Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:06 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:39 pm
Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:24 pm If SF holds out for a 1st, that could kill any deal.
The report is a mid-1st + a player.

Hard to see him getting moved at that price, but I think once we have the draft rolling, we might easily see it at a late 1st or even early 2nd - if SF likes who they're seeing on the board at that present pick.
:shock: That belongs in the Bad Offers thread. I get that it's their "opening offer" but ...

In the end, if he's traded, the pick part of it will be no more than a 2nd. IF he's traded.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:33 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:24 pm
mild wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:11 pm
Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:21 pm Aiyuk unfollows 49ers on social media.
With the draft coming up, where are the best landing spots for my man Aiyuk?
I'm thinking Miami or Arizona
You've gotta understand what you're saying - if a team trades for Aiyuk, they're going to have to commit to giving him a top-market extension.

The Dolphins in particular - who are still trying to hammer out an extension for Tua - are already committed to 31 million Tyreek Hills in 2024 and 2025, and then 56 million Tyreek Hills in 2026.

Now I know what you're thinking: that's a lot of Tyreek Hills. And you would be right.

Arizona are in the drivers seat to have a cheap Marvin Harrison Jr. for the next 4 years. The need doesn't fit here, unless they trade down and deem Aiyuk a better path.
I agree. Miami is a difficult fit from a salary cap perspective.

With MHJr being on a rookie deal and Murray's deal looking like a good deal as far as QB deals go, I could see a fit there. Front load a deal for Aiyuk where a lot of the money counts in 2025, while Arizona still have a lot of room. Then go into 2024 giving Murray the sort of receiver set-up Burrow was given in Cincy, or Tua was given in Miami. I'm not saying it's likely, but it is a great fit and it is very possible. The biggest sticking point I see is SF demanding too much in return. I think the market for a disgruntled WR is set at around a 2nd. If SF holds out for a 1st, that could kill any deal.
Kyler's the 6th highest paid QB this season, I wouldn't say that's all that good. Also, I find it hard to believe the 49ers trade within the division unless there's a serious premium added.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:33 am
mild wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:11 pm

You've gotta understand what you're saying - if a team trades for Aiyuk, they're going to have to commit to giving him a top-market extension.

The Dolphins in particular - who are still trying to hammer out an extension for Tua - are already committed to 31 million Tyreek Hills in 2024 and 2025, and then 56 million Tyreek Hills in 2026.

Now I know what you're thinking: that's a lot of Tyreek Hills. And you would be right.

Arizona are in the drivers seat to have a cheap Marvin Harrison Jr. for the next 4 years. The need doesn't fit here, unless they trade down and deem Aiyuk a better path.

With MHJr being on a rookie deal and Murray's deal looking like a good deal as far as QB deals go, I could see a fit there. Front load a deal for Aiyuk where a lot of the money counts in 2025, while Arizona still have a lot of room. Then go into 2024 giving Murray the sort of receiver set-up Burrow was given in Cincy, or Tua was given in Miami. I'm not saying it's likely, but it is a great fit and it is very possible. The biggest sticking point I see is SF demanding too much in return. I think the market for a disgruntled WR is set at around a 2nd. If SF holds out for a 1st, that could kill any deal.
Kyler's the 6th highest paid QB this season, I wouldn't say that's all that good. Also, I find it hard to believe the 49ers trade within the division unless there's a serious premium added.
Not to derail this but Murray's contract is even worse than that from a cap hit perspective. He's #4 on that list at $49M. That said ARZ does have plenty of cap space left and NFL teams seem to be able to engineer that anyway.

Fully agree that SFO would be unlikely to deal him in the division.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:33 am

Not to derail this but Murray's contract is even worse than that from a cap hit perspective. He's #4 on that list at $49M. That said ARZ does have plenty of cap space left and NFL teams seem to be able to engineer that anyway.

Fully agree that SFO would be unlikely to deal him in the division.
For sure. I do think teams have creative ways around the cap so if SF think’s Ayuik is toxic, they need to work it out. They have a great mix and realistically are the top of the NFC. If they get rid of him, they certainly have a plan to replace him.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:46 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 am For sure. I do think teams have creative ways around the cap so if SF think’s Ayuik is toxic, they need to work it out. They have a great mix and realistically are the top of the NFC. If they get rid of him, they certainly have a plan to replace him.
Aiyuk wanting a proper contract is not "toxic". :roll:

If I was arguably one of the 10 best humans in the world at my profession, and I was about to enter year 5 of doing that job whilst doing the last 4 years of it at a bottom percentile pay grade - I would also do everything in my power to rectify that situation, and get paid what I deserved.

In the world of the NFL, where a career ending injury is always one snap away - I wouldn't risk my career playing without future assurances either, if I could help it.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 pm

mild wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:46 pm
TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 am For sure. I do think teams have creative ways around the cap so if SF think’s Ayuik is toxic, they need to work it out. They have a great mix and realistically are the top of the NFC. If they get rid of him, they certainly have a plan to replace him.

If I was arguably one of the 10 best humans in the world at my profession, and I was about to enter year 5 of doing that job whilst doing the last 4 years of it at a bottom percentile pay grade - I would also do everything in my power to rectify that situation, and get paid what I deserved.

