Which RB to move off of?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
blueeyedbanditt
Rookie
Rookie

Which RB to move off of?

Postby blueeyedbanditt » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:01 am

Have the following as a contender:

JTaylor (probably not moving him)
Achane (injury/workload risk, high-ish value)
Henry (cash in on old vet, could have a monster year for a contender, value probably not as high as others)
Kyren (high value, but potential to get usurped I guess)

Which are you most likely to move off of to reduce risk and maximize value as a contender?

My thought process is to try and package one with a pick or another WR to acquire a young elite WR (i.e. Wilson, Puka, etc).

Also - would you be willing to move off of Achane or Kyren for say a Jacobs or a Saquon (plus?).

Ideally would like to upgrade at TE (Laporta?) - but I don't think owner will do it.
10 Team, PPR, 27 roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Love
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Derrick Henry, Devon Achane, Kyren Williams, Jaylen Warren
WR: CeeDee Lamb, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Drake London, Tee Higgins, Marquise Brown
TE: George Kittle, Pat Freiermuth

Picks:
2024: 1.05, 2.10, 4th, 5th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Which RB to move off of?

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:10 am

10 team start 8 is very shallow. Don’t mind shopping them but if you’re getting market value, young WRs like those guys wouldn’t be my target. You’re paying an expensive built in youth price that just isn’t as important in shallow formats.

Again that’s if you’re paying market value, doesn’t hurt to shop around.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:11 am

having 4 viable starting RB's i believe is necessary so me personally would be hesitant to move any of them. I guess i would move Henry to another win now team. Maybe package T Higgins or London.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:15 am

blueeyedbanditt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:01 am
Also - would you be willing to move off of Achane or Kyren for say a Jacobs or a Saquon (plus?).
Saquon is more valuable than Achane or Kyren IMO so the plus would probably need to be on your side to make that move. Jacobs is not super exciting when you look at his contract details. No job security in that contract, basically year to year. I’d probably just hold Kyren, although I could see trying to do Achane+ for Saquon.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 am

Kyren - overvalued and over delivered last year. Will return more RB 2-3 numbers this season.

But people love the guy so cash dat a$$.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:16 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 am Kyren - overvalued and over delivered last year. Will return more RB 2-3 numbers this season.

I’m always skeptical of day 3 RBs, but I don’t see how Kyren doesn’t give atleast low end RB1 numbers this year as a floor (barring injury). They didn’t bring in anyone in FA for competition, and they added some big time OL signings. Unless they draft a guy early and he takes over, of course. If he avoids that final obstacle (in a poor RB class), its wheels up.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:01 am

-
Last edited by Needalife on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:18 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:16 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 am Kyren - overvalued and over delivered last year. Will return more RB 2-3 numbers this season.

I’m always skeptical of day 3 RBs, but I don’t see how Kyren doesn’t give atleast low end RB1 numbers this year as a floor (barring injury). They didn’t bring in anyone in FA for competition, and they added some big time OL signings. Unless they draft a guy early and he takes over, of course. If he avoids that final obstacle (in a poor RB class), its wheels up.
Them not bringing in anyone in FA.
This is part of why he’s a sell high.
Because you know they’ll fill out the roster eventually so…

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:29 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:18 am

Of course they’re going to bring bodies in but I think it’s pretty clear he’s in their plans as at least the 1A, seems likely he’s bellcow. I’m not saying he’s a buy, I’d like to sell him high too in general, but I also think he’s a very “safe” bet (as far as rbs go..) to be good for fantasy next year.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:24 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:29 am

Of course they’re going to bring bodies in but I think it’s pretty clear he’s in their plans as at least the 1A, seems likely he’s bellcow. I’m not saying he’s a buy, I’d like to sell him high too in general, but I also think he’s a very “safe” bet (as far as rbs go..) to be good for fantasy next year.
Yeah I think Kyren is a fascinating case study. In general, you should probably sell any day 3(+) RB that pops. But Kyren is a rare one that won people leagues this year, and the situation is setting him up to do that again:
- Dodged every big-name free agent running mate
- Team loaded up on O-Line
- Seems unlikely that a team with a highly productive RD5 RB would spend significant draft capital on a RB in a weak class..

