The DLF RB Comparison

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Who would you rather own for the next 4 years?

CJ Spiller
10%
Adrian Peterson
39%
Mark Ingram
13%
Reggie Bush
1%
Jonathan Stewart
37%

Total votes: 70

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

The DLF RB Comparison

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Spiller, Peterson, Ingram, R Bush, Stewart- All of these RBs have been reasonably compared to each other over the last few weeks. Might as well put them in one poll/thread.

Who would you rather own for the next 4 years?

I'd probably rank them this way-
Jonathan Stewart
CJ Spiller
Mark Ingram
Adrian Peterson

(many, many, many players later)
Reggie Bush
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The DLF RB Comparison

Postby tstafford » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

I'd tend to agree with that. Ingram vs. Peterson is very close IMO, I might bump AP up one slot.

phorts
Role Player
Role Player

Postby phorts » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 pm

I have Peterson but only because of the specific time frame you put on this. If you said next year, i would have taken Stew. AP will probably come back slow and there's obviously no gaurantee on the level of his return, however, he's still fairly young and there are few RB's as dedicated and hardworking as him. In years 2-4 of this projected timeline, I'm taking All Day..... ALlllllll day.

Stewart has to compete with DA and Cam for Yds and TDs and i expect them to upgrade their WR corps as well. Talent alone, i'm going JStew, but unfortunately for him, fantasy is a situational game...and I much prefer AP's 4 year Outlook.

My next would be Ingram. Not the first year owners were hoping for but go back and see how many 1st RD RB's turned out to be studs in the first year. Actually, go back and see how many 1st rd (fantasy) RB's became studs at all. I beleive DLF did an article recently that showed that in the past 7 years (from 2004-2010), only 1 "stud" emerged. AP. Several others were producers but the majority were busts. Ingram is VERY young (21?) and needs some time to develop. I'm buying Ingram stock where i can... he'll be a fantastic RB2 w/ upside in the very near future...but still rather AP.

Spiller. Never been a huge fan. and with FJax likely coming back next year and for the forseeable future it will be a return to 2010 for Spiller. Again opportunity is king, but even with the opportunity i dont buy in fully to his skillset, at least not more than the backs above.

Last is Bush. These are all a lot closer than i'm making them seen. I'm not as down on Bush as the OP but i do see Daniel Thomas' role in that offense increasing and that just means Bush's decreases. I think he got a bad rap in NO and was largely misused. His injury history is well-marked but is only a small reason i'm demoting him to last here, i would just rather have the players above.

AP
JStew
Ingram
Spiller/Bush
12 Team Non-PPR w/ IDP - Salary Cap
QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/TE/K/2DL/2LB/2DB/Flex/3Taxi

QB: Luck, Manziel
RB: Charles, Forte, Spiller, Starks, Carey, McKinnon, White, LMurray
WR: DT, Torrey, Patterson, Hunter, Wright, Nicks, OBJ
TE: Graham, Rudolph
DL: Wake, Dunlap
LB: Mayo, Woodyard, Foster, S. Moore
DB: Burnett, SBrown

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Not really sure why this is even a topic. Adp is clearly the best pick in this bunch. The only question with him is when he gets 100%. It's not like he's ginned short arm passes. This whole thing is getting overblown. Draft adp with confidence next season. He is one of the hardest workers in the league, and will be back day1. Mark this thread and tell me I'm wrong in sept.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

OpenFieldAhead
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby OpenFieldAhead » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm

AP is a wash for the next year, but is still on top of that list for Dynasty purposes.

AP
Stewart
Ingram
Spiller
Bush
12 Team- PPR Dynasty, QB,2-3RB,3-4WR,1-2TE,K,DEF
QB: KCousins, CKaepernick
RB: DJohnson, DMurray, KDixon, DBooker, CThompson, JWilliams
WR: MEvans, SWatkins, KAllen, TMontgomery, WFuller, MLee, KWhite, JDoctson, CPatterson, DFunchess
TE: DWalker, CBrate, VDavis, ASJ
DEF: Carolina
2016 Picks: 1.09, 1.10, 2.09, 2.10, 3.09, 4.05, 4.09, 4.10

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 pm

If I were guaranteed that the only bad part of owning AP for the next 4 years is the ACL this year, and slowing down a bit as he gets to 30 by the end of the time frame, then he wins by a mile. But what we don't know is if this ACL thing is a sign of him running himself into the ground like Marion Barber. What if by 29 he is ineffective, slow, and injury-prone?
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 pm

tra151 wrote:Not really sure why this is even a topic. Adp is clearly the best pick in this bunch. The only question with him is when he gets 100%. It's not like he's ginned short arm passes. This whole thing is getting overblown. Draft adp with confidence next season. He is one of the hardest workers in the league, and will be back day1. Mark this thread and tell me I'm wrong in sept.
I'm praying that I'll be congratulating you for your foresight in September :wink:
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 pm

This is going to sound crazy.....but I put Reggie Bush...... If that man can get 350 touches.... he will be what he was supposed to be.....and he was basically supposed to be what Lesean McCoy is :lol:

Highest upside of the bunch.

