to take the San Diego job, I think he'd like to have the chance to turn Rivers' career around.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Rivers days of being a QB1 are long gone, regardless of team.

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:02 pm

I could care less about Rivers. Do it for Larry

LARRY DESERVES BETTER!!
Sir Peyton 12 Team • 5th Year • Non PPR
2010: 8th | 2011: 11th | 2012: 2nd | 2013: 4th | 2014: 1st

QB1 Peyton RB1 Miller RB2 Ellington WR1 Thomas WR2 Hopkins WR3 Watkins TE1 Gronk
Reserves QB Someone Shitty RB Spiller, Mathews, Sankey WR Marshall, Fitz, Nicks, Landry, Richardson, Randle TE Walker

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:12 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:Rivers days of being a QB1 are long gone, regardless of team.
I don't know if that's fair to say. The parts around him are pretty bad. Malcolm Floyd and Danario Alexander? Mathews is a great back to have for a QB, but that line is horrible. I do agree that his days of being a QB1 are almost certainly over, but that's just because I can't imagine him landing in a scenario where he has a good line and good skill players on offense. Maybe he somehow gets released, the Ravens don't resign Flacco, and he ends up in Baltimore, and then they draft Justin Hunter? Very hard to imagine.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm

TheOracle wrote:Maybe he somehow gets released, the Ravens don't resign Flacco, and he ends up in Baltimore, and then they draft Justin Hunter? Very hard to imagine.
Now there is a storyline no one is talking about these days -- wacko Flacco. The self-proclaimed top-5 QB who is going to be a FA and want big $$. How about him going to Arizona?

As for Fitz, anyone is an upgrade over their QBs, so I'm sure Rivers would help.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

TheOracle wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:Rivers days of being a QB1 are long gone, regardless of team.
I don't know if that's fair to say. The parts around him are pretty bad. Malcolm Floyd and Danario Alexander?
:shock: Um, he's pretty good and Floyd is no slouch either. Not to mention Gates and a lot of solid pass-catching RBs.

A lot of it is his decision-making and play-calling.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:52 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:
TheOracle wrote:Maybe he somehow gets released, the Ravens don't resign Flacco, and he ends up in Baltimore, and then they draft Justin Hunter? Very hard to imagine.
Now there is a storyline no one is talking about these days -- wacko Flacco. The self-proclaimed top-5 QB who is going to be a FA and want big $$. How about him going to Arizona?

As for Fitz, anyone is an upgrade over their QBs, so I'm sure Rivers would help.
I could see Whiz going Wacko for Flacco. What's their cap space like?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Ravens4life20 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:10 pm

As a Ravens fan I would like to point out that Flacco never really said that he was elite like the other elite QBs, he explained it as, if you're a QB in the NFL, of course you are going to think you're elite, cause if you don't go into a game with that mentality, you are surely setting yourself up for failure. Secondly I would also like to point out that Flacco has not appeared to show any consistency in being elite, but in some pressure moments...does play lights out. Now why would a team that has NEVER had a top 10 QB give up on a guy that has won more games than any other QB in history in their first 5 years. Instead I see this ending up perfectly for the Ravens as they are a very fair organization, and they will get a fair deal done, or there is always the franchise tag. Now if Flacco still wants more...the franchise tag is applied. Also another thing that will make almost ALL Ravens fans happy is seeing Cam Cameron pack his bags!!
Also have heard some rumors of Norv Turner as a potential replacement...No doubt in my mind this would help Flacco as he has taken big strides this year with a shortened throwing motion and quicker decisions since adding Jim Caldwell. Having open WRs would be a nice boost as well I am thinking as all our wideouts won't be running simply just the 9-route, an out route, a flag route or slant...and then not change it in the 2nd quarter when opposing teams figure out that we aren't going to adapt to change...go coach high school football Cam...or better yet, the Steelers
QB:Kaepernick, Flacco, Vick
RB:TRich, Martin, E.Lacy, B.Pierce, D.Williams--Taxi squad: DRich, I.Pead
WR:Megatron, L.Fitzgerald, Garcon, Torrey, K.Thompkins--Taxi squad: J.Gordon, S.Hill, A.Dobson
TE:J.Graham, J.Cameron, O.Daniels

DE:Wilkerson, Liuget, C.Johnson
LB:Wagner, S.Lee, Timmons, Beason, D.Smith--Taxi squad:A.Ogletree
DB:TJ Ward, H.Smith, L.Webb

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:
TheOracle wrote:
I don't know if that's fair to say. The parts around him are pretty bad. Malcolm Floyd and Danario Alexander?
:shock: Um, he's pretty good and Floyd is no slouch either. Not to mention Gates and a lot of solid pass-catching RBs.

