Advice for team going through identity crisis 😂

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
migouch99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Advice for team going through identity crisis 😂

Postby migouch99 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:48 pm

Team 1 in sig is going through a bit of a crisis in terms of next steps. My team's been fairly competitive grabbing a ring in 2022, but then just falling off a cliff in 2024 coming 7th of 10. I've got no picks in this years strong class and a league around me that's getting better and better.

My depth is not great beyond Burrows, JJ, Chase, Achane and Andrews with a bunch of players status over the next few years unknown like Fields, Swift, Monty, Mitchell, Bateman, Jeudy.

Got 3 1st and 2 2nds over the next couple of years, but struggling wether to sell up and start again or what moves to make in the short term to keep me in the running.

I've considered selling JJ or Chase and cashing in to try add picks and depth pieces - but eager to hear others perspective if this was your team!

TEAM 1
10 team, .5PPR SF / TEP, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1SF
———
QB: Burrow, Fields, Jones, Heinicke
RB: Achane, Monty, Swift, Mitchell, R.Johnson
WR: Chase, JJ, OBJ, N.Brown, Jeudy, Gallup, Moore, Bateman, Toney, W.Robinson
TE: Andrews, Kmet, Smith
———
2025: 1.x, 4.x
2026: 1.x, 1.x, 2.x, 2.x

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Re: Advice for team going through identity crisis 😂

Postby Bulletproof » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm

This is tough. If you don’t think you can be competitive in the next 3 years with Burrow, JJ, and Chase. I would be tempted to say sell them for picks and more young pieces

On second thought with those guys, you might consider a quick rebuild and basically sell everybody else for picks and build around them. I try to look at things in a 3 year window and a lot can change in 3 years
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:44 pm

Bulletproof wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm This is tough. If you don’t think you can be competitive in the next 3 years with Burrow, JJ, and Chase. I would be tempted to say sell them for picks and more young pieces

On second thought with those guys, you might consider a quick rebuild and basically sell everybody else for picks and build around them. I try to look at things in a 3 year window and a lot can change in 3 years
Typical league I’d agree, this is a 10 team start 9. No need to trade stud young WRs for pieces, just stay the course.

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:48 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:44 pm
Bulletproof wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm This is tough. If you don’t think you can be competitive in the next 3 years with Burrow, JJ, and Chase. I would be tempted to say sell them for picks and more young pieces

Typical league I’d agree, this is a 10 team start 9. No need to trade stud young WRs for pieces, just stay the course.
Ahh, I’ve never played in a 10 team. Is there a big premium on the studs? When you say, stay the course, what is the course? When you have some studs but don’t have any picks this year and don’t feel like you can be competitive, what do you do?
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:11 am

I think that team could win but some things need to break right. You need full, healthy, and dominant seasons from JJ and Chase and someone to emerge as a nice WR3. Not impossible. Having no picks is rough though.

The guys you'd want to consider selling probably wouldn't net as much as you'd like. The guys that would net a ton of course would deplete your starters. (Sorry if this is obvious and dumb sounding)

What kind of RBs would be on the waiver wire in a league like this? I'd try to handcuff your RBs with literally any teammates active on game day and with a pulse. And you'll probably need to unload all of your FA $ on the first WR that slips through the cracks and goes undrafted who might be useful.

It could happen, the studs are studly.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:05 pm

As others have said, I would definitely stay the course and keep your studs for now. Your starting lineup is actually solid for a 10tm league:

QB - Burrow

SF - Fields

Rb1 - Achane

Rb2 - Monty

Wr1 - Chase

Wr2 - JJ

Te - Andrews

Fx1 - Swift

Fx2 - Who knows

You have very little depth but there are always WW players you can use as spot starts, players that breakout, overperform etc.

If you have your own 2025 first I would keep it for now, and see how the season goes. If you are doing well you can think about shopping it. If you are struggling, look to sell any older pieces/rbs (Andrews, Achane, Monty, Swift etc.) that are producing. In season is when you get the best value and retool for 2025.

If you don't have your own 2025 first, then there isn't much point of trading away players imo lol. Unless a good deal comes along.