Trying to get 1.01 in 1 QB League

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Trying to get 1.01 in 1 QB League

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:43 pm

So, I have very few picks this year in my Dynasty #3—full team in signature.
12-man, 1 ppr, we start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d.
I was in 1st/2nd all year, lost after BYE week. Brutal.

I'm trying to get the 1.01 pick to get Harrison. I think I have the depth to do it.

I've started with an offer of Diggs + Henry + Ferguson for the 1.01
I know it's light but...this league, you never know. It's not insulting.

What feels like a more likely offer? What can I give up?

My team (starters in BOLD):

QB: Allen (Lamar)
RB: Kamara, Henry/Jacobs (Warren, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford)
WR: Lamb, Pacua, DJM, Olave/Diggs (Downs, Tillman, Iosivas, Tucker)
TE: Andrews (Likely, Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Kraft)
K
D

Their team is not great bad (went 4-10):

Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB 309.70 9 Trade
Levis, Will TEN QB (R) (Q) 132.40 7 Trade
Pickett, Kenny PIT QB 136.20 6 Trade

Mattison, Alexander MIN RB 133.50 13 Trade
Sanders, Miles CAR RB 90.30 7 Trade
Walker III, Kenneth SEA RB 190.50 5 Trade
Williams, Jamaal NOS RB 48.40 11 Trade
Beckham, Odell BAL WR 109.50 13 Trade

Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR 257.90 7 Trade
Hyatt, Jalin NYG WR (R) (Q) 58.80 13 Trade
Jefferson, Van ATL WR 38.00 11 Trade
Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR 124.90 9 Trade
Marshall, Terrace CAR WR 31.40 7 Trade
Moore, Rondale ARI WR 97.80 14 Trade
Robinson, Allen PIT WR (Q) 62.00 6 Trade
Samuel, Curtis WAS WR 152.20 14 Trade
Woods, Robert HOU WR 89.50 7 Trade

Gesicki, Mike NEP TE 63.90 11 Trade
Henry, Hunter NEP TE (I) 119.90 11 Trade
Mayer, Michael LVR TE (R) (I) 71.40 13 Trade
Smith Jr., Irv CIN TE 35.50 7 Trade
Washington, Darnell PIT TE (R) 13.10 6 Trade

Elliott, Jake PHI PK 161.90 10 Trade

Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def 119.00 5 Trade
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 93.00 7 Trade

25 TOTAL PLAYERS

INJURED RESERVE
Chubb, Nick CLE RB (I) 23.10 5 Trade

THANKS!
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trying to get 1.01 in 1 QB League

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm

Based on your build and format, from the other managers perspective, I am guessing Lamb, Nacua, or Olave will have to be involved in any deal to try and land the 1.01. I don't think your initial offer has much hope based on ages and Diggs limping to the finish line in fantasy last year.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm Based on your build and format, from the other managers perspective, I am guessing Lamb, Nacua, or Olave will have to be involved in any deal to try and land the 1.01. I don't think your initial offer has much hope based on ages and Diggs limping to the finish line in fantasy last year.
Yeah, I figure one piece that hurts will be involved. Lamb I want to keep. Nacua or Olave (especially) I could move.

Diggs + Olave + Henry + Ferg maybe?

I guess the question I'm not asking here, too, is...is it worth it to give up this much for Harrison?
On this offer I can move them all, except Lamb. And feels stupid to give up Nacua in HOPES of getting him back in Harrison.
The only other thing I could do is add 2025 picks if I want to keep my younger pieces.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:25 pm

Unless the owner of 1.1 got it through trade and is not just bad, they are probably not interested in guys like Henry and Diggs.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:30 pm

Nightmares wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:25 pm Unless the owner of 1.1 got it through trade and is not just bad, they are probably not interested in guys like Henry and Diggs.
No, it's honestly gotten. Yeah, that's the fear.
My concern is they'll want 3-4 pieces and I'm not giving up a WR1 + 2-3 pieces to get a WR1.
I'm not trying to give four quarters for a dollar, more like three dollars for two dollars (or something like that)

I wouldn't be against giving Lamar, but in 1 QB not sure they'll care.
I don't have young stud RBs, and don't think Ford or Warren matter.
My TEs are not great beyond Andrews, Ferg is the best I can offer.
So that leaves my WR.

It may have to be names/illusions and picks to get it.

Diggs + Olave + Jacobs (or Henry) + Ferguson + 25 1st.

I could live with that. Would like to keep the 1st if I could.

I may have better luck coming in with WR + 25 1st to get the 1.02 or 1.03 when they're on the clock, to get Nabers or Odunze instead.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 pm Based on your build and format, from the other managers perspective, I am guessing Lamb, Nacua, or Olave will have to be involved in any deal to try and land the 1.01. I don't think your initial offer has much hope based on ages and Diggs limping to the finish line in fantasy last year.
Yeah, I figure one piece that hurts will be involved. Lamb I want to keep. Nacua or Olave (especially) I could move.

