Xavier Worthy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Xavier Worthy Official Thread

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 10:25 am

CountZero wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 am Is anyone else here thinking Worthy over Odunze? I'm seeing some experts going this route, and the thinking is at least partially that Worthy's value will be higher after a year with Mahomes than Odunze as WR3 with a rookie QB. Talk me off the ledge!
What experts are touting Worthy over Odunze? That’s a reason IMO not to waste time looking at their other evaluations.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:38 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:19 am
Payton34 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 am Everyone is hoping he's Tyreek. Maybe he foots that bill, maybe Hollywood does, maybe nobody does. And when I say that, understand that I get that Tyreek is a special talent, but I'm talking more that role, in that offense, where whomever gets it and is even somewhat successful at it is going to be a very valuable WR commodity.
I think he will get that role while Hollywood gets the MVS deep threat role. Hollywood isn't a threat with the ball in his hands. He usually goes down as soon as he sees a defender. The question is how much better is Worthy? I'm betting he's not even 80% of Tyreek
Well is you want a fast guy to stretch the field, that's Worthy. I'm already seeing drops in practice, but if he can get that sorted I can see him being a live/die deep-ball threat, who boom/busts on those wide open deep TDs. You probably don't want him as your WR1 but as your WR3 he could maybe pop now and then.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:38 am
Payton34 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 am Everyone is hoping he's Tyreek. Maybe he foots that bill, maybe Hollywood does, maybe nobody does. And when I say that, understand that I get that Tyreek is a special talent, but I'm talking more that role, in that offense, where whomever gets it and is even somewhat successful at it is going to be a very valuable WR commodity.
I think he will get that role while Hollywood gets the MVS deep threat role. Hollywood isn't a threat with the ball in his hands. He usually goes down as soon as he sees a defender. The question is how much better is Worthy? I'm betting he's not even 80% of Tyreek
Well is you want a fast guy to stretch the field, that's Worthy. I'm already seeing drops in practice, but if he can get that sorted I can see him being a live/die deep-ball threat, who boom/busts on those wide open deep TDs. You probably don't want him as your WR1 but as your WR3 he could maybe pop now and then.
Hollywood is also very, very fast. I'm sure Andy Reid has a plan for them, but I would think Worthy gets the underneath stuff. His YAC leaves some more to be desired, mostly due to size, but the willingness is there. Hollywood however has 0 willingness to break any tackles

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue May 07, 2024 3:50 pm

Devil's advocate though... if you're telling me I can draft "the chance" of 80% of Tyreek, attached to Mahomes for the next 5 years, for the low low price of a back-end 1st...

I'm not taking him over Odunze because this isn't redraft. But he is for sure someone I want on my rosters if I can get him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:49 pm

mild wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:50 pm
Devil's advocate though... if you're telling me I can draft "the chance" of 80% of Tyreek, attached to Mahomes for the next 5 years, for the low low price of a back-end 1st...

I'm not taking him over Odunze because this isn't redraft. But he is for sure someone I want on my rosters if I can get him.
Of course no way he's WR3. I don't mean to sound too harsh on him. I said to myself he'd have to go to the right location and well, here we are

I'm just taking a stab at their roles based on what I've seen both players do. The short stuff can turn into very, very high value touches in KC. I'm here for every player to hit and I may end up with a few shares this year IF he stays a late 1st. Usually players like this are priced out based on hype

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2024 11:15 pm

Worthy droppin' passes like Rice is droppin' photographers!
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:15 pm
Worthy droppin' passes like Rice is droppin' photographers!
Counterpoint to the chuckle-fu-k brigade:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1786931884754157571

Doubt this guy at your peril imo.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 08, 2024 3:12 am

he caught a routine pass at practice.

let's take him 1.01

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 08, 2024 3:34 am

It's that time of the offseason where a 5 second clip of someone dropping a pass can go viral

CountZero
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CountZero » Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:25 am
CountZero wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 am Is anyone else here thinking Worthy over Odunze? I'm seeing some experts going this route, and the thinking is at least partially that Worthy's value will be higher after a year with Mahomes than Odunze as WR3 with a rookie QB. Talk me off the ledge!
What experts are touting Worthy over Odunze? That’s a reason IMO not to waste time looking at their other evaluations.
Shawn Siegele puts Worthy at 1.06, Bowers at 1.05, and Odunze at 1.10. RV is going contrarian here, maybe because there is some worry that Odunze will end up reprising JSN, fighting for targets in year 1 in a deep WR room. Recall last year, Addison went later in drafts and finished with 60 more points and is considered a slightly stronger asset now. I also got burned when my league mate sniped Olave ahead of me, leaving me to "win" higher ranked Treylon Burks. I'll probably go Odunze over Worthy anyway, just seeking opinions.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 08, 2024 5:12 am

CountZero wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 am
Shawn Siegele puts Worthy at 1.06, Bowers at 1.05, and Odunze at 1.10. RV is going contrarian here, maybe because there is some worry that Odunze will end up reprising JSN, fighting for targets in year 1 in a deep WR room. Recall last year, Addison went later in drafts and finished with 60 more points and is considered a slightly stronger asset now. I also got burned when my league mate sniped Olave ahead of me, leaving me to "win" higher ranked Treylon Burks. I'll probably go Odunze over Worthy anyway, just seeking opinions.
So this is for redraft then? I’m not a Worthy fan and wonder how he’ll translate, especially early, but I could see someone fashioning a reasonable argument given rookie year production.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed May 08, 2024 5:18 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:12 am

So this is for redraft then? I’m not a Worthy fan and wonder how he’ll translate, especially early, but I could see someone fashioning a reasonable argument given rookie year production.
Worthy need at least 1 more KC offensive skill position to have a criminal act. :)
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 08, 2024 5:28 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:18 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:12 am

Worthy need at least 1 more KC offensive skill position to have a criminal act. :)
Unless it’s Mahomes…

CountZero
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CountZero » Wed May 08, 2024 5:41 am

I'm talking dynasty. If it were redraft, I'd lean Worthy. For dynasty, it's a toss up.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 08, 2024 5:48 am

Fastest 40 ever.
1st round draft pick
Teamed moved up to draft him
Lands with the best QB on Planet Earth

1.9 in 1 QB leagues is a steal of an opportunity which would put him in top 5-6 at the WR position in this strong class.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts