Malik Nabers Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Malik Nabers Official Thread

Postby Shcritters » Sat May 04, 2024 9:09 am

Might as well start this one off also…

How much does the NYG landing spot drop his value/production? There are some who have Nabers above MHJr from a skill perspective (not throwing stones, just stating people’s beliefs)… fill us in on the ‘why?’.

I would still take him 1.03/1.04 this draft (hoping he falls to 1.05 in one of the ones I have that pick)… as I think he will be very good for a long time despite the landing spot.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Malik Nabers Official Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 04, 2024 9:21 am

He'll get peppered with targets. That depth chart is devoid of talent. AZ is a better spot though. I actually think Nabers fits a scrambler like Kyler a bit better, but that's besides the point.

He's the best WR in this class IMO, and that's saying something, because MHJ is fantastic.

Nabers is the more explosive player, and has more to offer on all 3 levels of the field IMO. He is vastly superior with the ball in his hands. His game is built so well for the modern NFL.

I do have more concerns about his personality than MHJ, but as long as he doesn't do really dumb stuff off the field, or go AB on his team, he can be a bit strange, I couldn't care less.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat May 04, 2024 9:26 am

Nabers for president! He’s my guy but I’m afraid since I’m not in the top two of any draft, I will be not getting him.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:21 am He'll get peppered with targets. That depth chart is devoid of talent. AZ is a better spot though. I actually think Nabers fits a scrambler like Kyler a bit better, but that's besides the point.

He's the best WR in this class IMO, and that's saying something, because MHJ is fantastic.

Nabers is the more explosive player, and has more to offer on all 3 levels of the field IMO. He is vastly superior with the ball in his hands. His game is built so well for the modern NFL.

I do have more concerns about his personality than MHJ, but as long as he doesn't do really dumb stuff off the field, or go AB on his team, he can be a bit strange, I couldn't care less.
Agreed on all accounts.

He was my number 1 WR all along the process. Loved that he was also a year younger than MHJ.

But leading up to the draft I saw some knucklehead type issues he was posting on social media. Hopefully it doesn’t become something. Even if he turns out to be a diva, he can be a diva that scores me fantasy points.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am

DJB wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:21 am He'll get peppered with targets. That depth chart is devoid of talent. AZ is a better spot though. I actually think Nabers fits a scrambler like Kyler a bit better, but that's besides the point.

Agreed on all accounts.

He was my number 1 WR all along the process. Loved that he was also a year younger than MHJ.

But leading up to the draft I saw some knucklehead type issues he was posting on social media. Hopefully it doesn’t become something. Even if he turns out to be a diva, he can be a diva that scores me fantasy points.
Forgot to mention this in this thread. Thanks for adding it, as I felt the same way.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 04, 2024 11:18 am

DJB wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am

Agreed on all accounts.

Saw some of the same things. Hoping the NY landing spot doesn't blow up in his face

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat May 04, 2024 11:26 am

Landing spot doesn't matter for the elite of the elite. Plus odds were he was going to NYG. Doesn't change a thing for me. He's my WR2 and I want him with the 1.04 in SF.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat May 04, 2024 1:37 pm

Going to the Giants is a great landing spot.

He will most likely lead all rookies by a wide margin in targets. He is outstanding at all 3 levels and the Giants don't have many legit options.

The best DB's in the league will have their hands full with such an explosive player. His ability to separate is elite.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat May 04, 2024 3:14 pm

Ice wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:37 pm Going to the Giants is a great landing spot.

He will most likely lead all rookies by a wide margin in targets. He is outstanding at all 3 levels and the Giants don't have many legit options.

The best DB's in the league will have their hands full with such an explosive player. His ability to separate is elite.
This is how I feel. OBJ part deux
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke

Picks

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun May 05, 2024 1:54 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:26 am Landing spot doesn't matter for the elite of the elite. Plus odds were he was going to NYG. Doesn't change a thing for me. He's my WR2 and I want him with the 1.04 in SF.
Actually, there was a good chance he was landing in LAC - that's why there's a perception of a "worse" landing spot now.

But I'm with the crowd here - Daboll knows how to scheme up an elite WR. He got the best years out of Diggs in Buffalo. He'll have a plan for Nabors.
Triggered much? :thumbup:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon May 06, 2024 5:28 am

Shcritters wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:09 amHow much does the NYG landing spot drop his value/production?
Landing with the Giants has no negative impact on my personal value for Nabers. I have him in a tie for WR1 and would be just as happy with either. I'm still taking one of the QBs over either for an in-the-vacuum SF roster, but I could see taking a WR at 1.01 if my SF roster had two QB1s and a third QB who was a legit high-end QB2.

I doubt I'll have any shares of Nabers but I'd jump at the chance to acquire him if the opportunity arose.

Even "bad" QBs in the NFL throw for 3200 yards. Someone in NY is going to catch those balls and Waller can only catch so many. Last years QB situation in NY was about as bad as it gets, yet the Giants still had 3351 passing yards. Nabers is going to collect a lot of those yards this season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon May 06, 2024 6:02 am

Waller is apparently retiring according to reports. Giants just waiting for him to tell them.

Hyatt, slayton, Robinson and bellinger are his competition for targets.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:02 am Waller is apparently retiring according to reports. Giants just waiting for him to tell them.

Waller isn't the most emotionally stable player. Nice guy, but gets deep in his thoughts/feelings. He's going through a divorce right now, that probably has him deep in some existential thoughts at the moment.

I think that when the time comes where missing days results in cash fines, Waller will realize he only has a couple of high-earner years left in his life and he'll rediscover his passion for earning a professional football paycheck.

tldr - if Waller retires, I'll eat my 2023 fantasy championship trophy.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:02 am Waller is apparently retiring according to reports. Giants just waiting for him to tell them.

Waller isn't the most emotionally stable player. Nice guy, but gets deep in his thoughts/feelings. He's going through a divorce right now, that probably has him deep in some existential thoughts at the moment.

I think that when the time comes where missing days results in cash fines, Waller will realize he only has a couple of high-earner years left in his life and he'll rediscover his passion for earning a professional football paycheck.

filled with Ants of course
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon May 06, 2024 7:46 am

TheTroll wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:18 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 am

filled with Ants of course
Sprinkled with cinnamon !
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser