General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Breaking News: Diggs trades to HOU

Postby bcap88 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:55 pm

mild wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:28 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 pm
bcap88 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:16 pm Are we just ignoring the fact that Houston had the lowest percentage of 11 personnel on first down and the highest percentage of drives with Run-Run-pass at 51 percent. Not to mention diggs goes from Allen with no other target competition to stroud with 2 other legitimate options.

It is absolutely going to effect diggs and the other two as well
Allen to Stroud is actually a slight upgrade for Diggs, as Stroud averaged about 20 passing yards per game more than Allen last year. I agree about the target competition part though.
Anyone thinking that Diggs is the odd man out in 2-WR sets... uhhh... why? I think it's going to be Dell, and for what it's worth, that's what the drafting public expects too based on Dells ADP over the last 24 hours on Underdog and KTC. (Down from WR18 to WR24 overnight on KTC)

There's also a chance that Diggs gets to score more TD's. Stroud should improve in his 2nd year, especially with this supporting cast and him having an offseason with Slowik's system... this offense could be legitimately special.

One thing we know: Stroud won't be rushing for 15 TD's like Allen did last year. When Stroud has the ball in his hands, he's doing it with his arm the majority of the time.

Finally, there's an idea being bandied about in here that Diggs is already washed.

So let's play that out for a second - if Diggs *is* actually washed, which situation would benefit him more...

- Remaining in Buffalo as the only veteran WR left, seeing regular shaded coverage / double teams, and running clear out routes on the outside in Joe Brady's short-attack ground-pound scheme that famously shelved him in 2023

-or-

- Playing Power Slot / Z-Flanker for CJ Stroud on an offense that has weapons everywhere and is making clear signs that they intend to be more aggressive in 2024

-if- he actually is physically diminished (arguable but ok)... then if anything... this landing spot could be the trick to extending his career. :thumbup:

Reminder: Stefon Diggs finished as the WR9 in PPR Fantasy last year despite almost completely disappearing after the OC change in Week 10. That... is not a WR who is washed. :nono:
107 on 160 targets and 1183 receiving yards while all his efficiency metrics are down. A reduction of 20-30 targets still puts a dent in his numbers
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds

QB:Mahomes,Stafford,
RB:Bijan,Gibbs,javonte Williams,Hubbard, Aaron jones,gainwell
WR:Higgins,London,aiyuk,Jsn
TE:Goedert,Fant
Taxi:Austin,pierce,Phillips,okonkwo,Washington,Jarrett,tucker, hooker

2025,2026 two first round picks in both years

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm

bcap88 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:16 pm Are we just ignoring the fact that Houston had the lowest percentage of 11 personnel on first down and the highest percentage of drives with Run-Run-pass at 51 percent. Not to mention diggs goes from Allen with no other target competition to stroud with 2 other legitimate options.

It is absolutely going to effect diggs and the other two as well
Allen to Stroud is actually a slight upgrade for Diggs, as Stroud averaged about 20 passing yards per game more than Allen last year. I agree about the target competition part though.
Anyone thinking that Diggs is the odd man out in 2-WR sets... uhhh... why? I think it's going to be Dell, and for what it's worth, that's what the drafting public expects too based on Dells ADP over the last 24 hours on Underdog and KTC. (Down from WR18 to WR24 overnight on KTC)

There's also a chance that Diggs gets to score more TD's. Stroud should improve in his 2nd year, especially with this supporting cast and him having an offseason with Slowik's system... this offense could be legitimately special.

One thing we know: Stroud won't be rushing for 15 TD's like Allen did last year. When Stroud has the ball in his hands, he's doing it with his arm the majority of the time.

Finally, there's an idea being bandied about in here that Diggs is already washed.

So let's play that out for a second - if Diggs *is* actually washed, which situation would benefit him more...

- Remaining in Buffalo as the only veteran WR left, seeing regular shaded coverage / double teams, and running clear out routes on the outside in Joe Brady's short-attack ground-pound scheme that famously shelved him in 2023

-or-

- Playing Power Slot / Z-Flanker for CJ Stroud on an offense that has weapons everywhere and is making clear signs that they intend to be more aggressive in 2024

-if- he actually is physically diminished (arguable but ok)... then if anything... this landing spot could be the trick to extending his career. :thumbup:

Reminder: Stefon Diggs finished as the WR9 in PPR Fantasy last year despite almost completely disappearing after the OC change in Week 10. That... is not a WR who is washed. :nono:
Diggs will probably be okay for another year, or at least the first half of the year, and I do agree that however he does in Houston is going to be better than he would have done staying in Buffalo. But “completely disappearing after the OC change in week 10” could definitely be interpreted as a WR that hit the age cliff and is now washed

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:09 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm

-or-

Diggs will probably be okay for another year, or at least the first half of the year, and I do agree that however he does in Houston is going to be better than he would have done staying in Buffalo. But “completely disappearing after the OC change in week 10” could definitely be interpreted as a WR that hit the age cliff and is now washed
I saw a solid YouTube film breakdown of a few of those games it showed he was essentially playing great defenses, facing bracket coverage, and just missed a few deep shots with uncharacteristic drops and/or overthrows (but he was still open). Didn't looked washed in that video at least...

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:11 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm Diggs will probably be okay for another year, or at least the first half of the year, and I do agree that however he does in Houston is going to be better than he would have done staying in Buffalo. But “completely disappearing after the OC change in week 10” could definitely be interpreted as a WR that hit the age cliff and is now washed
So you're saying he was an elite top 10 WR at 29.6 years of age but completely died when the clock hit 29.9.

And then he turned 30 at the end of November, and is obviously now completely dead.

RIP to Stefon Diggs. Pour one out for a real one...

