Levis value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Funr1de
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Levis value

Postby Funr1de » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:47 am

Superflex - what are people paying for a shot Levi’s sticks?
Team 1 12 team Dynasty 1/2 PPR superflex TE premium 2021, 2022 champ

QB: Mahomes, Zach Wilson, Mills, Hall
RB: Taylor, Swift, Gibbs, Mitchel, Dillon, Singletary, Bigsby, J Williams, Davis Price
WR: Higgins , DJ Moore, London, Pickins Dionte Johnson, Locket, Bateman, Mooney, Metchie, Osborn, M Wilson
TE Andrew’s, Hock, Otten,

Team 2 12 team Dynasty 1 PPR Superflex TE premium

QB: Herbert, Goff, Watson, Lance,
RB: Javonte Williams, Etienne, R white, Pacheco, Penny, Mattison, Kendre Miller, Roschon Johnson, Hubbard, Foreman, Mitchel,
WR: J Jefferson, Deebo, T Higgins, Pittman, Evans, E Moore, Sutton, Myers, D Johnson, W Robinson, Palmer,
TE: Hock, Knox, Irv Smith, Everett, Likely

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Levis value

Postby Anteaters » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:50 am

I think it's a wide margin of opinions.
Some people think Levis is worth a mid to late 1st. Some people put it at an early 3rd. A lot are in the early 2nd range.

You have to decide how much of a believer in Levis are you. If you think he's an 8 yr starter for Tennessee, pay whatever it takes to get him. If you're just hoping for the best and just putting a flyer out there, I'd hold the line at a late 2nd to early 3rd.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:01 am

He’s a hold for me. I’d love to move him, but no one is paying anything that justifies it in my 12 team 2QB league. Nothing to do but hold and hope he either sticks or a sell window opens.

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:24 pm

Nothing more than a 10-12 tm 2024 3rd by other league standards. (In mine, he's still on the WW.)
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:25 pm

SF either the 2.1 or two ‘25 2nds

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:41 pm

Late 1sts in 12 team SF.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:57 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:41 pm Late 1sts in 12 team SF.
This.

I have the 1.10 and would happily trade it for Levis.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:57 am

if your not getting a 1st in a SF, hold, anything less buy, he IMO has a bright future and the New regime in TN are building around him.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:02 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:50 am I think it's a wide margin of opinions.
Some people think Levis is worth a mid to late 1st. Some people put it at an early 3rd. A lot are in the early 2nd range.

You have to decide how much of a believer in Levis are you. If you think he's an 8 yr starter for Tennessee, pay whatever it takes to get him. If you're just hoping for the best and just putting a flyer out there, I'd hold the line at a late 2nd to early 3rd.
Early third. So like Levis for Bucky Irving.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:30 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:02 am
Anteaters wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:50 am I think it's a wide margin of opinions.

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new ... Commanders.
Going into week 1 of 2023, here are some starting young QBs in a situation similar to Levis entering the '24 season. Ridder, Howell, Pickett, Mac Jones, Fields, Daniel Jones.

Like Levis, that's a group of young QBs who hadn't solidified their standing with their teams. Either they lacked draft capital and/or their performance to date was less than convincing. Less than six months after week 1 of 2023, all those QBs, except DJones, had lost their starting jobs. Tell me, what's Mac Jones worth now?

As I said before, anyone who is convinced Levis is going to keep his starting job for the next 5-8 years should definitely put a 1st round value on him. I'm in the camp that think Levis is more Howell/MJones than JLove/Purdy.

So for me, yeah, a late 2nd is the highest I'd pay for him. And honestly, if I wasn't desperate for a QB, I would not pay even an early 3rd.
Last edited by Anteaters on Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:35 am

Audric Estime goes in that same 3rd range, might could land him!

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:04 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:30 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:02 am

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new ... Commanders.
Going into week 1 of 2023, here are some starting young QBs in a situation similar to Levis entering the '24 season. Ridder, Howell, Pickett, Mac Jones, Fields, Daniel Jones.

Like Levis, that's a group of young QBs who hadn't solidified their standing with their teams. Either they lacked draft capital and/or their performance to date was less than convincing. Less than six months after week 1 of 2023, all those QBs, except DJones, had lost their starting jobs. Tell me, what's Mac Jones worth now?

As I said before, anyone who is convinced Levis is going to keep his starting job for the next 5-8 years should definitely put a 1st round value on him. I'm in the camp that think Levis is more Howell/MJones than JLove/Purdy.

So for me, yeah, a late 2nd is the highest I'd pay for him. And honestly, if I wasn't desperate for a QB, I would not pay even an early 3rd.
D Jones, Mac Jones, and Fields are not good comparisons because we had an extra year of sample size to know what they were. The rest seem like reasonable comparisons. The suggestions of late 2nds and 3rds look completely ludicrous to me. I guess these are leagues that don’t value QB very much. I do play in mostly true 2QB leagues rather than SF, so I guess that might make a difference. I’m far from convinced Levis is going to cut it long term, but I’d rather roll the dice that he does than take the blindfolded dart throw in the 3rd. Typically players drafted in the 3rd have no better chance to succeed than Levis does, and many of them have far less potential upside if they do.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:04 amD Jones, Mac Jones, and Fields are not good comparisons because we had an extra year of sample size to know what they were. The rest seem like reasonable comparisons. The suggestions of late 2nds and 3rds look completely ludicrous to me. I guess these are leagues that don’t value QB very much. I do play in mostly true 2QB leagues rather than SF, so I guess that might make a difference. I’m far from convinced Levis is going to cut it long term, but I’d rather roll the dice that he does than take the blindfolded dart throw in the 3rd. Typically players drafted in the 3rd have no better chance to succeed than Levis does, and many of them have far less potential upside if they do.
I guess I might appear to be too harsh on Levis. If I rostered him, I'd be happy to hold and see. You're right that on the minor chance Levis sticks, he will be worth at least a late 1st. That's a good value, if he sticks, and buying that lottery ticket is worth a 2nd for some managers.

But if I had three NFL starting QBs on my roster, I'd rather take a chance on finding the next Tank Dell than trade a mid 2nd for Levis.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:04 amD Jones, Mac Jones, and Fields are not good comparisons because we had an extra year of sample size to know what they were. The rest seem like reasonable comparisons. The suggestions of late 2nds and 3rds look completely ludicrous to me. I guess these are leagues that don’t value QB very much. I do play in mostly true 2QB leagues rather than SF, so I guess that might make a difference. I’m far from convinced Levis is going to cut it long term, but I’d rather roll the dice that he does than take the blindfolded dart throw in the 3rd. Typically players drafted in the 3rd have no better chance to succeed than Levis does, and many of them have far less potential upside if they do.
I guess I might appear to be too harsh on Levis. If I rostered him, I'd be happy to hold and see. You're right that on the minor chance Levis sticks, he will be worth at least a late 1st. That's a good value, if he sticks, and buying that lottery ticket is worth a 2nd for some managers.

But if I had three NFL starting QBs on my roster, I'd rather take a chance on finding the next Tank Dell than trade a mid 2nd for Levis.
Levis or Bryce Young?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:35 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 am
Anteaters wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 am

Levis or Bryce Young?
I say Bryce.

His draft capital will give him a third bite at the apple in 2025 unless he's complete garbage this year. I think a lackluster first half in 2024 could see Levis moved to the bench.

Also, as a college player, Bryce showed a much better command for all things that go into being a good NFL QB. As a college QB, Levis did not show a good grasp on as many facets as Bryce did. That's not just my opinion - that's the opinion of every team that passed on Levis and the reason he was not drafted in the first round. I think that foundation of being a more skilled and smarter college QB gives Bryce an advantage over Levis when it comes to making the jump to being a competent NFL QB.

I'm not ready to bet the farm that Bryce becomes a good fantasy QB, but I think he has a x2 chance of doing so than Levis.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser