Cap league analysis?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cap league analysis?

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:49 pm

1QB Salary Cap league, where I am very, very much the spent big in the startup draft and then traded for expensive players (Gibbs was fine, Adams... ouch) so now I get the joy of managing a cash strapped team

My contracts that carry over add up to $311- Cap is $346 for 2024 and actually goes up 10% each year, hence me feeling comfortable spending for my expensive guys even tho their personal caps go up 10% each year. My remaining $35 has to also fill up our bench tho, and we can carry over up to $50 unused to the next season.

QB- Kirk Cousins- $2
RB1- Gibbs- $30
RB2- Achane $4
WR1- Jefferson- $70
WR2- Chase- $65
WR3- AJ Brown- $30
TE- Kittle $13
Flx1- Davante Adams- $42
Flx2- Waddle $27- (Currently have him offered for the 1.02, which would be $13)

Bench-
First injury/matchup option- James Cook $7
Trey Mcbride- $2 (Hoping to trade away Kittle during the season)
Pick 1.03- $13
Charbonnet $4
Pick 42- $2

And that's about it. My team started good then struggled with injuries to Cousins, Jefferson, and Chase, and Adams stinking. I also only acquired Gibbs near the end of the season. I could have fixed Qb earlier, but I thought Josh Dobbs and Sam Howell could be ok right after the injury and then the available QBs got taken up by others.

Free agent pool is slim, Stroud is going to be available tho and we'll have a 4 year contract to use. So I just hope the bidding war on him doesn't get too crazy. Purdy and Love also available, but then it's like Geno and Daniel Jones.

RB wise I'm probably pretty ok with those three, and the best available RBs are Rachaad White and Aaron Jones who'll probably go for too much to a more cash available team. Probably look for backup RBs on their team that could take over if an injury.

Wr I'm good, but 3WR and 2 flex can always use depth. My pick 3 will be Odunze most likely. Some solid options available at WR if I can get one for a value like Tee Higgins or Devonta Smith or Tank Dell or Metcalf. Deebo and Aiyul too, WR is about the only position with quality available.

TE I feel very good that my cheap McBride is looking up or I'd be in a problem there as well. Kittle stinks that 12 games a year he just plays left tackle. Kelce and Andrews available tho, so hopefully other teams just put their money there.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol