Xavier Legette is your 1.1 now!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Xavier Legette is your 1.1 now!

Postby JTLoh » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:29 pm

LMFAO!!!

Ok, so my man shouldn't be the 1.1, obviously. However, Plant my flag, whatever you wanna call it, I'm grabbing Legette in any rookie drafts, that are before NFL draft that I can. I suspect when he goes late 1st, early 2nd, his stock will rise and he will be a top 10 pick in Fantasy Drafts.

Some see DK, I see AJ Brown. Hopefully, he goes somewhere good and gets an opportunity to shine, early on. Maybe San Diego with pick #37. He could step into Keenan Allen role right now. IDK, we'll see. Landing spot/Opportunity plays a big part for early production as we all know. Just need this guy to land somewhere good.

Also, check this out.......
viewtopic.php?t=241492
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Xavier Legette is your 1.1 now!

Postby tstafford » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:30 am

He's in that range of WRs that I need to see NFL draft capital / landing stop to rank. It's too hard to differentiate these guys right now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:13 am

My general rule of thumb is to avoid one-year wonder WRs who broke out late, especially if they did it in their 5th year. That said, Legette is on the more interesting side of that archetype. Recency bias could be playing a role here though.

6'1, 221, great athlete, and his one season of production isn't in a gimmicky offensive system like Tennessee and Baylor WRs have in the past. I think Legette is the talent that people thought Jonathan Mingo was last year. I think his rookie value is going to be relatively low to his draft capital, which is expected to be 2nd Round. So, there will be good buy opportunities and I may end up with a share in one league max.

But, he's not a player I'm seeking out otherwise.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:12 am

That’s your 1.1 not mines
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:30 am

Miiiiiiinesssss

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:57 am

Someone will draft this guy way before I’d be willing to use a draft pick on him.

Great athlete with superb physical makeup for a NFL WR. Turned in a great 5th year. Solid in contested catch situations, using his size and timing well.

However. Everything he does is straight line stuff. No wiggle, very stiff and upright. Does not get off the line well and somehow despite his physical attributes gets dominated in press coverage. Watching him run routes at the Senior Bowl workouts and Combine was painful. His idea of manipulating DBs and deceiving coverage is maybe a slight shoulder pad shake, even against air. Seemed like 90% of his catches were in tightly contested situations, and that’s against college CBs. Terrible footwork. Questionable hands - you see regular bobbles and letting the ball get to his body. In his first 4 years in college he had a total of 42 catches in 41 games. He also was used to return exactly 1 punt his entire 5 years and 4 kickoffs before his 5th year - where’s the production before last year that he wasn’t even used (or trusted) as a returner for such a great athlete with his physical characteristics? Doesn’t block in the run game worth a damn either.

There’s way too much not too like once you get past his straight line speed and size. Just not seeing the love for him at all. Pro CBs are going to abuse him. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but I think this kid is all hat and no cattle.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:09 am

"do not draft" list, then. woof!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:57 am Someone will draft this guy way before I’d be willing to use a draft pick on him.

Great athlete with superb physical makeup for a NFL WR. Turned in a great 5th year. Solid in contested catch situations, using his size and timing well.

However. Everything he does is straight line stuff. No wiggle, very stiff and upright. Does not get off the line well and somehow despite his physical attributes gets dominated in press coverage. Watching him run routes at the Senior Bowl workouts and Combine was painful. His idea of manipulating DBs and deceiving coverage is maybe a slight shoulder pad shake, even against air. Seemed like 90% of his catches were in tightly contested situations, and that’s against college CBs. Terrible footwork. Questionable hands - you see regular bobbles and letting the ball get to his body. In his first 4 years in college he had a total of 42 catches in 41 games. He also was used to return exactly 1 punt his entire 5 years and 4 kickoffs before his 5th year - where’s the production before last year that he wasn’t even used (or trusted) as a returner for such a great athlete with his physical characteristics? Doesn’t block in the run game worth a damn either.

There’s way too much not too like once you get past his straight line speed and size. Just not seeing the love for him at all. Pro CBs are going to abuse him. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but I think this kid is all hat and no cattle.
Xavier Legette is your 4.1 now!

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:18 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:05 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:57 am Someone will draft this guy way before I’d be willing to use a draft pick on him.

I need to get a Legette up on the competition then!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:52 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:05 pm
:lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:54 pm

He has a very low YPRR. Where he's going, I'm passing. Late BOA is also a red flag.

D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:20 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:54 pm He has a very low YPRR. Where he's going, I'm passing. Late BOA is also a red flag.

Yeah, that lower, left quadrant is some scary territory.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:33 pm

Bargain bin Kevin White.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:33 pm Bargain bin Kevin White.
Ooof. That is a horrible comp.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:55 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:33 pm Bargain bin Kevin White.
Ooof. That is a horrible comp.
I’ve seen Robert Meachem comps and that’s probably not too far off. Legette is a shade more athletic but Meachem broke out a lot earlier.