Rams name Fisher HC

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Rams name Fisher HC

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Rams named Jeff Fisher as head coach.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Fisher selected St. Louis over Miami due to the "structure" the Rams offered. They have a potential franchise QB in Sam Bradford, the No. 2 pick in the draft, and will allow Fisher have say in St. Louis' GM search. The Rams are expected to make Fisher one of the NFL's highest paid coaches. After the Oilers/Titans' move to Nashville, Fisher had the NFL's fifth highest win percentage from 1998-2008 before a falling out with management. In St. Louis, Fisher will be able to essentially handpick his front office.
Rotoworld

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rams name Fisher HC

Postby melish1631 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Interesting....the #2 pick and I believe well below the cap this off season! Hard to believe that Miami gets dissed on a lot of coaching and player acquisitions :thumbdown:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:35 pm

melish1631 wrote:Interesting....the #2 pick and I believe well below the cap this off season! Hard to believe that Miami gets dissed on a lot of coaching and player acquisitions :thumbdown:
It is strange, I bet Lebron and the boys had a south beach party all setup for Jeff Fisher this weekend. :D Ultimately it looks like Fisher has more power in STL and likes ownership better.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Update: the answer may be here regarding Fisher's decision :thumbup:

Report: Ireland’s role ultimately sent Fisher to St. Louis
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 13, 2012, 4:30 PM EST

APDolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland wasn’t a particularly popular figure in Miami heading into this offseason. The events of the last few weeks won’t change things.

The Dolphins went hard after Jeff Fisher, but they ultimately couldn’t close the deal because of Ireland’s presence.

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports writes that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wouldn’t budge on Ireland’s control over the 53-man roster.

“This was Miami’s game to lose, and Ross decided he wanted his current G.M. to retain his current level of power. So the Rams got their man,” Silver said. “Fisher was willing to meet halfway on personnel control, but Ross wouldn’t budge. He’s an Ireland man.”

Perhaps this is Fisher’s view of things and the Dolphins would disagree. Right or wrong, the Dolphins are going to be Ireland men for a little while. It’s time for Ireland to deliver the next Don Shula to coach those Ireland men.

So who might that coach be?

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that there is no favorite for the job now. The Dolphins are expected to expand their search after already interviewing interim head coach Todd Bowles, Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Bears special teams coach Dave Toub.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince