Predictions for the Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am

Needalife wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am All I know is that some of these backfields better perform because the RB wrecking ball is coming in 2025. Judkins, Singleton and Henderson are going to take starting roles immediately and eat. Maybe Ollie Gordon and Jeanty too so I would be open to moving guys like Zamir and whoever starts for DAL and stuff like that as they could be one year wonders.

For day 3, I want to see where RB Shipley, WR Franklin, TE Sanders and QB Rattler land.
I’m extremely interested to see where Shipley, Sanders, and Cade Stover land. Rattler is intriguing as well. Extremely talented guy that could be a serviceable QB in the right situation

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm • Couple of questions—with barely three TEs going in the first three rounds, are we writing off the guys not taken yet?
• The rule of thumb with WRs and draft capital is first three rounds. With so much depth AT WR are you still digging WRs not yet drafted?
• Such as guys like Franklin, Baker, JWilson, Rice, TWashington, MWashington, Cowing, Walker, Thrash, etc.?
Unless you feel confident that you can identify the next Amon-Ra, Puka, Diggs, Kittle, etc., the majority of these players are going to be fantasy irrelevant.

I like some of these players as super late dart throws, but I have zero expectations for them now that they've fallen out of the Top 3 rounds. The NFL has made it very clear this year that this is not a good group of RBs and TEs. 3 TEs and 4 RBs in the Top 100.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm

Oh, it was banked on, no doubt. I'm just pushing back on the 50/50 split idea, especially early in the season. It's just not likely. Even early round 2 guys take a good month and a half to 2 months to see more time, consistently.
You’re saying even early round 2 RBs are incapable of starting their rookie year? There’s loads of history of rookie RBs who hit the ground running (pun intended) in the NFL.

Again, I’m not saying Corum sends Williams to the bench. But given what Corum has shown the last 2 years - and let’s not lose track that Corum did what he did last year coming back from a late season knee injury the year before - there’s no reason to think he couldn’t cut out a meaningful slice of the pie from the jump.
No, I'm saying it's uncommon, right away, with an established back already there. Chubb, Swift, KW etc etc, and often their role was increased due to injury ahead of them.

I think Corum will definitely get touches, but I don't think Kyren is going to lose his role as the main RB in LA.

I wouldn't be drafting Corum assuming he's going to be a consistent FF producer, that's for sure.

I mean, McVay said Corum had a lot of traits that reminded him of Kyren, then starts gushing about Kyren. :lol: IDK, time will tell, but I do think Corum will take some touches from Kyren, I just can't imagine drafting Corum expecting him to be a guy I can be starting in my FF lineup unless there's an injury.
Right. I don't understand how people can say "Well, did you see how good Corum was last year?"

Uh...well, did you see how good Williams was last year? :lol:

I'm pretty sure everyone in the Williams thread agreed that the Rams were going to draft an RB this year, unless people believed Ronnie Rivers was enough to avoid that.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

You’re saying even early round 2 RBs are incapable of starting their rookie year? There’s loads of history of rookie RBs who hit the ground running (pun intended) in the NFL.

Again, I’m not saying Corum sends Williams to the bench. But given what Corum has shown the last 2 years - and let’s not lose track that Corum did what he did last year coming back from a late season knee injury the year before - there’s no reason to think he couldn’t cut out a meaningful slice of the pie from the jump.
No, I'm saying it's uncommon, right away, with an established back already there. Chubb, Swift, KW etc etc, and often their role was increased due to injury ahead of them.

I think Corum will definitely get touches, but I don't think Kyren is going to lose his role as the main RB in LA.

I wouldn't be drafting Corum assuming he's going to be a consistent FF producer, that's for sure.

I mean, McVay said Corum had a lot of traits that reminded him of Kyren, then starts gushing about Kyren. :lol: IDK, time will tell, but I do think Corum will take some touches from Kyren, I just can't imagine drafting Corum expecting him to be a guy I can be starting in my FF lineup unless there's an injury.
Right. I don't understand how people can say "Well, did you see how good Corum was last year?"

I'm pretty sure everyone in the Williams thread agreed that the Rams were going to draft an RB this year, unless people believed Ronnie Rivers was enough to avoid that.
Sure, but by the time you get to the mid-late 2nd, why not take a shot on Corum? He’s gonna get work, unless you think they are gonna run Kyren to death again this year (in which case I’ll still take Corum in that range as a premium handcuff).

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am

mild wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm
Menace2010 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm
mild wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm

Who would you have rathered for Maye, out of who was left?

Clearly there is smoke with AD Mitchell, I don't blame them not going for him.
I prefer Franklin to Polk.
The NFL is currently telling you that they very much do not.