In the world of the NFL, where a career ending injury is always one snap away - I wouldn't risk my career playing without future assurances either, if I could help it.
I’m sorry, I meant viral not toxic. lol

I just meant that disgruntlement with a team that is vying for a title is never good. Every player in the NFL has a right to think about himself first, but to a team, what Ayuik is doing is detrimental to the rest of the team. Usually makes sense to move on from him.
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke

Picks

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:32 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 pm

I just meant that disgruntlement with a team that is vying for a title is never good. Every player in the NFL has a right to think about himself first, but to a team, what Ayuik is doing is detrimental to the rest of the team. Usually makes sense to move on from him.
This type of phrasing of the situation puts all the "bad acting" on the player. The Player is "thinking about himself." The Player is "detrimental". The Player is "disgruntled".

I prefer to put the responsibility for the situation on the party that controls the situation. The Team decided to underpay the player. The Team decided to not offer the player a contract commiserate with his production. The Team is demanding an overpay to trade the player to any other team willing to pay the player a fair price for the skill he has worked so hard and diligently to build, and for his services. Because of these actions, the Team is behaving in a manner detrimental to the best interest of the Team's unity and sense of camaraderie among its players.

Everyone (fans, other teams, other players) agrees Aiyuk is vastly underpaid. AFAIK, everyone (including the people who own & run the team) has absolutely zero complaints about Aiyuk as a player, locker room presence, man, off the field, etc. Other than complaining about him complaining about not being fairly compensated, I have not heard anyone say one bad word about Aiyuk.

If only the Team cared more about building a group of men who felt the Team had the team's best interest at heart.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:39 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:32 am
TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 pm

This type of phrasing of the situation puts all the "bad acting" on the player. The Player is "thinking about himself." The Player is "detrimental". The Player is "disgruntled".

I prefer to put the responsibility for the situation on the party that controls the situation. The Team decided to underpay the player. The Team decided to not offer the player a contract commiserate with his production. The Team is demanding an overpay to trade the player to any other team willing to pay the player a fair price for the skill he has worked so hard and diligently to build, and for his services. Because of these actions, the Team is behaving in a manner detrimental to the best interest of the Team's unity and sense of camaraderie among its players.

Everyone (fans, other teams, other players) agrees Aiyuk is vastly underpaid. AFAIK, everyone (including the people who own & run the team) has absolutely zero complaints about Aiyuk as a player, locker room presence, man, off the field, etc. Other than complaining about him complaining about not being fairly compensated, I have not heard anyone say one bad word about Aiyuk.

If only the Team cared more about building a group of men who felt the Team had the team's best interest at heart.
No doubt. The team plays apart of this delimma too. The situation is toxic. I just don’t want the NFL to turn into the NBA. That is a joke
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:07 am

didn't deebo go down the same route a couple of years ago? (or was it last year?)

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:14 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:07 amdidn't deebo go down the same route a couple of years ago? (or was it last year?)
Offseason 2022, following 2021 season.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deeb ... extension/
There will be no in-season drama regarding Deebo Samuel and his contract. The All-Pro receiver and the 49ers have agreed to three-year, $71.55 million extension ...The extension will make Samuel among the league's highest-paid receivers, a group that also includes Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, and Cooper Kupp.

Samuel reportedly requested a trade in April following a standout 2021 campaign. The 49ers expressed optimism that they could reach a new deal with Samuel after he reported to training camp last week.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:32 pm

Simply put, The world doesn't work that way because they can't.

If you really think about it, San Fran handed him security of $6,673,704 before he ever even took a snap in the league and his entire contract was guaranteed. Now San Fran just guaranteed him 14.1 million this year.

In essence the 49's guaranteed him 20.73 million against injury. His situation is no different than Lamb outside of the fact of a few million due to draft position.

Both players will probably get new deals and while deserving, they may have to play out their contracts and negotiate via the threat of the F tag next year.

The players will play hard because they have a 100 million plus contract to look forward to someday if they keep up their pace of play.

Too many want to paint one side or the other as a bad guy. Bottom line, the players signed a 1st round contract as a rookie and knew full well what they were signing.

They got exactly what they deserved in their first contract and will also get what they deserve when they sign the next one.

This is nothing more than the business of football.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:57 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:32 pm

Simply put, The world doesn't work that way because they can't.

If you really think about it, San Fran handed him security of $6,673,704 before he ever even took a snap in the league and his entire contract was guaranteed. Now San Fran just guaranteed him 14.1 million this year.

In essence the 49's guaranteed him 20.73 million against injury. His situation is no different than Lamb outside of the fact of a few million due to draft position.

Both players will probably get new deals and while deserving, they may have to play out their contracts and negotiate via the threat of the F tag next year.

The players will play hard because they have a 100 million plus contract to look forward to someday if they keep up their pace of play.

Too many want to paint one side or the other as a bad guy. Bottom line, the players signed a 1st round contract as a rookie and knew full well what they were signing.

They got exactly what they deserved in their first contract and will also get what they deserve when they sign the next one.

This is nothing more than the business of football.
No doubt. The one thing that is for sure is that SF puts the team first so whatever is decided with Ayuik, will be the best interest of the organization.
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks