Unattractive RB buys

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Unattractive RB buys

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:56 pm

I was thinking about guys who may outproduce their cost to acquire over the next couple years. What do ya’ll think of Alvin Kamara? Finished RB11 in only 13 games played. Probably has a year or two left in the tank maybe. Would a mid-late 2nd in SF on a contender needing RB help be about right? Where is his fair market price.

Same thing for Swift. A name that isn’t high on the market but could be serviceable as a depth RB/flex. What is his cost to acquire early-mid 2nd in SF?

Any other names anyone would suggest that don’t have the “fun” factor appeal on the market, but might be productive?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Unattractive RB buys

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:06 pm

Far as I can tell, basically every running back that's 26 or older (except for CMC). No long-term upside, but the production is cheap.

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 pm

To be honest at this point in the offseason I think most RBs are unattractive buys. Outside of maybe the top 3-4 there aren't many I'd be okay with paying up for.
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB- Dowdle, Mitchell
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:13 pm

mzkp54 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 pm To be honest at this point in the offseason I think most RBs are unattractive buys. Outside of maybe the top 3-4 there aren't many I'd be okay with paying up for.
So, let’s assume you own Kamara and Swift. In a vacuum, what would someone have to offer you pick-wise to get you to move off them?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:43 pm

Henry should be fairly cheap. If he hits the right market it could be a league winner next year.

*Unless it's BAL...then he'll be on the IR by week 6.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:43 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:13 pm
mzkp54 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 pm To be honest at this point in the offseason I think most RBs are unattractive buys. Outside of maybe the top 3-4 there aren't many I'd be okay with paying up for.
So, let’s assume you own Kamara and Swift. In a vacuum, what would someone have to offer you pick-wise to get you to move off them?
If I am trying to be fair. Kamara, I still think he will be a RB 2 type RB production. I would be searching for a late 1st or hold hoping someone mid season will get needy. Swift I don't have as much faith so early-mid 2nd.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Wasn’t addressed to me, but if it was…it depends.

If I have them on a contender, I’d want more than you will pay.

If I have them on a rebuilder, I’d rather sell for a 25 2nd than a contenders late 2nd this year and hope something happens to the team it ends up earlier. Haha

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:35 pm

Chubb and Stevenson might be worth throwing a line in the pond on.

Chubb still has the ability to lead the league in rushing with sufficient TDs, and his negative recency bias may get you a good price. Sell a good story about how he’s likely to give up work to Ford.

Stevenson will have a new coaching staff to work with, and with so many holes to fill starting with QB that I don’t see NE burning a lot of draft capital at the RB spot. He could end up being that now very rare bell cow and he’s got the game to do it. He ought to be at discount rack prices.

Montgomery might be interesting if you sell the Gibbs angle on his workload cap. That offense is dynamic and the major coaching parts are all sticking. I don’t see a role/workload change.

Wallace owners might sell for a bargain. They’ve got to be crushed after this past season and you can definitely sell the Charbonnet emerging story. I do see Charbonnet being a bigger piece of the O but Walker is a homerun guy and an injury getting him another 15%+ workload would make for a good investment.

Other than that, there’s so many decent FA pieces this year and I do believe this draft class is better than what is being projected - and not that there’s a hidden superstar but that they as a group look competent enough to chew up workload and upset some current RB depth charts - that a lot of situations are going to be potentially very unpredictable.

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:21 pm

Late 1st or 2 2nds. Otherwise I'd hold and sell during the season when RBs are worth more
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB- Dowdle, Mitchell
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:35 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:43 pm Henry should be fairly cheap. If he hits the right market it could be a league winner next year.

*Unless it's BAL...then he'll be on the IR by week 6.
…of the camp season
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:23 pm

I agree. I am not buying RB's at this time of year, let someone else hold that risk.
If I get into October, and need a RB, I'll look to buy one then.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:31 pm

I'm wondering about Chuba Hubbard. He produced very nicely for teams in which I owned him. Perhaps is he the 2024 version of 2023 Devin Singletary?

Midway through 2023 on a large payout best ball dynasty, I moved Kendre Miller & Mims Jr. for Chuba & Zack Moss. It helped to secure me 1st place. I enjoy making moves like that.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:05 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:35 pm Chubb and Stevenson might be worth throwing a line in the pond on.

Chubb still has the ability to lead the league in rushing with sufficient TDs, and his negative recency bias may get you a good price. Sell a good story about how he’s likely to give up work to Ford.
I like the Chubb call. On a contending team I'm paying a late 2nd in 1QB on the chance Chubb is a league winner. He'll probably bust but if he hits, he could hit big at cost.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:22 am

I think Derrick Henry is a massive buy for any 2nd round pick. The Titans' OL was pretty bad last year but Henry's advanced metrics were still really, really good. It seems like he's heading towards a contender and I can think of a number of juicy destinations that could result in top10 production for another season or two: Baltimore, Philadelphia, Dallas, Cincinnati, Houston, LA Chargers, etc.

I'd rather invest in Henry for another 1-2 seasons than pay-up for younger, unproven guy like K. Miller or Z. Charbonnet. And I'd rather Henry's production & floor over some backs that I don't think have as firm of a grip on their starting role as the market would suggest like I. Pacheco, R. Stevenson, D. Swift, R. White (assuming Henry is cheaper than those guys).
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:28 pm

I like Kamara, for now, and a few more years at least. People had him written off, was RB9 in my 1 PPR league. He's 28, still got it.

Agree on the Henry love, I'm still trotting him out (same team with Kamara on it).

Some under the tradar guys that could emerge—Conner, Ford, Warren, Jacobs, ZWhite, Chandler, Singletary, Allgeier, Brian Robinson.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble