What to do with 1.03?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Bay City Original
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

What to do with 1.03?

Postby Bay City Original » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 am

Curious about what people suggest. In two leagues I have the 1.03 pick. Assuming TRich and Blackmon got 1/2, I think the next obvious value pick is Luck. My dilemma is that my QBs on those teams are Stafford and Cam!

Thoughts?
A) Trade the pick?
B) Trade Cam or Stafford and pick Luck?
C) Pick Luck and let him develop until I can trade one of the two QBs for better value
D) Pick next best non-QB player

Thanks!
Team 1 -12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QRRWWWTF 2022 Champ
QB: Allen, Love
RB: Mixon, AJones,,Swift, Dillon, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, DJM, Sutton,
TE: Hockenson
2.02, 2.05

Team 2 -12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QRRWWWTF - 2023 Champ
QB: Murray, Love
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Kyren, Walker, Dobbins, KMitchell, EMitchell
WR: DSmith, Addison, Kupp DJM, Nabers, Dionte, Wicks
TE: Engram, Mayer, Waller

Team 3-12 Team, SF, 0.5 PPR, QRRWWWTFS - 2023 Champ
QB: Purdy, Dak Daniels, Stafford
RB: Taylor, Henry, Najee, Warren, ZMoss EMitchell
WR: Olave, Samuel, DJM,Sutton
TE: Kittle, Bowers, Ertz
2025 1st, 2nd x3

farmerj3
Captain
Captain

Re: What to do with 1.03?

Postby farmerj3 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:52 am

East Bay Rounder wrote:Curious about what people suggest. In two leagues I have the 1.03 pick. Assuming TRich and Blackmon got 1/2, I think the next obvious value pick is Luck. My dilemma is that my QBs on those teams are Stafford and Cam!

Thoughts?
A) Trade the pick?
B) Trade Cam or Stafford and pick Luck?
C) Pick Luck and let him develop until I can trade one of the two QBs for better value
D) Pick next best non-QB player

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat....it's hard to take a qb at 1.3....

For u though....you're insane if you trade staff or cam then pick luck...take miller,Blackmon, or wilson

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:53 am

If its a standard 12 team or smaller start 1 QB league then either trade the pick or take the best available non QB. You'll get more by trading the pick predraft then you will by trading Luck later on.

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:57 am

MARKinMI wrote: You'll get more by trading the pick predraft then you will by trading Luck later on.
:wtf: Ummm, do you know how much Cam went for mid and after this season as opposed to what his pick was worth last year early on? I disagree. If Luck is the stud 99% of scouts project him to be, he'll be worth MORE after a few games and he shows it.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 am

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this. I think there is a fairly big value drop from the 1.01 to the 1.02 and a similar (but smaller) drop from the 1.02 to the 1.03. I know if I was sitting on the 1.03 I'd be slightly bummed about it right now.

I'm also surprised there is still so much enthusiasm around Luck. Look I know this is dynasty, for the long haul, etc. But I'd be pretty unhappy taking him at 1.03 if he is sitting behind Manning for several years. And I think that is a real possibility. In my contract league, I could easily see him falling out of the first round. But contract leagues are different than "normal" dynasty. I have a team on which I have five firsts. If given the chance, I'll probably draft Luck. But I'm not totally sure even there.

If I owned the 1.03, I'd be holding to see what happens in the draft. There is going to be a great player that emerges to get excited about. We just don't yet know exactly who that is. If Floyd goes to the right situation, I can see him vaulting up people's boards. He is extremely gifted - grades out better than anyone in last year's WR class other than the obvious two. For some reason he is getting very little attention. Then you have the mix of RBs each with strengths and weaknesses. We need to see some combine work, etc. For now, the 1.03 is a hold IMO.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Buckhill Bombers wrote:
MARKinMI wrote: You'll get more by trading the pick predraft then you will by trading Luck later on.
:wtf: Ummm, do you know how much Cam went for mid and after this season as opposed to what his pick was worth last year early on? I disagree. If Luck is the stud 99% of scouts project him to be, he'll be worth MORE after a few games and he shows it.
:lol: UMMMM... how many times has a rookie QB had that kind of tradeable value in his rookie year? I wouldn't bank on that happening again. Couple that with the bulk of Cams value as a rookie wasn't so much from his passing but his rushing yards and Tds i think your comparing apples and oranges. Tell me what rookie drop back QB had high trade value as a rookie?????????????????? Rushing QBs score alot of fantasy points that give them inflated fantasy value..... TIM TEBOW anyone? To honestly think you can draft Luck at 1.03 and trade him for a month later for even more than you would have gotten for the 1.03 is pretty optimistic. Luck is supposed to be the best pure POCKET QB prospect since Elway and Manning. Look What Elway and Manning did their first years. Not exactly the stuff fantasy owners dream paying alot for in a standard start 1 QB league where QBs dont carry as much value as other players from a supply and demand point. i sure hope guys in my rookie drafts take qbs early so the real talent in this draft (the RBs) falls.