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm

mild wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:11 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm Diggs will probably be okay for another year, or at least the first half of the year, and I do agree that however he does in Houston is going to be better than he would have done staying in Buffalo. But “completely disappearing after the OC change in week 10” could definitely be interpreted as a WR that hit the age cliff and is now washed
So you're saying he was an elite top 10 WR at 29.6 years of age but completely died when the clock hit 29.9.

And then he turned 30 at the end of November, and is obviously now completely dead.

I’m saying that’s how your words in quote could lend themselves. I’m not saying I think he’s washed.

But yes lol, that’s generally how falling off a cliff works. It’s fine (29.6), then suddenly you fall (maybe 29.9) and then you’re dead.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:43 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:09 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm

-or-

I saw a solid YouTube film breakdown of a few of those games it showed he was essentially playing great defenses, facing bracket coverage, and just missed a few deep shots with uncharacteristic drops and/or overthrows (but he was still open). Didn't looked washed in that video at least...
If that’s the case, he should be fine. The extra depth at WR is gonna be really nice for the Texans irl and for CJ. Should be fun to watch

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm
mild wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:11 pm So you're saying he was an elite top 10 WR at 29.6 years of age but completely died when the clock hit 29.9.

I’m saying that’s how your words in quote could lend themselves. I’m not saying I think he’s washed.

But yes lol, that’s generally how falling off a cliff works. It’s fine (29.6), then suddenly you fall (maybe 29.9) and then you’re dead.
We're having fun here with it, so it's all good.

I just think when presented with "he died of premature old age" during a season that had two clear halves, and a massive demarcation line in between where the entire offensive philosophy was changed with the firing of Dorsey...

PPR Scoring:

Weeks 1-10: WR4 overall
Weeks 10-17: WR50 overall

I would go with "maybe something to do with the new OC" or "potential injury" over "his body became too old to play football" just personally, when literal weeks before he was crushing the entire league.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:31 pm

mild wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm
mild wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:11 pm So you're saying he was an elite top 10 WR at 29.6 years of age but completely died when the clock hit 29.9.

We're having fun here with it, so it's all good.

I just think when presented with "he died of premature old age" during a season that had two clear halves, and a massive demarcation line in between where the entire offensive philosophy was changed with the firing of Dorsey...

PPR Scoring:

Weeks 1-10: WR4 overall
Weeks 10-17: WR50 overall

I would go with "maybe something to do with the new OC" or "potential injury" over "his body became too old to play football" just personally, when literal weeks before he was crushing the entire league.
Definitely could be that. I didn’t really watch much Bills football, so I don’t have much tape to analyze, to agree or disagree. If the timing of the OC switch was flipped along with the stats, people would probably have less concerns. Texans obviously still believe in him enough to ship out a 2nd

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:14 am

mild wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:22 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:15 am
tstafford wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:08 am

Stroud - plus
Nico - negative
Dell - push
Disagree on the receivers. I think this hurts Dell more than it hurts Nico.
Agreed that it hurts Dell the most. Diggs is about to feast in the Slot.
Per PFF:

Texans top 5 wide receivers in 2023 slot percentage

Robert Woods - 56.7%
Noah Brown - 39.4%
Stefon Diggs - 36.1%
Tank Dell - 28.8%
Nico Collins - 20.2%
Stroud feeding an elite route runner in the slot is what made us take JSN so high.

Stroud doesn't rush for 10-15 TD's in a season, either.

I think this is as close to a lateral move as a Diggs owner could have hoped. Target amount: down. Target quality: up.
After more thought, I think this is right. Dell probably loses more snaps than Nico.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:23 pm Shakir breakout season incoming.
I am really surprised I haven't seen more hype on him. I know you and I have been holding a few years now, waiting for this. All the discussion is on HOU. BUF has to add someone else, but Shakir has looked good when he plays

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:01 am

2023 stats
Player - Tgt - Rec - Yds
Nico - 109 - 80 - 1297
Schultz - 88 - 59 - 635
Tank - 75 - 47 - 709
Woods - 75 - 40 - 426
Brown - 55 - 33 - 567

With Diggs entering, I think it's safe to say the biggest hits in production will be to Brown and Woods (cut candidate) and Schultz to a lesser extent. All are middle of the field guys. Nico and Tank are outside WR. Most of Woods production was early season prior to Brown playing and a lot of Brown's production was while Nico and/or Tank was out.

Assuming Nico/Tank/Diggs/Schultz stay healthy... I project Nico around the same and Tank should be around the 100/70/1000 range with a full season also. I see Schultz getting less targets and Diggs soaking up all of the Brown/Woods numbers as he will take the slot role from them. Though if Nico/Dell miss time, Diggs could step up and have huge numbers.

One thing I know for sure, Stroud is a stud and can support multiple WR and the next man up. Whoever is the cheapest in redraft, I want. If Diggs is devalued in redraft, I'm in (maybe Dynasty too). If the Diggs trade devalues Nico/Tank in dynasty, I am buying them as well

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:32 pm

probably the worst for Xavier Hutchinson...

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:33 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:32 pm probably the worst for Xavier Hutchinson...
Oof. Forgot. Right. Agree.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:17 pm

HOU wipes out final 3 years on Diggs contract and gave him an additional 3.5mil...He'll be a FA at the end of the year.

Very odd trade on HOU part then to move a mid 2nd for one year rental.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:31 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:17 pm HOU wipes out final 3 years on Diggs contract and gave him an additional 3.5mil...He'll be a FA at the end of the year.

Very odd trade on HOU part then to move a mid 2nd for one year rental.
I heard that they’ll also get a compensatory pick if he walks though. Not sure how early it would be.