2024 Combine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

2024 Combine

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:47 am

The combine is here. TE on Friday and QB/RB/WR on Saturday

Anyone you are waiting to see some definitive numbers on?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2024 Combine

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:15 am

All I really care about is TE RAS and then looking for red flags. The rest is so meaningless compared to watching film.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:23 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:15 am All I really care about is TE RAS and then looking for red flags. The rest is so meaningless compared to watching film.
I'm curious to see Bowers' exact measurements. There's still the lingering criticism that he's undersized. Can't imagine it changes my POV at all, but I'm curious!

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:12 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:23 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:15 am All I really care about is TE RAS and then looking for red flags. The rest is so meaningless compared to watching film.
I'm curious to see Bowers' exact measurements. There's still the lingering criticism that he's undersized. Can't imagine it changes my POV at all, but I'm curious!
Yeah, I’ll be watching him closely as well. I watch tape on him and see a very good player but I’m not seeing the transcendental player that everyone else seems to see. I’m not seeing the “WOW!” plays I saw when watching Kelce, Kittle or Hockenson even though those guys didn’t post the college stats that Bowers did.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think he’ll succeed, just if he really is all that.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:01 pm

If there's an athletic mega-freak hiding in plain sight at RB this year, then I personally would like to know about.

Given that the whole RB class is basically a dice roll, you might as well bet on athletic traits if it lines up with the film in any way. Just one man's opinion.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:21 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:01 pm
If there's an athletic mega-freak hiding in plain sight at RB this year, then I personally would like to know about.

Given that the whole RB class is basically a dice roll, you might as well bet on athletic traits if it lines up with the film in any way. Just one man's opinion.
I keep hearing Brooks name as the RB1, but we'll have to be patient as he comes off the ACL tear.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:24 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:21 pm I keep hearing Brooks name as the RB1, but we'll have to be patient as he comes off the ACL tear.
That's my guy thus far. Currently in consideration for my early 2nds - if he even lasts that long.

Worth noting that the Cowboys team doctors did his surgery, FYI.

They have more information than anyone else currently on how that looks. If their value meets need on him, he's the natural contender to fly up the draft boards come draft day.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:46 pm

I said it a while back, but Jaylen Wright is going to be one of the biggest post-combine winners.

He made Bruce Feldman's annual "Freaks List" in preseason a few years back. The numbers he did in combine workouts in the offseason are fantastic. He's already shown he's arguably the best home-run hitter in this class. Turns 21 in April.

Eyes on Braelon Allen as well to see what he can actually do at 6'2, 240.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:46 pm

I said it a while back, but Jaylen Wright is going to be one of the biggest post-combine
That’s what I’m afraid of , I bet if I drafted today I can get him in the 3rd round in most drafts , I wouldn’t be shocked to see him at the back end of round 1 if he does what I think he can do . I’d rather he was just average at the combine so I can snatch him later everywhere .

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:55 am

KingsKing wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 pm

I said it a while back, but Jaylen Wright is going to be one of the biggest post-combine
That’s what I’m afraid of , I bet if I drafted today I can get him in the 3rd round in most drafts , I wouldn’t be shocked to see him at the back end of round 1 if he does what I think he can do . I’d rather he was just average at the combine so I can snatch him later everywhere .
I hope you guys are correct and someone falls in love with his 40. His blocking was responsible for an awful lot of his success. I didn’t see him creating much at all for himself and he goes down pretty readily on contact. On top of that he doesn’t add much as a receiver, which usually is something smallish backs like him need to have in their toolbox. Ball security is also a question. He’s fast but there’s not much elusiveness in his game.

That deep speed is eye opening for sure, but there’s way more to playing RB in the NFL than that. Someone else is likely to draft him before I’d burn a pick on him.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:56 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:55 am

I hope you guys are correct and someone falls in love with his 40. His blocking was responsible for an awful lot of his success. I didn’t see him creating much at all for himself and he goes down pretty readily on contact. On top of that he doesn’t add much as a receiver, which usually is something smallish backs like him need to have in their toolbox. Ball security is also a question. He’s fast but there’s not much elusiveness in his game.

That deep speed is eye opening for sure, but there’s way more to playing RB in the NFL than that. Someone else is likely to draft him before I’d burn a pick on him.
31% missed tackle rate. 4.4 yards after contact. Pretty solid for being non elusive and going down easily. I don't see a featured back, but could be a game breaker in any scheme and doesn't need a ton of usage to do it. In a class lacking like this at RB, I'd be fine swinging for the fences with that level of speed, explosion, and athleticism.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:28 am

Caleb Williams isn't throwing at the combine. Harrison isn't testing and supposedly won't do a pro day either

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:28 am Caleb Williams isn't throwing at the combine. Harrison isn't testing and supposedly won't do a pro day either
While disappointing to us, I can't blame them. In the same way I don't blame guys for missing their bowl games.

Unless the NFL starts punishing these choices in the draft, the smart move is to take a pass.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:43 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:40 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:28 am Caleb Williams isn't throwing at the combine. Harrison isn't testing and supposedly won't do a pro day either
While disappointing to us, I can't blame them. In the same way I don't blame guys for missing their bowl games.

Unless the NFL starts punishing these choices in the draft, the smart move is to take a pass.
Correct. There's nothing to gain unless you just want to entertain people for free.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:56 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:55 am

31% missed tackle rate. 4.4 yards after contact. Pretty solid for being non elusive and going down easily. I don't see a featured back, but could be a game breaker in any scheme and doesn't need a ton of usage to do it. In a class lacking like this at RB, I'd be fine swinging for the fences with that level of speed, explosion, and athleticism.
If you watch film on him and you don’t see a guy who goes down pretty easily I don’t know what to tell you. I do know his O linemen were regularly getting well downfield blocking and his receivers were dedicated to it as well. I don’t consider someone throwing an arm out and then getting pulverized by a rampaging OT as a missed tackle or 3-4 OLs getting behind him after he’s wrapped up and pushing the pile another 6 yards before the pile collapses. Those were regular occurrences for him. But if you watch film and see a rugged runner, then absolutely jump up and get him on your roster.