1.05 Target? SF

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
laMONEY
Rookie
Rookie

1.05 Target? SF

Postby laMONEY » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:42 am

Hello, I've made this post more than once but periodically post it again to see if there have been any changes in what people think.

Trying to keep it brief, the first 4 picks in front of me will be a combination of 1.01 MHJ, 1.02 Williams, 1.03 Nabers, 1.04 maye/daniels. Before I ever made a discussion post here, I was originally targeting Bowers I'd say. I just think he has lots of upside and I could really manifest that LAC spot, also not a huge Rome fan. Anyway, since then, I have been leaning towards taking a QB, whoever is left between Daniels and Maye. I made a post here and people seemed to think that the QBs matter too much in SF. tbh I am starting to agree.

Something to note is that this is our FIRST year as a SuperFlex league, we are making the league-transition now this off-season. It's also important to note that not a lot of my league is well-prepared for the SuperFlex, I'm definitely far more prepared than everyone except maybe one guy at QB. I have the 1.05, and the 1.08, and the two picks between the 5 and the 8 (the 6 and the 7) have awful QBs. The 1.06 has D wat and Geno, and the 1.07 JUST has Burrow, also has Jake browning but I'm not counting him like he's gonna be a qb1 somewhere. So my thought was, by taking daniels/Maye at QB, I block either of them from taking one of the last top 3. The 1.06 team is stacked too, guy has JJ, Jamaar and Puka, a QB is the only thing holding him back. It would be a long-shot, but my thought is that MAYBE, just maybe, one of them screws up and is forced to take Bo/Penix/JJ (only if JJ slips into the 1st round) if I take the last QB at the 1.05, then leaving either bowers, but more likely, Rome for me at the 1.08. OR, should I just focus on Bowers and let these other guys take their chances with Daniels/Maye. Also, it's more likely going to be daniels that falls to me. The 1.04 is a tarheel and will prob take Maye. I also read once on here, in SF, QBs not on your team are used against you, and that has always stuck with me. They can definitely be the team changer, but is it more important to stop these guy7s from getting a QB?

Also, I know a lot of this is situational, that's why I will likely post about this again after the draft and sometime before the season. But if Daniels ends up in like NE, I'm not gonna be very keen on taking him anymore. I'm hoping he ends up in ATL (dream) or even maybe DEN could be a good fit if they move up for him.

Thoughts?
Team 1 | 2021 - Present | 2024 Champ

12 Team PPR SuperFlex
(1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1FLEX, 1SF, 1TE, K, DEF)
Passes are 4 - Rushes are 6

QB: Josh Allen, Dak Prescott

RB: Josh Jacobs, Kendre Miller, Ty Chandler, Zamir White, AJ Dillon

WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Quentin Johnston, Darnell Mooney, KJ Osborn, A.T. Perry, DJ Chark

TE: Trey McBride, Greg Dulcich, Irv Smith Jr,

Kicker is Butker Defense is Broncos (usually change defense somewhat weekly, N/A for off-season)

Taxi (no deadline): Tre Tucker, Israel Abanikanda, , Cameron Latu

'24 1.05, 1.08, 2.06, 2.09
'25 1st (1)
'26 1st (1)
'26 3rd (2)

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 1.05 Target? SF

Postby Paul717 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:41 am

I'd still be leaning QB. Agreed, don't let that QB be used against you!

I'm also not sold on NE being a landing spot that would make me sour on taking a QB in SF. I'd like to hear what others think on that specific topic though.

I'll admit my bias that I'm a huge McBride fan, and don't think Bowers is a need for your team in this format.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:02 am

daniels maye bowers have the most value as it stands currently. id be trying to trade pick 8 or your pair of 2nds for someone like christian watson/jamo/dotson and a first or something. i wanna make moves to build up that wr room. id also be moving your rbs minus kendre and maybe zamir (see if he can stick)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

laMONEY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby laMONEY » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:40 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:02 am daniels maye bowers have the most value as it stands currently. id be trying to trade pick 8 or your pair of 2nds for someone like christian watson/jamo/dotson and a first or something. i wanna make moves to build up that wr room. id also be moving your rbs minus kendre and maybe zamir (see if he can stick)
I like your thoughts, was really hoping to land Jacobs somewhere great in FA and then have just Zamir/Kendre too. My RBs aren't great and my WRs are thin for sure, I was planning on targeting BTjr/Troy Franklin with the 1.08 but am not opposed to shopping it. I guess we'll see after the draft, but I was hoping one of those guys end up in KC/Buffalo. Same with the seconds, I have some guys I like in the 2nd round but I agree with production > potential

laMONEY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby laMONEY » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:46 am

Paul717 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:41 am I'd still be leaning QB. Agreed, don't let that QB be used against you!

