Postby sunnyd23 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:04 pm

PPR, high performance scoring, NO return yardage

Titus Young
Randall Cobb
Hankerson
Vincent Brown
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rank these players...

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Hankerson

Cobb
Young
Brown

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:35 pm

I agree with Rorke, and I like them all.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm

cobb
young
hankerson

brown

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Before I started reading this site recently, I would've listed them as:

cobb
young
hankerson
brown

Since reading Mr. Rourke & others comments on Hankerson, I've re-evaluated him. He has a QB now, and not much competition for the WR2 slot on the Redskins. He's talented enought to develop into a #1. He does have problems with drops, but many very good WRs do.

Now I'd say:

hankerson
cobb
Young
brown

which I believ is Mr. Rourke's answer. My personal preference - I like him - is still Cobb.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Young
Hankerson
Cobb

Brown
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Cobb
Hankerson
Young
Brown
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:01 pm

the only concsenus on this is brown is at the bottom

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:07 pm

xlote wrote:Before I started reading this site recently, I would've listed them as:

cobb
young
hankerson
brown

Since reading Mr. Rourke & others comments on Hankerson, I've re-evaluated him. He has a QB now, and not much competition for the WR2 slot on the Redskins. He's talented enought to develop into a #1. He does have problems with drops, but many very good WRs do.

Now I'd say:

hankerson
cobb
Young
brown

which I believ is Mr. Rourke's answer. My personal preference - I like him - is still Cobb.
Link please?

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Cobb
Young
Hankerson
Brown

Puchicas
Starter
Starter

Postby Puchicas » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 pm

For as long as I can remember, the general consensus here has been that Young is at the top of a list like this. What changed in the cases where Cobb is at the top?

Also, are you guys saying you would drop Young to pick up Hankerson in a league were Hankerson is available? Or who would you drop from my roster to do that? And why? Why is Hankerson's value increasing, because I've been following him for a while and I'm not sure why he's suddenly at the top of many leagues and generally above Titus Young.
Year 2 | 12-Team | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex(RB, WR or TE) | 1/2 PPR

QB TLawrence, KPickett, MRyan
RB McCaffrey, Dobbs, KWalker, Penny, Michel, Evans, JJackson
WR Chase, Samuel, Sutton, EMoore, Aiyuk, Mooney, Tolbert
TE Kittle, Jonnu, OJHoward, Trautman

'23 Picks: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Note: Empire league (Consecutive championships wins prize pool and league resets)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 am

Puchicas wrote:For as long as I can remember, the general consensus here has been that Young is at the top of a list like this. What changed in the cases where Cobb is at the top?

Also, are you guys saying you would drop Young to pick up Hankerson in a league were Hankerson is available? Or who would you drop from my roster to do that? And why? Why is Hankerson's value increasing, because I've been following him for a while and I'm not sure why he's suddenly at the top of many leagues and generally above Titus Young.
I have never had T.Young or Cobb above Hankerson, so I guess I'm not a part of the consensus. I would drop T.Young to pick up Hankerson.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:25 pm

sunnyd23 wrote:PPR, high performance scoring, NO return yardage

Titus Young
Randall Cobb
Hankerson
Vincent Brown
Young
Hankerson/Cobb

Brown

I take Hank if I want massive upside, as long as I acknowledge the bust potential. If I need a young WR who can step into a starting spot in a year (or two max) and I'm not willing to take as much risk, I'd go Cobb.

Brown is nowhere near the other three.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Puchicas
Starter
Starter

Postby Puchicas » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:56 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:
Puchicas wrote:For as long as I can remember, the general consensus here has been that Young is at the top of a list like this. What changed in the cases where Cobb is at the top?

I have never had T.Young or Cobb above Hankerson, so I guess I'm not a part of the consensus. I would drop T.Young to pick up Hankerson.
Can you tell me why?

I mean, in each case, you're taking a bet. But why not bet on the guy in the crazy passing attack on the opposite side of the best receiver in football? Can you really make a reliable prediction about Washington at this point? And I know it's about talent over situation, but I was under the impression that Young and Hankerson have comparable talent. Granted, I don't know anything about evaluating players.
Year 2 | 12-Team | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex(RB, WR or TE) | 1/2 PPR

QB TLawrence, KPickett, MRyan
RB McCaffrey, Dobbs, KWalker, Penny, Michel, Evans, JJackson
WR Chase, Samuel, Sutton, EMoore, Aiyuk, Mooney, Tolbert
TE Kittle, Jonnu, OJHoward, Trautman

'23 Picks: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Note: Empire league (Consecutive championships wins prize pool and league resets)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 am

Puchicas wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:

Can you tell me why?

I mean, in each case, you're taking a bet. But why not bet on the guy in the crazy passing attack on the opposite side of the best receiver in football? Can you really make a reliable prediction about Washington at this point? And I know it's about talent over situation, but I was under the impression that Young and Hankerson have comparable talent. Granted, I don't know anything about evaluating players.
If T.Young wins the job on the other side of Calvin, his production will be a roller coaster at best. Sure, he'll put up a couple huge games, but I'm betting he also puts up a lot of games that don't make him someone you would want in your lineup. T.Young will never be "the guy". T.Young also played against inferior talent in college to what Hankerson faced. T.Young has small hands and used his body to catch the ball a lot in college, which is not good in the NFL. L.Hankerson has huge hands and is obviously much bigger/stronger. T.Young has character concerns, which appear to still be an issue since he punched a teammate. Hankerson having Chris Carter as his high school position coach and working with Mark Duper in college doesn't hurt his stock either. There isn't a better WR on the Redskins roster in my opinion, so I don't see T.Young's being a more gifted WR or being in a better situation then Hankerson. T.Young's situation is worse then Hankerson's to me.