Adonai AD Mitchell Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Adonai AD Mitchell Official Thread

Postby Lumps » Mon May 06, 2024 7:17 am

I am starting up the thread and hype train. I don't want to go into deep explanation over all the things that are within the videos below, but I'll kind of gloss over them with bullets:

1. Extremely strong hands. 1 drop last year.
2. 7th highest ADoT in all of college - Kollman goes over this while comping him to Lamb, Texas didn't give him lots of hitches/slants (easy stuff)
3. Extremely fluid athlete
4. 9.97 RAS
5. VERY nuanced route runner - shows he knows what he is doing and he has a plan. Does not run a route as it's drawn. Artist.
6. If you watch his targets, you realize just how bad Ewers is. Even with his massive ADoT lots of yards left on the field due to terrible balls.
7. "If you want to see a receiver doing NFL things, you look at AD Mitchell at Texas." - Matt Harmon
8. 4.35 40. Which is just 0.01 behind BTJ who people are salivating over. BTJ had Daniels. AD had Ewers.
9. "I see a top level route runner. I see some holy bleep in his route running." Colts OC

I think he is already very good. However, I think his ceiling is much more massive than people realize. The biggest variable here for me is ARich's progression. Though, ARich has a cannon and Mitchell has 4.35 speed.

Chris Ballard going off in support of AD: https://youtu.be/YkDJRj3faFQ?si=uoxC8O8PO0ipaUKP
Matt Harmon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cE8ZaM ... MattHarmon
Brett Kollman: https://youtu.be/I9PPe1KiHw4?si=JUkXKHy1eZmrKjBr
Steve Smith Sr: https://youtu.be/tqI-4x2o-Xs?si=ngk9r3WGF47vMrnp
Here is the draft night+ more when they were picking him: https://youtu.be/NrTnylt-7jk?si=dQU-u8fH7xLavHPu&t=793
Last edited by Lumps on Mon May 06, 2024 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adonai AD Mitchell Official Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 06, 2024 7:36 am

Love the prospect. A few red flags, but he's still high on my board. Watching the film, I thought he was worlds ahead of Worthy. Worthy got a ton of the easy stuff while Mitchell had to win downfield. Ewers is awful and definitely did not help lead him down the field either.

Think it was the Underdog guys but they were joking about how Mitchell is never going to be underthrown again as AR tends to overthrow guys :lol:

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Mon May 06, 2024 7:38 am

I participate in a draft that is before the NFL draft and I had Mitchell ranked as my number five wide receiver. I took him at the 12th overall pick in a super flex. I am worried about Anthony Richardson. Mitchell’s ceiling is sky high though….

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon May 06, 2024 7:47 am

Imagine in a different timeline where the Bills got AD. Or the Chiefs.

There was also someone who mentioned (Kollman?) about the "personality issues" or whatever that Ballard was going off about. He has type 1 diabetes. Apparently, people with this don't feel normal until somewhere prior to noon. When are combine interviews? In the morning. Just something to consider if that was holding you back.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon May 06, 2024 7:58 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:36 am Love the prospect. A few red flags, but he's still high on my board. Watching the film, I thought he was worlds ahead of Worthy. Worthy got a ton of the easy stuff while Mitchell had to win downfield. Ewers is awful and definitely did not help lead him down the field either.

Think it was the Underdog guys but they were joking about how Mitchell is never going to be underthrown again as AR tends to overthrow guys :lol:
+1

Really like the talent/skill/ability package and think it will translate very well to the next level. The way he adjusts and repositions just before the ball arrives is outstanding.

The reason I dropped him down my list is the QB situation he’s tied to. Richardson is not a good throwing talent to begin with, he’s already suffered two independent injuries that truncated his rookie season severely, and now both he and his coaching staff are saying he won’t change his playing style. So for the foreseeable future Mitchell has either got a less competent arm, albeit one that can throw a ball through a brick wall, that places himself in situations ripe for injury at any time or a backup. I can see some very large deviations in his production where he’ll have a massive week when he gets some long strikes and TDs followed by troughs afterward.

