2024 Combine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: 2024 Combine

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:25 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:22 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:04 am Lots of great stuff coming out of the combine. Watching the rest of the WRs today, but based on what I've seen, and the numbers, guys that improved their stock:

Risers: QB—JJM and Penix; RB—Benson, Wright;WR—Odunze, Worthy, Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey, Pearsall; TE—Johnson.

Whether that's 40 time, broad jump, RAS, gauntlet, whatever.
JJM was a riser? Just on the quick highlights I saw him miss atleast a half dozen throws.
You're not wrong, but overall impressive. Check this out from CBS:

"There were some outbreaking routes to the left that McCarthy sailed, but he was impressive otherwise. He got his footwork down and was ripping some balls over the middle. McCarthy registered the second-highest velocity on the day, and that showed on deep balls."

I think he's still the QB4 but Penix is close.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:26 pm

This is a great winner/loser post. I agree with this entirely.

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/n ... -228042994
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:27 pm

D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:40 pm

DJB wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:24 am So now everyone loves Mitchell after I’ve been touting him all off-season?!?!

He’s been my boy all season so join the bandwagon!
Some of us prefer staying quiet about it around these parts :thumbup:

But by all means sir, drive the bus

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:54 pm

mild wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:40 pm
DJB wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:24 am So now everyone loves Mitchell after I’ve been touting him all off-season?!?!

He’s been my boy all season so join the bandwagon!
Some of us prefer staying quiet about it around these parts :thumbup:

But by all means sir, drive the bus
I was in on him early, saw a chart for YPRR that was very concerning, but then really liked his combine. So I'm personally blending analytics with combine and the next step is draft capital.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:54 pm

McConkey or Mitchell—who are you taking?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:03 pm

Lumps wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:06 pm
AZK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:46 am
Lumps wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 pm Goodness, Franklin looks horrific in the gauntlet. Maybe the worst I've seen.
Missed it, was it worse than Laquon Treadwell's?
I don’t recall Treadwell’s so I can’t compare.

PFF was using their speed in the gauntlet to try to prove Coleman is fast by comparing him to Franklin. Except the reality was, Franklin was running like 5 MPH slower than the top WRs in the gauntlet and weaving 3 yards each direction while bobbling.
It started like this and ended way way worse! Ran slower then every other WR and was all over the place dropping passes.
Attachments
usa-today-9143057.0.jpg
usa-today-9143057.0.jpg (170.34 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:39 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:04 am Lots of great stuff coming out of the combine. Watching the rest of the WRs today, but based on what I've seen, and the numbers, guys that improved their stock:

Risers: QB—JJM and Penix; RB—Benson, Wright;WR—Odunze, Worthy, Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey, Pearsall; TE—Johnson.

JJM was a riser? Just on the quick highlights I saw him miss atleast a half dozen throws.
Truth be told, J.J. McCarthy threw more completions at the combine than Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, and Drake Maye combined.

You really need to understand what you're looking at in this situation. Half the challenge of delivering an accurate pass is knowing where your receiver will be at the target point. Being unfamiliar with the receivers in this scenario, you really don't know a player's speed or how fast they will be coming out of their breaks. If you're really worried about McCarthy's accuracy you could just watch some of his game tape.

I'm not sure if he did much to raise his standing at the combine, but his passes did look pretty, he showed great enthusiasm for his teammates, and he did post the second best throwing velocity. In my unprofessional opinion, some lucky NFL team will be able to nab a great QB in the middle of the first round.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:59 pm

Looked great to me. Great footwork and set a solid platform immediately. Ball comes right up to his ear and out quickly. Spins the ball a ton. Was throwing 30 yds downfield on a line effortlessly. Missed on a couple of 30 yd outs to the left on slight overthrows and one that was ankle high. Missed on a couple of deep throws that were overthrows but was getting the ball 55 yds +/- downfield without a bunch or arc. Looked great on his spots to the sideline.

Lot of positives to take away. There’s going to be some misses given the circumstances.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:03 pm

Really hoping JJM is there for the Broncos at 12. Been hearing major rumors about him to MIN.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:22 am

Interesting video of side by side of Lloyd and Corum in the obstacle course

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Hh2ife ... tid=0VwfS7

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm

I don't mind saying I don't get these boards love of JJM whatsoever. I think he's very unimpressive and understand he may be a little "raw" which is exciting for a team to develop I just think his high end outcome is Andy Dalton and that may be a reach too.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:24 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm I don't mind saying I don't get these boards love of JJM whatsoever. I think he's very unimpressive and understand he may be a little "raw" which is exciting for a team to develop I just think his high end outcome is Andy Dalton and that may be a reach too.
I'm not chasing him but if he falls in Superflex I may take a flier. I'm not in love with him.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:29 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm I don't mind saying I don't get these boards love of JJM whatsoever. I think he's very unimpressive and understand he may be a little "raw" which is exciting for a team to develop I just think his high end outcome is Andy Dalton and that may be a reach too.
He has nice tools overall, but we haven't seen him really be more than a game manager in college. It doesn't mean he can't do it, but it just means you have to make more of a projection and that team fit will matter a lot more towards his outcome.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:42 pm

If u guaranteed me I could draft the first 7 years of Andy Dalton as my QB2/3 at 1.08 in SF right now, I’d smash
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill