Trade Whore just orphaned his team. How bad is it?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Trade Whore just orphaned his team. How bad is it?

Postby Rustyram78 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Same setup as my team in SIG. Trade whore, and I use that as a term of endearment, lost in the championship last year. I have lost count of how many trades he has made, but I kept seeing his team go down. So on the board a few guys got on him and said heis team was terrible and he finally had no trades left. HE just called it quits, less than one year in taking over this team.... How bad is this team? And how long do you think it would take to turn it around? And to boot we roster 20, he has 14 and 2 late draft picks, so come week 1, he will still be short 4 players. And after our 2 drafts, we can't add anyone off waivers until after Week 1.....

Manning, Peyton
Sanchez, Mark
Young, Vince
Bradshaw, Ahmad
Mendenhall, Rashard
Thomas, Pierre
Amendola, Danny
Holmes, Santonio
Robinson, Laurent
Young, Titus
Pitta, Dennis
Winslow, Kellen
Gostkowski, Stephen
Seahawks, Seattle
Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11
Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.10

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade Whore just orphaned his team. How bad is it?

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Ew, that's rough. Most teams I fully believe you can have competing in a year or two, tops, without mortgaging the future.

But that one's gonna require a full strip-down. As in, send anything you can away for picks, and start with a young draft pick/waiver wire team.

Are you getting a year or two free buy-in, or is it a free league? I hope so haha.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Thu May 03, 2012 4:33 pm

that team was in the championship, i think you need to let whomever you get to take over that team fill it will ww, as soon as they take it. he doesnt even have good picks. letting them hit the ww and grabbing 4 guys wont hurt anyone and the team isnt going to be doing anything in the near future anyway

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Well it's through "quest". The fee is $90 a year, and since this team is so bad, and the guy already had paid, I wonder what they are going to do. Quest is a group I found 5 years ago that runs dynasty leagues and uses the MFL site, which is how I also found MFL. I bet they give a discount because I can't see anyone paying $90 for this team, even as a challenge!

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu May 03, 2012 4:59 pm

That roster is really bad, I'd suggest some type of an expansion draft instead of giving someone that roster, as the entry fee complicates things even more, you would need to waive it for the new owner for awhile
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Shawn wrote:That roster is really bad, I'd suggest some type of an expansion draft instead of giving someone that roster, as the entry fee complicates things even more, you would need to waive it for the new owner for awhile
I might suggest that to the ownership group.... great idea!

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Thu May 03, 2012 6:38 pm

What did he trade for? It almost seems as if the team was set up by a couple of the guys so they could pillage it. Brutal.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

klyepod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby klyepod » Thu May 03, 2012 7:33 pm

yah expansion draft for sure

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:13 pm

shivs wrote:What did he trade for? It almost seems as if the team was set up by a couple of the guys so they could pillage it. Brutal.
Nope... he traded with just about everybody! I think out of the 11 other teams, he did not trade with 1 or 2 of them. I couldn't get last seasons trades, which got pretty wild, but here's the last 4 from this season... His team was Nasty Boys-

Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Bradford, Sam STL QB;Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Crabtree, Michael SFO WR
•505 Demons gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11

Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Sproles, Darren NOS RB;Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
•Astro Zombies gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Robinson, Laurent JAC WR

Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;Little, Greg CLE WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.02
•Houston Hard Hitters gave up Crabtree, Michael SFO WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.10

Hays Thundercats gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB
•Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Redman, Isaac PIT RB;Collie, Austin IND WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.09

TheFFGhost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheFFGhost » Thu May 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Rustyram78 wrote:
shivs wrote:What did he trade for? It almost seems as if the team was set up by a couple of the guys so they could pillage it. Brutal.
Nope... he traded with just about everybody! I think out of the 11 other teams, he did not trade with 1 or 2 of them. I couldn't get last seasons trades, which got pretty wild, but here's the last 4 from this season... His team was Nasty Boys-

Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Bradford, Sam STL QB;Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Crabtree, Michael SFO WR
•505 Demons gave up Manning, Peyton DEN QB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11

Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Sproles, Darren NOS RB;Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
•Astro Zombies gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Robinson, Laurent JAC WR

Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;Little, Greg CLE WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.02
•Houston Hard Hitters gave up Crabtree, Michael SFO WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.10

Hays Thundercats gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB
•Nasty Boys QBD21 gave up Redman, Isaac PIT RB;Collie, Austin IND WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.09

Wow! Those are some really bad trades...I'd have to agree an expansion draft makes sense. Each team can protect one player from each position and each team can only be hit once. Rest of the roster is made up from the original roster. Makes most sense.

derekwillet
Captain
Captain

Postby derekwillet » Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 am

Wow, the trades are bad as a whole, but any of them could be argued as being acceptable individually (I think he lost them all, but I wouldn't really get angry if I saw any of them pop through in my league).
Follow me on twitter - @dereksdaycare

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri May 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Was that his master plan, to turn a team to crap and then walk away? If so, then mission accomplished. He should show up on a fantasy football red flag list so that he doesn't hop into any new leagues.

FF_Magz
Captain
Captain

Postby FF_Magz » Fri May 04, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm all seriousness if I were the commissioner and seen the first trade go down I would've just paid attention to any following trades.

Then when I seen the second trade go down I would have a conversation with him and by conversation I mean talk to him picking his brain a bit. After the third trade negatively impacting his team I would consider taking action. (I'm a three strike rule kind of guy, plus I really don't like getting involved in an owners strategy if he has one, hence the point of the conversation.)

Someone like that can seriously jeopardize the integrity of a league. Just think, the 11 other owners committed to the league and played right and they have to now lose a player because one dink was an idiot trading. However, he did trade with all other owners, so collusion shouldn't be an issue.

BTW How the hell was that team even in the Championship!?!?!? Peyton Manning/Danny Amendola didn't even play last year which means he rolled into the Championship with Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes and Kellen Winslow?!?! Shame on all of you for losing to this guy!!! Did anyone in the league set a lineup?
Team 1 (Victory Points) - 12 Team, PPR - Start 9 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-2TE, D/ST
QB: Jackson, Goff, Mac Jones,
RB: Montgomery, Gordon, Gallman, Mack, J. Patterson, K. Herbert, S. Perine, Juszczyk,;
WR: Hill, Jefferson, Metcalf, Renfrow, Tyrell Williams, K. Cole, D. Harris, Callaway , T. Patrick, F. Swain;
TE: Jonnu, Engram, Alie-Cox, Juwan Johnson;
2022: 1 (Mid), 1 (Late), 2, 4, 5
Championship: 2020

racer-x
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby racer-x » Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Another option besides an expansion draft, is to give him extra draft picks. At the end of the first round, in the middle, etc. Call it pick 1.13, or 1.6.5, you get the idea.

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Biap1206 wrote: BTW How the hell was that team even in the Championship!?!?!? Peyton Manning/Danny Amendola didn't even play last year which means he rolled into the Championship with Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes and Kellen Winslow?!?! Shame on all of you for losing to this guy!!! Did anyone in the league set a lineup?
He was in the championship because he traded away every single last player that was on his roster. I'll try to dig up his final roster that he lost with.... Every. Single. Player. traded from his championship losing team!

Did some digging.... Here's his championship loss roster

Vick, Michael
Lynch, Marshawn
Wells, Beanie
Bryant, Dez
Jackson, DeSean
Nelson, Jordy
Daniels, Owen
Gostkowski, Stephen
Titans, Tennessee

Non-Starters
Sanchez, Mark
Young, Vince
Mendenhall, Rashard
Redman, Isaac
Amendola, Danny
Bennett, Earl
Collie, Austin
Chandler, Scott
Clark, Dallas
Nugent, Mike
Seahawks, Seattle

I was wrong, ALMOST everyone is gone!
Last edited by Rustyram78 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.