Something else to consider given Richardson’s play is whether he’ll put his own players more at risk with throws that his receivers will have to expose themselves trying to catch.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 am

I don’t like the top offenses passing on him. I think if the Bills view Coleman who needs refining as a better prospect, then AD must have red flags.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon May 06, 2024 8:15 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 am I don’t like the top offenses passing on him. I think if the Bills view Coleman who needs refining as a better prospect, then AD must have red flags.
The diabetes condition and his failure to manage it properly in the past, with the resulting symptoms negatively affecting his behavior, could have moved him down some teams’ draft boards. Seems like a very simple thing to resolve, but totally on him to grow up and deal with it properly.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:15 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 am I don’t like the top offenses passing on him. I think if the Bills view Coleman who needs refining as a better prospect, then AD must have red flags.
The diabetes condition and his failure to manage it properly in the past, with the resulting symptoms negatively affecting his behavior, could have moved him down some teams’ draft boards. Seems like a very simple thing to resolve, but totally on him to grow up and deal with it properly.
BB I'm sure this is it. unnecessary risk
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm

Love his tape. Hate his statistics/analytics. It'll be interesting to see which wins out.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:05 pm

Was a better prospect pre-draft, IMO, as I am not a fan of the landing spot.
Though that did allow me to get him at 2.06 in 12 team SF league, just have to temper expectations now that he didn't get a great landing spot.
Still has elite upside, IMO, which is why I took him over Pearsall and Legette

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 06, 2024 4:29 pm

This was how I felt after the draft too. Apart from the fact that Coleman appears to be about as good a vibe as possible, and AD's interviews have sounded pretty terrible... (I'm thinking of the "I'm never running my routes full speed" one in particular)

On the good side though - I know some in the fantasy community are excited for known knucklehead Jermaine Burton to be getting mentored by TJ Houshmandzadeh on how to be a good pro...

In a similar fashion, there's not really many better you could hope for AD to get coached up by than the legend, current WR's Coach Reggie Wayne. If he gets his s--t together... he will most definitely have a chance.
Passive Aggressive signatures, huh. :thumbup:

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Tue May 07, 2024 2:51 am

Top offenses make mistakes all the time. Chiefs: CEH over JT and others. Also took him in the first round. Skyy Moore (Trey McBride was very next pick). Kadarius Toney and burning draft capital on fire for him.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue May 07, 2024 4:45 am

natjjohn wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:51 am
Top offenses make mistakes all the time. Chiefs: CEH over JT and others. Also took him in the first round. Skyy Moore (Trey McBride was very next pick). Kadarius Toney and burning draft capital on fire for him.
Not saying all the picks work out. Just saying they’re all passing on HIM.

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SN9-7Titans » Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am

He has 3 main reasons why I avoid him:

1. His yprr is bleep. And like 90% who has the same yprr ended up being busts or unproductive in fantasy

2. He's a body catcher which in the NFL is a red flag considering the player removes his arm length completely when catching any ball. It becomes irrelevant, and if a DB gets his hand in there, it's easier to defend than someone like Hopkins

3. His situation. Pittman is #1 and then there isn't much left outside of him. AR is the average RB who throws 30 times a game, 10 of those go to Pittman, the rest are split. You are basically hoping he gets 100+ yards and a TD of 3-4 targets, which Alec pierce could not.
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue May 07, 2024 7:00 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am He has 3 main reasons why I avoid him:

1. His yprr is bleep. And like 90% who has the same yprr ended up being busts or unproductive in fantasy

2. He's a body catcher which in the NFL is a red flag considering the player removes his arm length completely when catching any ball. It becomes irrelevant, and if a DB gets his hand in there, it's easier to defend than someone like Hopkins

3. His situation. Pittman is #1 and then there isn't much left outside of him. AR is the average RB who throws 30 times a game, 10 of those go to Pittman, the rest are split. You are basically hoping he gets 100+ yards and a TD of 3-4 targets, which Alec pierce could not.
Lot of ppl like Downs here still