Bush
Stewart
ADP
Spiller
Ingram
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

standard_variance wrote:This is going to sound crazy.....but I put Reggie Bush...... If that man can get 350 touches.... he will be what he was supposed to be.....and he was basically supposed to be what Lesean McCoy is :lol:
If I knew any one of the them would get 350 touches, that would be my guy all day long and I'd pay through the nose to get him. The only backs that got 350 touches this year were MJD and Ray Rice. (Heck F.Jax and Spiller together barely got that number!). The days of 350 touches are basically gone. I pine for them, but us old guys need to change with the times. And it's amazing, you can manage team on your phone these days :P .

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

tstafford wrote:
standard_variance wrote:This is going to sound crazy.....but I put Reggie Bush...... If that man can get 350 touches.... he will be what he was supposed to be.....and he was basically supposed to be what Lesean McCoy is :lol:
If I knew any one of the them would get 350 touches, that would be my guy all day long and I'd pay through the nose to get him. The only backs that got 350 touches this year were MJD and Ray Rice. (Heck F.Jax and Spiller together barely got that number!). The days of 350 touches are basically gone. I pine for them, but us old guys need to change with the times. And it's amazing, you can manage team on your phone these days :P .
Did you just call me old? :lol: Thats kind of funny. Im only 23 man! :shock:

Anyways.....ok fine fair enough. If Reggie Bush could muster 250-270 carries he would be an absolute beast. No doubt.
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Bush
Stewart
ADP
Spiller
Ingram[/quote]

wow bush has the most upside, i really dont think so, he has been in the league for what 5 yrs now and has 1 good season.

adp cant argue with stats
stewart/ingram both just need to get/earn a chance to carry the rock
spiller mabe after jackson starts to decline
bush after a new coach and system come in we will have to see, my money would be on not repeat last yrs stats

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 pm

standard_variance wrote:I put Reggie Bush...... If that man can get 350 touches.... he will be what he was supposed to be.....and he was basically supposed to be what Lesean McCoy is. If Reggie Bush could muster 250-270 carries he would be an absolute beast. No doubt.
If. If, if, if... Given his injury history, I don't expect that. Id rather gamble Gronk repeats his 2011 than Bush.

Interesting things from the poll so far-
-both Spiller and Ingram have 7 votes. Possible trade options there?
-Peterson and Stewart close in votes, 21-17. Time share vs injury. As a Peterson owner, wonder whether the Stew owner would bite.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:42 pm

??Droppedballs?? wrote:

Bush
Stewart
ADP
Spiller
Ingram
wow bush has the most upside, i really dont think so, he has been in the league for what 5 yrs now and has 1 good season.
[/quote]

So you think this season was a fluke because of his previous use while he was a Saint. So you are gauging his potential and upside off of his situation - the situation in which he was not really used as a RB. Bush is by far the 2nd most complete and talented RB on this list next to ADP. If you watched him last year in the post season and at all this season you would know how scary he could be when actually coached and used to run in between the tackles. He has elite vision, great speed, decent power, amazing hands....The only reason he was not a successful RB previously was because he was not used as, or groomed as one....he was groomed as a playmaker and even then he was elite at it with limited opportunities. So I know its a bit far fetch'd to put him above ADP but he has the elite abilities...they just havent been showcased really until recently. I expect to see more from Bush.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 am

going to have to believe u are in the minority by a large margin but i guess it is possible that u are right

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:44 am

??Droppedballs?? wrote:going to have to believe u are in the minority by a large margin but i guess it is possible that u are right
I like it more when I'm in the minority if you haven't noticed that already lol. When bush came out of college he was being compared to LT. The doubt here doesn't lie in Bushs abilities - right? We all know bush has elite skills....or has that changed somehow?...I'm not sure many are going to argue against his abilities. I think what's holding people back is his situation and the uncertainty of it more than anything. But in my opinion his situation is better than Ingrams and stewarts....and just as good as Buffalos. As long as bush is healthy he will be better than at least 3 of these players over the next 4 years because he is easily a better talent in a better situation than 3 of the remaining 4 in my opinion. It's a stretch I know but I like taking my shots downfield lol