2024 Combine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2024 Combine

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:01 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm I don't mind saying I don't get these boards love of JJM whatsoever. I think he's very unimpressive and understand he may be a little "raw" which is exciting for a team to develop I just think his high end outcome is Andy Dalton and that may be a reach too.
He was putting throws in NFL sized windows at UM. Poised, managed the team well and his teammates loved him. I saw a lot to like in game film both as a passer and when he used his legs. What I saw yesterday confirmed the passing and athletic capability and doing a lot of the little things right except for not opening his shoulders quite enough throwing long outs to his left. He’s got a lot of positives that I really like even though UM chose not to showcase him - because they didn’t need to.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:49 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:01 pm
Mike11 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm I don't mind saying I don't get these boards love of JJM whatsoever. I think he's very unimpressive and understand he may be a little "raw" which is exciting for a team to develop I just think his high end outcome is Andy Dalton and that may be a reach too.
He was putting throws in NFL sized windows at UM. Poised, managed the team well and his teammates loved him. I saw a lot to like in game film both as a passer and when he used his legs. What I saw yesterday confirmed the passing and athletic capability and doing a lot of the little things right except for not opening his shoulders quite enough throwing long outs to his left. He’s got a lot of positives that I really like even though UM chose not to showcase him - because they didn’t need to.
The story has been they didn’t need to showcase him I just generally find him unimpressive and think he’s going to flop big time. Anyone going for him end of the first early second feels like fools gold but I get if he gets round 1 capital you take your shot. I just don’t think he should be in the conversation as a first rounder in the real nfl, I don’t get how he’s a better prospect than Will Levis and I’m not even a Levis guy. I’ll sit back and eat crow if I’m wrong I just hope everyone on here gassing him up has seriously tempered expectations.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:49 pm
The story has been they didn’t need to showcase him I just generally find him unimpressive and think he’s going to flop big time. Anyone going for him end of the first early second feels like fools gold but I get if he gets round 1 capital you take your shot. I just don’t think he should be in the conversation as a first rounder in the real nfl, I don’t get how he’s a better prospect than Will Levis and I’m not even a Levis guy. I’ll sit back and eat crow if I’m wrong I just hope everyone on here gassing him up has seriously tempered expectations.
Levis has more mechanical flaws in his game than JJM, and he doesn't read the field nearly as well. I don't think that's an apt comparison. And I'm not really beating the drum for McCarthy. But I'd wager McCarthy has a longer career in the league than Levis does. I've been wrong before though.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:38 pm

McCarthy will be a 21 year old rookie. Levis turns 25 this summer.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:41 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:38 pm McCarthy will be a 21 year old rookie. Levis turns 25 this summer.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:52 pm

On a football note and not as a fantasy asset. I'm hearing lots of people talking about him being easily the QB4 and quite a few thinking he doesn't get out of the top 8 picks. Some saying he might go QB2!
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 am

Top 10 NFL drafted QB. No reason to avoid him in rookie drafts.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:06 am

The NFL kind of dictates this one. If JJM is a top-15 NFL pick, he's surely worth taking a shot on in the first round of an SF draft. Players like that tend to get a pretty long leash. I'll accept that I might get a Mack Jones every now and again. Rookie picks are risky, I'll take my shot at the ~1.09. If a QB can hold the job, even the mediocre ones are useful in SF.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:19 am

Theoretically, say Vikings don’t keep Kirk, but trade into top 10 and draft JJM. Where would you put JJM in rookie drafts? Good draft capital. Almost couldn’t have a better situation with the pass happy offense and weapons there.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:50 am

frerichs5 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:19 am Theoretically, say Vikings don’t keep Kirk, but trade into top 10 and draft JJM. Where would you put JJM in rookie drafts? Good draft capital. Almost couldn’t have a better situation with the pass happy offense and weapons there.
Top 8 in SF easily. Could see QB needy teams taking him 5th prior to Bowers/Odunze

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:58 am

Mike11 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:49 pm
Well, this is all part of the fun of this time of year. Projecting future production of draftees is an imperfect science. Only time will tell, but in the meantime we can discuss the possibilities. For me, I’d take McCarthy straight up for Levis right now and I think Levis has a decent chance to succeed as a long term starter.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:59 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 am Top 10 NFL drafted QB. No reason to avoid him in rookie drafts.
IF he's drafted early, then sure, might as well bet on him. Was it not Levis that was once heavily rumored to be going as first overall?

Reality is, we just don't know what the NFL thinks of some of these guys yet. They probably don't have any solid opinion quite yet at this point in the process.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:14 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:59 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 am Top 10 NFL drafted QB. No reason to avoid him in rookie drafts.
IF he's drafted early, then sure, might as well bet on him. Was it not Levis that was once heavily rumored to be going as first overall?

Reality is, we just don't know what the NFL thinks of some of these guys yet. They probably don't have any solid opinion quite yet at this point in the process.
That’s where you come in, my guy!

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:52 am

in non TE Prem I now have BTJ as my WR4 and ahead of Bowers

and yes I just spammed tghis opinion across a handful of threads
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:00 am

yinzername wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:52 am in non TE Prem I now have BTJ as my WR4 and ahead of Bowers

and yes I just spammed tghis opinion across a handful of threads
You were also generous with number of letters used :D