#adjust
Never understood the Franklin love. Tried to, but he seems like another Tyquan Thornton

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am
Sure, but by the time you get to the mid-late 2nd, why not take a shot on Corum? He’s gonna get work, unless you think they are gonna run Kyren to death again this year (in which case I’ll still take Corum in that range as a premium handcuff).
I agree. There was never a scenario where they were going to give Williams another 90%+ snap share. I just don't think they drafted Corum to be "the guy". Either way, it's a good fit and exactly the type of back they needed to mix in.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am
Never understood the Franklin love. Tried to, but he seems like another Tyquan Thornton
One of the weirdest combinations of really good advanced stats to so-so tape that I've seen in a while.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am

Some of these positions that it is one or the other are kinda odd to me. Some just can’t seem to consider the possibility that they both can be very good RBs at the same time. It’s yet to be seen with Corum of course, so there’s always the unknown. But just dismissing him because Williams had a great year last year - I don’t get that.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am

Some of these positions that it is one or the other are kinda odd to me. Some just can’t seem to consider the possibility that they both can be very good RBs at the same time. It’s yet to be seen with Corum of course, so there’s always the unknown. But just dismissing him because Williams had a great year last year - I don’t get that.
I think that Corum has never been big in the passing game, that alone gives the nod to Williams.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am Some of these positions that it is one or the other are kinda odd to me. Some just can’t seem to consider the possibility that they both can be very good RBs at the same time. It’s yet to be seen with Corum of course, so there’s always the unknown. But just dismissing him because Williams had a great year last year - I don’t get that.
There's no dismissing. Like I said above, the Rams had a clear need and Corum fits that. He's going to get playing time. Williams should not be playing 90% of the snaps like he was. I just don't get how people can point to what Corum did last year and say the Rams drafted him to play heavy while ignoring that Williams was a revelation last year and really freaking good. The Rams were a lot better with him on the field.

It will be a timeshare like all backfields are at some point, but no I don't think it's going to start off 50/50.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am

Seen on FB:
The Chiefs WR room is FAST;

Hollywood Brown: 4.27 40 yard dash
Xavier Worthy: 4.21 40 yard dash
Rashee Rice: 119 mph

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am Some of these positions that it is one or the other are kinda odd to me. Some just can’t seem to consider the possibility that they both can be very good RBs at the same time. It’s yet to be seen with Corum of course, so there’s always the unknown. But just dismissing him because Williams had a great year last year - I don’t get that.
There's no dismissing. Like I said above, the Rams had a clear need and Corum fits that. He's going to get playing time. Williams should not be playing 90% of the snaps like he was. I just don't get how people can point to what Corum did last year and say the Rams drafted him to play heavy while ignoring that Williams was a revelation last year and really freaking good. The Rams were a lot better with him on the field.

It will be a timeshare like all backfields are at some point, but no I don't think it's going to start off 50/50.
Who is saying they drafted Corum to be the starter? Can you post a quote stating that?

NM - I see you edited your opinion.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am Seen on FB:
The Chiefs WR room is FAST;

Hollywood Brown: 4.27 40 yard dash
Xavier Worthy: 4.21 40 yard dash
Rashee Rice: 119 mph
Yeah but Rice’s lateral movement is now in doubt
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm • Couple of questions—with barely three TEs going in the first three rounds, are we writing off the guys not taken yet?
• The rule of thumb with WRs and draft capital is first three rounds. With so much depth AT WR are you still digging WRs not yet drafted?
• Such as guys like Franklin, Baker, JWilson, Rice, TWashington, MWashington, Cowing, Walker, Thrash, etc.?
Unless you feel confident that you can identify the next Amon-Ra, Puka, Diggs, Kittle, etc., the majority of these players are going to be fantasy irrelevant.

I like some of these players as super late dart throws, but I have zero expectations for them now that they've fallen out of the Top 3 rounds. The NFL has made it very clear this year that this is not a good group of RBs and TEs. 3 TEs and 4 RBs in the Top 100.
This is where I'm at on these players. I had high hopes for Tez/Baker. They'll fit into a "Craig Reynolds" role, but won't move the needle fantasy wise. Still solid players that you could punt a 3rd/4th on, but know to cut ties at any point for another WW flasher.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

This is where I'm at on these players. I had high hopes for Tez/Baker. They'll fit into a "Craig Reynolds" role, but won't move the needle fantasy wise. Still solid players that you could punt a 3rd/4th on, but know to cut ties at any point for another WW flasher.
Yeah, there will probably be 1 big overachiever drafted today. It's just....good luck guessing who. I really like Jacob Cowing's route running. Malik Washington is interesting. Tez was more interesting pre Senior Bowl.

Jaylen Wright has some exciting metrics, but that wasn't enough to go Top 100. Braelon Allen is super productive with age adjusted metrics.

Basically everyone is a shot in the dark. Situation will probably play the biggest role.