Why is it such a pain in the a** to trade with people?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
81-
Captain
Captain

Re: Why is it such a pain in the a** to trade with people?

Postby 81- » Thu May 02, 2024 6:05 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm I hear you. The guys in my leagues—

1. The Fair Guy—easy to deal with, nice, trades are always fair, we both win/lose.
2. The Card Shark—no matter what trade we do, he always seems to win.
3. The Oblivious One—doesn't pay attention, no idea on value, hates calculators, overdrafts, homer, high risk/reward.
4. The Bad Trade Guy—offers nothing but bad trades, way off, really bad. Impossible to trade with.
5. The Hobbyist Sucker—you can trade with this guy, always shoots himself in the foot, if you can get to him first.
6. The Overpay—the only way he'll trade is if you REALLY overpay him. He'll do it, but it'll cost.
I'm a 1,2&5

I try to be a two selling fringe/expiring players early and if in contention I'll over pay a little to fill a hole.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:28 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:37 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:11 pm

Which one are you?
#1 of course, the fair guy.
Nah , you're solidly a #3 solely based on the "homer" factor alone. Probably could get (4) 1'sts & a cpl of 2nds for Caleb about now :surprised:
3 1sts max.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm I hear you. The guys in my leagues—

1. The Fair Guy—easy to deal with, nice, trades are always fair, we both win/lose.
3. The Oblivious One—doesn't pay attention, no idea on value, hates calculators, overdrafts, homer, high risk/reward.
4. The Bad Trade Guy—offers nothing but bad trades, way off, really bad. Impossible to trade with.
5. The Hobbyist Sucker—you can trade with this guy, always shoots himself in the foot, if you can get to him first.
6. The Overpay—the only way he'll trade is if you REALLY overpay him. He'll do it, but it'll cost.
:lol:

I love this.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 pm

I love this.
I’m more of #7: North Korea- the rest of the league doesn’t like to trade with me because they think I’m building a nuclear program of a dynasty roster. Let the sanctions begin!!!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm

I love this.
LOL thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri May 03, 2024 1:42 am

7. The guy that only uses draft calculators and sends you screenshots of his offer. But when you use the calculator to send him a proposal he rejects and doesn’t like what the calculator tells him.

Those guys are annoying
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri May 03, 2024 1:47 am

cazzie33 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pmNumber 7. Thee OVERPAYER ... if I want a guy then I'll give extra to close the deal
++
Me too. When I want a guy, I'm the guy that throws in extras to get the deal done. If I have depth that would start for the other guy's team and he wants that depth, I offer him a buffet.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:48 am

DJB wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:42 am 7. The guy that only uses draft calculators and sends you screenshots of his offer. But when you use the calculator to send him a proposal he rejects and doesn’t like what the calculator tells him.

Those guys are annoying
the worst

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:49 am

TheTroll wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 pm

I love this.
I’m more of #7: North Korea- the rest of the league doesn’t like to trade with me because they think I’m building a nuclear program of a dynasty roster. Let the sanctions begin!!!
Thats what some of my leagues feel like :lol:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

I don't trade with people!!!!!

Postby Anteaters » Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am

I agree it's a pain in the a** to trade with people.
That's why I conduct all my trades with myself or my dog. I never trade with people. And I always win my trades!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 am

I wish I could contribute here but in my league few people trade at all.
16 persons: with me included we are around 5 people who trade or make offers. All the others don't. Just drafting, picking FA etc.
Sad...
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: Mahomes, McCarthy
RB: Achane, Warren, Spears, McLaughlin, Brown, McClellan
WR: DJM, London, Pickens, Samuel, W. Robinson, Downs, Jeudy, Meyers, Tucker, Cowing
TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Okonkwo, Otton, Wiley
K: Grupe
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
DL: Garrett, Crosby, Hutchinson, J. Bosa, Tuipulotu
LB: Parsons, Bolton, Lloyd, Campbell, Byron Young
DB: Winfield, Pitre, Hufanga, Bland

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: I don't trade with people!!!!!

Postby moishetreats » Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am I agree it's a pain in the a** to trade with people.
That's why I conduct all my trades with myself or my dog. I never trade with people. And I always win my trades!
Calling you out here, dude. No way you win your trades with your dog!!
:D
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), E Moore ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $102

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri May 03, 2024 7:26 am

I think one reason it's so hard to trade with people (not pointing on the OP) is this culture of the goal of a trade being able to post on Twitter or Reddit:
Sent: Darnold
Got: Bijan, 25 1st
If the trade isn't them absolutely destroying you, be prepared for rejection or an absurd counter. Case in point, here is an offer a league mate received yesterday:

Give: Evans, Dak, and Barkley
for
1.10 and a 26 1st

On the surface, this looks horrific. But let me make it worse. Here is the league setup: 14 teams, TWO QBS(!!!), ANDDDDD.... devy with 2 rounds.

Rookies already owned in the league:
QB: Caleb, Daniels, Maye, McCarthy, Nix
RB: Benson, Allen, Shipley, Corum
WR: MHJ, Nabers, Worthy
TE: Bowers

My second thought is people don't consider the other team. Just click on the names they want and then put some BS on the other side sending them. They already have a strong QB room? Yeah I'm sure they want to deplete their WRs so you can send them Russell Wilson.

Third is this mindset of treating fantasy teams as trading stocks (not going to get on this tangent). People calling the teams they have their portfolio. Trying to do 2310948230498 trades a year where you win every one etc.

wilson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wilson » Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:48 am
DJB wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:42 am 7. The guy that only uses draft calculators and sends you screenshots of his offer. But when you use the calculator to send him a proposal he rejects and doesn’t like what the calculator tells him.

Those guys are annoying
the worst
#8 the drunk trader, overpays :wtf: but improves his team. "I gonna get this guy"
    12 team sf 6 pp passing td ppr tep 1.5 ppr, 3rb 4wr te def k, keep 17, 5 rd draft
      T Lawrence, J Fields, K Murray
        B Hall, J Cook, K Herbert, J Warren, T Spears, R White
          J Jefferson, T Higgins, M Pittman, P Nucua, JSN, N Collins, M Wilson
              D Goedert, K Pitts, D Bellinger
                Tampa, T Bass

oneson9192
                Role Player
                Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 am

I'd like to submit one that is subtle but really grinds my gears:

9. Mr. Context - Says you should accept his sub-par offer because "your roster would still be fine after this deal", "you could still start X player instead".

Hey dude, if this deal isn't fair in a vacuum, I'm not interested. I'm not obligated to give you a discount because my roster is strong.
                2021 Startup
                Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
                1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
                RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
                WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
                TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
                2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
                2025: 1-3-4-4-5