2024 GEDL Early Rookie Draft Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2024 GEDL Early Rookie Draft Official Thread

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:29 am

I've been slammed this week working on graphics for a 45-team Shark Tank 4 league so I haven't been able to follow this thread as closely as usual. I hope to go back and catch up soon.

One thing I want to mention about this league is that it is very tight regarding trading. It didn't used to be like this but over the last 4-5 years teams have become hesitant to trade unless there's a draft going on. This adds a wrinkle when drafting and you're trying build a contending lineup.

Somebody said earlier that they didn't think this draft was as deep as advertised. I beg to differ. after the top 4 WRs, I see the next 5-6 WRs pretty much the same as the next 5 or after them. WR is so deep pre-NFL Draft and there are not nearly as many good landing spots as there are talented WRs in the class. Case in point, everyone loves Xavier Worthy after his forty time but how about his struggles vs press coverage or his history of drops? I like Roman Wilson more in the 2nd round than Worthy in the mid 1st. Landing spots will shuffle the hell out of the current WR ADP IMO. So I was more than happy to let the Wrs (that a lot of you love) stay on the board while I focused on finishing my rebuild by adding RBs I like. I also took Benson (RB1) at 8 which is his current ADP so it's not much of a reach.

As an owner who has a team that is young and good everywhere but RB, I took my chances on my 1st and 3rd-ranked RBs in the class at 8 and 14. I see a bunch of NFL teams off the top of my head that need a RB and the right RB can immediately compete for touches.
Chargers
Cowboys
Giants
Raiders
Browns
Bengals
I also really like 3 RBs in this class so I like the chances of at least one of (if not both) the RBs I drafted landing in one of those spots.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your draft! It was fun to check it out!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:54 pm

81- wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:19 pm I love the name icepicks.
Ditto. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:56 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:04 am I am sure he is going to love owning them, but West Michigan has gone to new Homer Pick lengths….

Thanks for sharing gents, love seeing this draft every year.
One of my favorite things is seeing owners prove they believe in guys by drafting them (earlier than expected) and securing them. Winning with the guys you believe in is such a powerful feeling.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:26 pm

Keon Coleman
Ben Sinnott
Johnny Wilson
Blake Watson

Anyways I was pretty happy with my draft despite a less than ideal draft spot / start. But que sera sera.

Anyways I had hoped to get 1 of the players in my top tier, but they all got drafted - no surprise. I mulled over taking Caleb Williams - following BPA rules - however I have no real need at QB and tbh certain teams have shown they are abysmal at developing certain positions. The Bears have yet to show me they know how to develop QBs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... arterbacks

When Jay Cutler (drafted & developed by a different team) is your leading QB in terms of Games played, TDs, and completions ....

Enough Said.

So was glad to move back, and add a bit of draft capital, which became WR depth.

Keon Coleman gives me Leonte Carroo vibes. Unfortunately sometime talented players end up in bad situations, and/or dont have the motivation to develop further. So when I say Caroo vibes I dont mean his NFL career, but rather his college & potential upside. So if Coleman lands on a team where he is a good fit and the coach knows how to utilize his talents - maybe I get the next Tee Higgins

Ben Sinnott is part of what I think could be a sneaky good TE Class. Maybe not as heralded as the 2017 class - but always good to stake a bet on a talented TE. Dont think he'll go Day 1, but if he can make it Day 2 - then a 25% chance at success simply from pedigree and 25% chance in the 4th round (where odd are 10% typically) is a win for me!

Johnny Wilson is an WR who if he gets Day II pedigree, might shoot up draft boards. He has similar talent to Chase Claypool hopefully less off-field concerns! Maybe he puts up a couple of Kelvin Benjamin WR seasons.

Blake Watson was my dart throw at what looks to be a deep list of 3rd down receiving back talent. One of them could easily be the next Austin Ekeler. Or maybe just Chase Edwards.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:58 pm

Johnny Wilson baby!

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am

I miss the JJ trade

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm

Troy Franklin at 1.11 hurts.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 2.01, 2.05, 3.01, 3.04
2025: 3 1sts, 1 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm Troy Franklin at 1.11 hurts.
Yeah not much rougher than that.

Interesting 1.12 was AD Mitchell so maybe not MUCH better there.

Meanwhile the 1.13 was Ladd and that's a huge win. Even if they wanted Franklin over them lol