I'm also not sold on NE being a landing spot that would make me sour on taking a QB in SF. I'd like to hear what others think on that specific topic though.

I'll admit my bias that I'm a huge McBride fan, and don't think Bowers is a need for your team in this format.
I am also a biased McBride fan, got him for such a steal. But I kind of like having multiple tight ends, underrated position that can be highly sought and used as good trade weight if you have multiple worthy Tight Ends. Plus, sometimes I run two Tight Ends, I know it sounds weird but it's a rare strategy I like if you can do it. I won this past year and had McBride and Njoku, I wouldn't mind doing it again with Bowers/McBride

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm

With your roster in a 12tm league with no TEP, I'd forget about Bowers. I mean completely forget about him as a target for either of your first round picks.

Definitely go QB at 1.05. Then take a WR at 1.08.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:41 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm With your roster in a 12tm league with no TEP, I'd forget about Bowers. I mean completely forget about him as a target for either of your first round picks.

This is where I'm at like 99%.

The only thing that could possibly sway me is if bowers lands in a high flying situation and I'd possibly consider him at 8 only. I would take a qb with your 5 pick 10/10 and safely put this one to bed.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:50 am

Maye or Daniels if one is there.

At 1.08 you can be flexible. Likely WR but if the draft doesn't go as you think and you got Nabers at the 5th pick, then the next tier of QBs could also be considered. And of course trading the pick when on the clock.

laMONEY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby laMONEY » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:37 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:12 pm With your roster in a 12tm league with no TEP, I'd forget about Bowers. I mean completely forget about him as a target for either of your first round picks.

Definitely my original plan too, I have gotten such a mixed bag on this topic :lol: but I also believe in BPA, and just trading away great performers I don't need. I just won and going b2b would be cool, and I don't own a single of my own picks from next year, so I guess I need to compete lol.

laMONEY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby laMONEY » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:38 am

collbey wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:50 am Maye or Daniels if one is there.

At 1.08 you can be flexible. Likely WR but if the draft doesn't go as you think and you got Nabers at the 5th pick, then the next tier of QBs could also be considered. And of course trading the pick when on the clock.
I like this too, honestly would love Nabers and would rather have him, but my buddy has the 1.03 and is a huge Nabers guy. He really wants MHJ but the 1.01 isn't budging on him. I've tried making moved for the 1.03 but this guy won't do it

laMONEY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby laMONEY » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:41 am

Bennyblanco22 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:41 pm

This is where I'm at like 99%.

The only thing that could possibly sway me is if bowers lands in a high flying situation and I'd possibly consider him at 8 only. I would take a qb with your 5 pick 10/10 and safely put this one to bed.
Thanks for the thoughts, starting to sound like QB is the move due to the SF

Tobin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Tobin » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:27 am

At 1.05 Im taking whoever is left from maye/daniels...againe depends on landing spots too.... at 1.08 Im taking BPA
TEAM 1:
12 team 6pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,1Flex,1K,1DST
QB: Fields, Jones, Flacco, Browning
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Swift, K.Williams, J.Warren, Hunt
WR: J.Jefferson, Lamb, D.Adams, Pittman, London, M.Evans, R.Moore, E.Moore
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, Dulcich, Johnson, Otton

TEAM 2:
12 team 4pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,1Flex,1K,1DST
QB: Dak, Pickett, Levis, Browning
RB: Achaine, Gibbs, Spears, Javonte, Gibson
WR: Lamb, Pittman, DJM, J.Williams, JSN, Burks, J.Dotson, E.Moore,
TE: Hockenson, Ferguso, Dulcich, Musgrave

TEAM 3:
12 team 6pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 pp1 - Superflex, TE Premium
1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 2 Flex / SFlex
QB: Burrow, Richardson, Jones, O'Connell, Zappe
RB: Gibbs, K.Williams, Dobbins, CEH, R.Johnson
WR: Lamb, Pittman, G.Wilson, M.Brown, Sutton, Burks, Z.Jones, D.Douglas, Tillman
TE: Hockenson, Kincaid, Dulcich, Musgrave, Kraft