Trade Reversal Request from Owner

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Trade Reversal Request from Owner

Postby Anteaters » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:21 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:19 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:03 pm Maybe I'm the only one (maybe not). But I seriously check, re-check, and check again before sending trade offers. My heart rate increases, and I actually get a little nervous before I actually click "send". Possibly making too big a deal out of a fantasy trade, but I honestly worry a bit that I'd clicked the wrong player/asset, and I make doubly sure that I haven't before I propose a deal.

Maybe why I've never had the misfortune of sending an offer I didn't actually mean to send.
Not only that, I find myself logging back into the site 5-10 minutes after I’ve sent it to look at outstanding proposals and double check it again. Haha
THIS!
and
THIS TOO!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:29 pm

you get bijan in a trade and you don't go to your team page to rosterbate IMMEDIATELY?!?
yeah right...

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:43 pm

Minority report - I would reverse if the owners all plea innocence on the mistake. Also there must have been no trading after the fact. If those conditions are met, I’d reverse because it seems like a friendly league, not high stakes. I would take a league vote, however to be fair.

My biggest concern is a trade like this causing fallout from other owners (but seems like no one cares?) Damage control if friends league.

All other accounts I would simply let the trade stand.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:14 pm

If you need to ease your conscience, offer him up your 2nd or 3rd rounder to lessen the sting on him. According to the trade calculator here you got as much of a plus on the trade as his initial offer with Bijan would have gotten him.

As for me, I would have either double checked my offer before sending or more likely looked at my roster immediately after the trade to see how my new roster looked and caught the mistake right after and engaged with you to let you know I screwed up and tried to rectify. But 2 weeks later after he got messaged about it? Don’t think I’d go for a redo.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:21 pm

If you had accidentally sent Bijan instead of Brian, would you ask for a reversal 2 weeks later?

Also, I can't imagine anyone would send both Bijan and Purdy for Stroud. This is almost like karma for him trying to get the best of you.

In your shoes, I wouldn't feel a need to do anything. Done is done, move on.

-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 pm

Yeah this is a tough one. Would help if you made the accidental deal in a league with friends. Regardless your mistake should be notified immediately after acceptance to the commish.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:06 pm People put too much in the timeline during the off season.

Honest mistake is the real question but he made the offer it sounds like so not sure this is even an issue.

Did you own both Robinson players?
Asking the important questions here. I thought about this when I read this earlier but thought it would have been mentioned in the original post if that wasn’t the case. Please tell us you do in fact roster both B.Robinsons?

Also back to Sleeper: when you send an offer, doesn’t it immediately send you into your trade partner’s DM’s with the offer laid out, where it displays names AND pictures of the players? It does that for me at least; I guess maybe that’s a feature you can disable?

Anyway, yeah that’s tough. Generally I’m the type to reverse anything when someone says they made a mistake. But this is a bit too far out. Unless he can provide proof of it being a legitimate mistake (such as a screenshot of the friends’ conversation with time stamps), I’d just say sorry but it’s been 2 weeks. You’re under no obligation to even go to those lengths, I just mean if it’s going to cause a stir in the league, that’s the only way I’d even entertain the conversation

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:03 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:06 pm People put too much in the timeline during the off season.

Honest mistake is the real question but he made the offer it sounds like so not sure this is even an issue.

Did you own both Robinson players?
Agreed. If you own both Robinson's, I think it's likely an honest mistake. Nobody would offer up Stroud for what he did intentionally in a SF format, IMO.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:17 pm

It doesn’t matter if he owns both B Robs. The guy could have seen B Rob and never even thought of Brian, thinking Bijan all the while.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:34 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:17 pm It doesn’t matter if he owns both B Robs. The guy could have seen B Rob and never even thought of Brian, thinking Bijan all the while.
Sure, but it at least makes the “honest mistake” excuse a bit more believable.

I can understand targeting Bijan and mistakenly clicking on Brian because another B.Robinson happens to be on your trade partner’s team.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:34 pm
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:17 pm It doesn’t matter if he owns both B Robs. The guy could have seen B Rob and never even thought of Brian, thinking Bijan all the while.

I can understand targeting Bijan and mistakenly clicking on Brian because another B.Robinson happens to be on your trade partner’s team.
No excuses for a two week interval.

I don't know about you, but as soon as a traded is executed, I go look at my team and get excited about starting my new players. ESPECIALLY if the player is on the level of Bijan FREAKING Robinson!!! I would have been checking my roster every hour, looking at his name, clicking on his bio to stare lovingly at his picture like a sixteen year old in love for the first time, thinking about all the fun we would have together later this year when we hooked up. ... reminds me of a girl I once knew ... uh back to the point.

No one can tell me the other guy did not look at his roster one time in thirteen days to see who was on it. What? Was the guy on a secret CIA mission in Russia? Was he on a secret NASA mission to the Moon? I'm sorry, but a two-week delay simply does not pass the smell test. I do not believe he did not check his roster for two weeks after such a huge trade.

But the assumption here is a dynasty manager traded a T5 dynasty QB for a T2 dynasty RB and.he.never.once.looked.at.his.roster.after.the.trade. FOR TWO WEEKS??? I'm sorry, but that strains the limits of credulity.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 am

Two weeks = perhaps the league isn’t a very serious one

At least the one guy isn’t

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm

I don't know about you, but as soon as a traded is executed, I go look at my team and get excited about starting my new players. ESPECIALLY if the player is on the level of Bijan FREAKING Robinson!!! I would have been checking my roster every hour, looking at his name, clicking on his bio to stare lovingly at his picture like a sixteen year old in love for the first time, thinking about all the fun we would have together later this year when we hooked up. ... reminds me of a girl I once knew ... uh back to the point.

No one can tell me the other guy did not look at his roster one time in thirteen days to see who was on it. What? Was the guy on a secret CIA mission in Russia? Was he on a secret NASA mission to the Moon? I'm sorry, but a two-week delay simply does not pass the smell test. I do not believe he did not check his roster for two weeks after such a huge trade.

But the assumption here is a dynasty manager traded a T5 dynasty QB for a T2 dynasty RB and.he.never.once.looked.at.his.roster.after.the.trade. FOR TWO WEEKS??? I'm sorry, but that strains the limits of credulity.
Not everyone spends hours per day on a forum reading about and talking about other fantasy leagues and the owners they don't know and the trades they may have mistakenly (or not mistakenly) made. Remember, Anteaters, that people on this site are the rarity of dynasty players. Most are not THIS invested. Most play it as a casual game...in which they have fictional "ownership" of players for their fictional team.
Finding it incredulous that someone wouldn't check in on their roster for a couple weeks in the offseason isn't weighted in reality. It's weighted in a strange community of fanatics.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm

Not everyone spends hours per day on a forum reading about and talking about other fantasy leagues and the owners they don't know and the trades they may have mistakenly (or not mistakenly) made. Remember, Anteaters, that people on this site are the rarity of dynasty players. Most are not THIS invested. Most play it as a casual game...in which they have fictional "ownership" of players for their fictional team.
Finding it incredulous that someone wouldn't check in on their roster for a couple weeks in the offseason isn't weighted in reality. It's weighted in a strange community of fanatics.
That's all true, you're completely right.
Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am a strange community of fanatics.
Guilty as charged. I beg for the mercy of the court.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:11 pm

Agree with Valhalla. I usually lean towards reversing trades. 2 weeks in the regular season is a lot. 2 weeks between the combine and draft? Not really.

I still think with the context of him discussing the trade and all that, this example is just buyers remorse