A lot of it is his decision-making and play-calling.
Off the top of my head, I rank their WRs/Gates behind Dallas, Philly, NYG, NE, Denver, OAK, ARI, SF, CHI, DET, GB, PIT, BAL, CIN, ATL, NO, TB, and TEN pretty easily, and I'm not sure they're significantly better than SEA, MIN, CLE, HOU, CAR, or even IND.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:What are the chances he gets cut by San Diego? I think Arizona would be a good landing spot for him. I think he needs a change of scenery, and the new coach may want "his guy."
Someone asked Kevin Acee about this on twitter. His response was that Rivers will not be cut, and Mathews would not be traded... Rivers is appealing to a new coach to "fix him", and Mathews has all the ability in the world.
A fresh scheme and something on the offensive line would do wonders.

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Spinkso wrote:
Someone asked Kevin Acee about this on twitter. His response was that Rivers will not be cut, and Mathews would not be traded... Rivers is appealing to a new coach to "fix him", and Mathews has all the ability in the world.
A fresh scheme and something on the offensive line would do wonders.

As a Fitzgerald owner I assumed this to be true, but I couldn't help but dream. Agree entirely on the O-Line part.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm

ManuManu wrote:
With Andy Reid rumored to take the San Diego job, I think he'd like to have the chance to turn Rivers' career around.
Rivers doesn't seem like a good fit for the west coast offense, but I can't see San Diego cutting him loose OR anyone giving up picks to get him. They have him under contract for three more years.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:10 pm

The chances of Rivers being cut? Ummm, zero? Since when do QB's like Phillip Rivers get cut? Sure he's regressed(as have his weapons) but when is the last time a QB like that was just outright cut? Too many teams would love to have Rivers, way too many. Also let's keep in mind a few years ago he had a healthy in his prime Antonio Gates who was the best TE in the game, a HOF RB who was one of the better all around backs ever in LT, the best 3rd down RB in the game in Sproles, and Vincent Jackson. Jackson and Gates could go up and get anything out of the air over top of any DB, at any time. There was far less accuracy needed for guys like that, then you have an outlet in LT or Sproles. Michael Turner was the back-up, Tolbert was in town.

There was all kinds of talent at the skill positions, it's not unusual for the QB to reap benefits because of it and also not surprising when all those guys leave and you do a poor job of replacing that talent for a QB to regress. But he's not even close to getting cut.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Chris_R wrote:The chances of Rivers being cut? Ummm, zero? Since when do QB's like Phillip Rivers get cut? Sure he's regressed(as have his weapons) but when is the last time a QB like that was just outright cut? Too many teams would love to have Rivers, way too many. Also let's keep in mind a few years ago he had a healthy in his prime Antonio Gates who was the best TE in the game, a HOF RB who was one of the better all around backs ever in LT, the best 3rd down RB in the game in Sproles, and Vincent Jackson. Jackson and Gates could go up and get anything out of the air over top of any DB, at any time. There was far less accuracy needed for guys like that, then you have an outlet in LT or Sproles. Michael Turner was the back-up, Tolbert was in town.

There was all kinds of talent at the skill positions, it's not unusual for the QB to reap benefits because of it and also not surprising when all those guys leave and you do a poor job of replacing that talent for a QB to regress. But he's not even close to getting cut.
I think he's mistakes are due to him just pressing too much because he's got too much on his plate. I think Norv's misuse of Ryan Mathews, poor play calling, and horrid line work has Rivers trying to carry the entire offense. His receivers aren't good enough to air it out 40 times a game.