Easy reject or am I too high on DJ?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Easy reject or am I too high on DJ?

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed May 22, 2024 7:42 am

Trade partner is thin @ RB and put Daniel Jones OTB. We’ve discussed a RB/WR trade but haven’t been able to come to an agreement in recent weeks

This morning I offered Jacobs/J.Baker/‘25 2nd for DK/Jones/ 3rd

He countered with:

I give: Jacobs + Diontae + ‘25 2nd
I get: Metcalf + Jones + ‘25 3rd

I’m not super interested in Jones tbh but figured I’d take a stab at a cheap QB4 with some upside

I’m higher than consensus on Diontae, so this is a fairly easy decline for me. Anyone feel strongly otherwise?

My team:
Start: QB, 2EB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLX, 1SF
QB: Kyler, Dak, Cousins
RB: Gibbs, Saquon, Jacobs, Swift, Mostert, Zamir, Warren
WR: Chase, Waddle, Diontae, Keenan, Meyers, Shaheed, Baker
TE: Njoku

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Easy reject or am I too high on DJ?

Postby tstafford » Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

I'm passing as well. I don't see a big difference b/w Diontae and Metcalf for '24. I'd prefer Metcalf but not by enough to warrant the rest of that.

Menace2010
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Menace2010 » Wed May 22, 2024 8:35 am

Yuck. Daniel Jones is worth a flyer. This price is not the price of a flyer. Easy pass.

blueeyedbanditt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby blueeyedbanditt » Wed May 22, 2024 8:52 am

I'm passing on this as well.
10 Team, PPR, 27 roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Love
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Kyren Williams, Devon Achane, Derrick Henry, Jaylen Warren
WR: CeeDee Lamb, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Drake London, Tee Higgins, Hollywood Brown, Ricky Pearsall
TE: George Kittle, Brock Bowers, Pat Freiermuth

Picks:
2025: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th
2026: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed May 22, 2024 9:23 am

Thanks all, I thought so

When he sent back the counter he said "this is where I'm at, in your favor too"
I was like hmm...don't think so

I'd rather have DK than Jacobs for sure, and DJ is a nice flier, but I don't think I should need to bridge that gap with Diontae and a pick swap not in my favor

Black Adam
Captain
Captain

Postby Black Adam » Wed May 22, 2024 9:48 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:42 am He countered with:

:sick:
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🏆
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🏆

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed May 22, 2024 9:51 am

Black Adam wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:48 am

Glad I'm not crazy. He's still on the line and wants to find middle ground.

Would y'all even pay to move from Jacobs to DK?
Their ADPs are practically back to back (DK @ 57 | Jacobs @ 60)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 22, 2024 11:25 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:51 am

Yes, DK > Jacobs. You can throw adp out the window.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed May 22, 2024 8:36 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:42 am Trade partner is thin @ RB and put Daniel Jones OTB. We’ve discussed a RB/WR trade but haven’t been able to come to an agreement in recent weeks

He countered with:

I’m not super interested in Jones tbh but figured I’d take a stab at a cheap QB4 with some upside

I’m higher than consensus on Diontae, so this is a fairly easy decline for me. Anyone feel strongly otherwise?

My team:
I must be missing something here, as I think the offer is fair if you want DJ cheap.
I mean Metcalf is worth more than Diontae + 25 2nd, and Jacobs is a RB well onto the back 9 of his career.

Granted, DJ may only be a starting QB for 2024, and no longer, but Jacobs runs the same risk.

When drafting, I basically bake in 6 years of service from a RB, and 9 years of service from a WR, hopefully 15 years of service from a QB.
Well Jacobs has 5 of those 6 years in the rear view mirror right now, and if I owned him, I'd be looking to move him this season.
I wouldn't do it now, because like DJ, Jacobs value is currently down as they both had a poor 2023 seasons.

But I'm not looking to hold Jacobs much longer, but that is the way I roll with RB's.
I traded away Dalvin Cook prior to 2022 season for AJ Brown.

There is a non-zero chance that with a WR like Nabers, DJ could come back to life.

I mean if you don't want DJ, that is fair, you have decent depth at QB.

I just don't understand how an aging RB could be seen as ridiculous overpay for a 26 year old starting QB + 25 3rd in SF leagues, while also winning the other half of the deal, since Metcalf > Diontae + 25 2nd.
DJ was QB9 overall in 2022.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 22, 2024 9:53 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:36 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:42 am Trade partner is thin @ RB and put Daniel Jones OTB. We’ve discussed a RB/WR trade but haven’t been able to come to an agreement in recent weeks

He countered with:

My team:
I must be missing something here, as I think the offer is fair if you want DJ cheap.
I mean Metcalf is worth more than Diontae + 25 2nd, and Jacobs is a RB well onto the back 9 of his career.

Granted, DJ may only be a starting QB for 2024, and no longer, but Jacobs runs the same risk.

When drafting, I basically bake in 6 years of service from a RB, and 9 years of service from a WR, hopefully 15 years of service from a QB.
Well Jacobs has 5 of those 6 years in the rear view mirror right now, and if I owned him, I'd be looking to move him this season.
I wouldn't do it now, because like DJ, Jacobs value is currently down as they both had a poor 2023 seasons.

But I'm not looking to hold Jacobs much longer, but that is the way I roll with RB's.

There is a non-zero chance that with a WR like Nabers, DJ could come back to life.

I just don't understand how an aging RB could be seen as ridiculous overpay for a 26 year old starting QB + 25 3rd in SF leagues, while also winning the other half of the deal, since Metcalf > Diontae + 25 2nd.
I agree 100%. KTC has this 11,120 to 10576 in your favor. You could try to remove the picks but honestly a 2nd for a 3rd (assuming they are about the same place in the round) isn't that much. Jacobs is a guy I'm kind of trying to move. I'd do the deal, but that's me. You can lose the Jacobs depth.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Black Adam
Captain
Captain

Postby Black Adam » Thu May 23, 2024 1:41 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:25 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:51 am

Yes, DK > Jacobs. You can throw adp out the window.
Eh. Positional scarcity of startable RBs means I'm holding at that point.

I also wouldn't trade for Daniel Jones when I feel like his value is a WW bid at best, but I never liked him.
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🏆
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🏆

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:19 am

Easy pass here. You give up the better draft pick, the better or equal wr. So then it comes down to you giving up a rb 1 for a questionable qb, who will be qb 4 on your roster. Not a chance. Pass.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, , J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, M Evans, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson,
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu May 23, 2024 6:30 am

I just don't understand how an aging RB could be seen as ridiculous overpay for a 26 year old starting QB + 25 3rd in SF leagues while also winning the other half of the deal, since Metcalf > Diontae + 25 2nd.
It's a ridiculous overpay because of how they're priced. Whether you look at ADP or trade value, Jacobs valuation is much higher than Jones. If I went to the grocery store and they were charging $20 for a dozen eggs, I wouldn't say "fine I'll pay that, I got 30% off on the milk." Same with this deal, if Jones (who I don't need) is spiking the cost of the foundation of the deal - Metcalf/Jacobs - I'll simply look elsewhere for QB depth, rather than pay above market for a guy who most of us don't have much confidence in as an asset beyond this year.

Again, the foundation of the trade is Jacobs for Metcalf. Not only because they're back to back in ADP, but because of the teams' respective deficiencies (I'm thin @ WR, he's thin @ RB...and fwiw, he's thinner at RB than I am at WR). The most I would probably pay to make that swap is the 2nd/3rd swap in his favor. Gun to my head, maybe I take out the 3rd.

Also, the added context here is that my trade partner put Jones on the block on Tuesday and said "best offer in 24 hours gets him." I sent my initial offer on Wednesday. I threw in Jones and some ancillary pieces in case he didn't have much of a market (based on the fact that he hadn't traded him yet, I figured that was the case) and was really motivated to move him. I looked at ADP to construct my original offer:

Jacobs/Metcalf - 5.08/5.10
Jones/Baker - 12.12/15.10
2nd/3rd swap to balance it out

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:30 am

I just don't understand how an aging RB could be seen as ridiculous overpay for a 26 year old starting QB + 25 3rd in SF leagues while also winning the other half of the deal, since Metcalf > Diontae + 25 2nd.
It's a ridiculous overpay because of how they're priced. Whether you look at ADP or trade value, Jacobs valuation is much higher than Jones. If I went to the grocery store and they were charging $20 for a dozen eggs, I wouldn't say "fine I'll pay that, I got 30% off on the milk." Same with this deal, if Jones (who I don't need) is spiking the cost of the foundation of the deal - Metcalf/Jacobs - I'll simply look elsewhere for QB depth, rather than pay above market for a guy who most of us don't have much confidence in as an asset beyond this year.

Again, the foundation of the trade is Jacobs for Metcalf. Not only because they're back to back in ADP, but because of the teams' respective deficiencies (I'm thin @ WR, he's thin @ RB...and fwiw, he's thinner at RB than I am at WR). The most I would probably pay to make that swap is the 2nd/3rd swap in his favor. Gun to my head, maybe I take out the 3rd.

Also, the added context here is that my trade partner put Jones on the block on Tuesday and said "best offer in 24 hours gets him." I sent my initial offer on Wednesday. I threw in Jones and some ancillary pieces in case he didn't have much of a market (based on the fact that he hadn't traded him yet, I figured that was the case) and was really motivated to move him. I looked at ADP to construct my original offer:

That's all you need to say, you don't need another QB.
No need even to start this thread.
Normally I don't ask for help in going after players that don't interest me.

Basically, to wrap up, you were interested in DJ if the other manager was going to just give you DJ.
Looks like he balked, and wanted fair value for DJ, at which point you decided that you didn't want DJ at market price.
Deals like this fall through thousands of times a day. Move on.

I'm not sure how Baker came into this conversation, as my remarks were about your original deal, with Diontae, no Baker.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu May 23, 2024 3:26 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:30 am

That's all you need to say, you don't need another QB.
No need even to start this thread.
Normally I don't ask for help in going after players that don't interest me.

Basically, to wrap up, you were interested in DJ if the other manager was going to just give you DJ.
Looks like he balked, and wanted fair value for DJ, at which point you decided that you didn't want DJ at market price.
Deals like this fall through thousands of times a day. Move on.

I'm not sure how Baker came into this conversation, as my remarks were about your original deal, with Diontae, no Baker.
Sorry for any confusion in the title - the question was whether I was too high on Diontae Johnson, not Daniel Jones. Poor phrasing by calling him DJ in this particular instance lol. I was reluctant on his counter and wanted to ask others’ opinions on the deal that was sent back.

My original deal involved Baker, not Diontae

The deal is still alive. He’s thinking it over (has been for a while). I’ve removed the 3rd. Current deal on the table is: Jacobs/J.Baker/2nd for DK/Jones