I guess the question I'm not asking here, too, is...is it worth it to give up this much for Harrison?
On this offer I can move them all, except Lamb. And feels stupid to give up Nacua in HOPES of getting him back in Harrison.
The only other thing I could do is add 2025 picks if I want to keep my younger pieces.
That may be closer because of Olave, but it's hard to say. If the team is rebuilding, Diggs and Henry do little here as even their flipping value is ify. This is the problem with the 1.01 every year...it's really expensive. It may take a different Olave+?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:38 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm

That may be closer because of Olave, but it's hard to say. If the team is rebuilding, Diggs and Henry do little here as even their flipping value is ify. This is the problem with the 1.01 every year...it's really expensive. It may take a different Olave+?
So assuming he wants younger assets what can I offer that doesn't give up all of my youth?
I don't want to trade Olave + Puka and end up getting just Puka back. Won't move Lamb.

Does Lamar + Jacobs + Olave + Downs + 2025 1st get me close?
Does that HURT me?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:42 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:38 pm

So assuming he wants younger assets what can I offer that doesn't give up all of my youth?
I don't want to trade Olave + Puka and end up getting just Puka back. Won't move Lamb.

Does that HURT me?
Really hard to say. If QBs score big points maybe, but then it hurts. Have you asked the 1.01 manager what they are looking for or it will take? Olave + Nacua seems like the price which is too much. You don't have the best secondary pieces to add unfortunately in this type of deal because a big overpay will be needed.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:10 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:42 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:38 pm

Does that HURT me?
Really hard to say. If QBs score big points maybe, but then it hurts. Have you asked the 1.01 manager what they are looking for or it will take? Olave + Nacua seems like the price which is too much. You don't have the best secondary pieces to add unfortunately in this type of deal because a big overpay will be needed.
Yes I think at this point talk with the other owner to see what he is looking for. For the 1.01 however you are never going to get it while trying to “save a few bucks”. Now is the time to try but prepared to pay handsomely.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 am

your not getting that 1-01 with those old guys, especially if it is earned. This is no incentive for teh other owner but hey if it works great. I truly think MHjr is going be in the chase/JJ tier very soon so gauge appropriately.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:02 am

I’m not a fan of puka and would offer him straight up for 1.01 and then work from there or contact him directly to see what he’d want for that pick but personally I don’t see a great combo from your team that either he would accept or that I’d want to offer to acquire 1.01
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

EWV1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby EWV1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:43 am

I figured Lamar would need to be in the deal if he's interested in him.
As for this package idea: Lamar + Jacobs + Olave + Downs + 2025 1st ...it fits his needs well but seems like a bit much to pay. Can you try it without one of Jacobs, Olave or the '25 1st?

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:15 pm

I am not seeing how you have the ammo to go after the 1.01.
I have no idea why the 1.01 owner would want anything to do with Henry or Diggs.

I mean you can always throw the 4 quarters out for a dollar and pray, but in a league as small as yours (96 starters, 12 X 8), the dollar will always be more valuable than the 4 quarters.

Maybe Puka + Olave, throw in Lamar, gets you into a conversation.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 pm

Thanks, guys, a lot to consider here.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

stpilots98
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stpilots98 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:43 am

Henry and Diggs should hold little to no value for that owner. If I have the 1.1 I would need to get Puka back as part of any deal. I’d start with Olave +, then go from there. Hard for me to see Puka having more value than MHJr a year from now unless he ends up in a dogshit situation like NE.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB - Fields, Howell, Levis, Rodgers
RB - Montgomery, Dillon, Achane, Ford, Foreman Spears, De. Johnson, Ch. Brown
WR - Di Johnson, Olave, DJM, JSN, Addison, Dell, E. Moore, R. Moore, Pierce, Osborne, Atwell, Reynolds
TE - Kincaid, Hudson

1.01, 1.09, 1.10

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex, SF

QB - Hurts, Fields, Howell, Bridgewater, Wentz, Hoyer
RB - Barkley, Mixon, Dillon, Spears, Foreman, CEH, Murray, Strong
WR - Jefferson, Higgins, Allen, R. Moore, Palmer, MVS, Patrick, Reynolds, Woods, Osborne, Campbell, Raymond
TE - Musgrave, I. Smith, Henry, Washington

2nd

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex, SF

QB - Carr, Garoppolo, Levis, Trubisky, Darnold, Trask, Wentz, Walker
RB - Robinson, Achane, R. Jones, CEH, Kelley, Mitchell, Mason
WR - Adams, Higgins, Wilson, DJM, Brown, Cooks, Boyd, MVS, R. Moore, Boutte
TE - Kinkaid, Knox, Conklin