Back to OP's question: In this format (shallow roster/starting requirements, 1QB), I'm looking for every edge I can get and am much more willing to take on risk, including the risk that Kyren gets nuked (which again, feels unlikely at this point), including the risk that Achane doesn't continue to put up 17ppg. I'm holding those assets because A) they have difference-making production in their bag and B) they're young enough that there's no concern of a production/value cliff due to their ability. Could they get injured? Sure. So could every NFL player on every NFL play ever.

If I had to pick a RB to sell from that list, it'd probably be Derrick Henry. He was going for 2nds recently. I'm betting that this landing spot increases that value. He could probably help you win, but if he also might be cooked, and you're not getting a better sell window than the hype around him landing in Baltimore.

My strategy here would be to consolidate depth to get as many elite pieces as I can. Does Henry + Higgins get you into the AJB/Tyreek tier? I like the idea of TE too, it just depends on which one you want to target. Either way, I'd look at Henry+, and wouldn't be afraid to include a core guy if it means you're getting an elite core guy

blueeyedbanditt
Rookie
Rookie

Postby blueeyedbanditt » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:28 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:24 pm

Yeah I think Kyren is a fascinating case study. In general, you should probably sell any day 3(+) RB that pops. But Kyren is a rare one that won people leagues this year, and the situation is setting him up to do that again:
- Seems unlikely that a team with a highly productive RD5 RB would spend significant draft capital on a RB in a weak class..

Back to OP's question: In this format (shallow roster/starting requirements, 1QB), I'm looking for every edge I can get and am much more willing to take on risk, including the risk that Kyren gets nuked (which again, feels unlikely at this point), including the risk that Achane doesn't continue to put up 17ppg. I'm holding those assets because A) they have difference-making production in their bag and B) they're young enough that there's no concern of a production/value cliff due to their ability. Could they get injured? Sure. So could every NFL player on every NFL play ever.

If I had to pick a RB to sell from that list, it'd probably be Derrick Henry. He was going for 2nds recently. I'm betting that this landing spot increases that value. He could probably help you win, but if he also might be cooked, and you're not getting a better sell window than the hype around him landing in Baltimore.

My strategy here would be to consolidate depth to get as many elite pieces as I can. Does Henry + Higgins get you into the AJB/Tyreek tier? I like the idea of TE too, it just depends on which one you want to target. Either way, I'd look at Henry+, and wouldn't be afraid to include a core guy if it means you're getting an elite core guy
Appreciate the response! I'll see if there's any feelers out there for Henry. I think I'm probably holding Kyren and JT just for the upside alone. I paid nothing for Kyren, so playing with house money there. Achane I think I'd move off of just for injury concerns, but would need a good haul (also a high upside guy, which I agree with you on). If you were going to tier-down from any of these guys, who would you target? What about a Jacobs?
10 Team, PPR, 27 roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Love
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Derrick Henry, Devon Achane, Kyren Williams, Jaylen Warren
WR: CeeDee Lamb, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Drake London, Tee Higgins, Marquise Brown
TE: George Kittle, Pat Freiermuth

Picks:
2024: 1.05, 2.10, 4th, 5th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:53 am

blueeyedbanditt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:28 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:24 pm

Appreciate the response! I'll see if there's any feelers out there for Henry. I think I'm probably holding Kyren and JT just for the upside alone. I paid nothing for Kyren, so playing with house money there. Achane I think I'd move off of just for injury concerns, but would need a good haul (also a high upside guy, which I agree with you on). If you were going to tier-down from any of these guys, who would you target? What about a Jacobs?
My assumption (and confirmed via KTC) would be that people have Jacobs firmly ahead of Henry. Jacobs would probably be a solid tier-down from Kyren/Achane. I think Swift and/or Javonte should be in play as tier-down options