2024 Free Agency

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2024 Free Agency

Postby Lumps » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:20 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:06 am
Just to rewind. Since MM became head coach...
2023 Tua was QB9, Baker QB10, TLaw QB13
2022 Tua was QB8 (ppg for games finished).

No, neither was quite as high as QB5, but it's not like I was ten spots off or anything.

Meanwhile, Herbert slides to QB17 in 2023 and everyone says, "no problem, I 'feel' JH is a good qb and I'm not going to let this ruin what I feel."

Did you just adjust Tua for games missed and use PPG in 2022 and then not do that for Herbert last year? :lol: :lol: :lol:

By my math, Herbert's PPG was QB5 after removing the game he got hurt. Also, he was already playing hurt. I believe he was QB1 to start the year for a while as well.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:24 am

Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:20 am
2022 Tua was QB8 (ppg for games finished).

No, neither was quite as high as QB5, but it's not like I was ten spots off or anything.

Meanwhile, Herbert slides to QB17 in 2023 and everyone says, "no problem, I 'feel' JH is a good qb and I'm not going to let this ruin what I feel."

Did you just adjust Tua for games missed and use PPG in 2022 and then not do that for Herbert last year? :lol: :lol: :lol:

By my math, Herbert's PPG was QB5 after removing the game he got hurt. Also, he was already playing hurt. I believe he was QB1 to start the year for a while as well.
I saw exactly what I did. You just proved my point. The excuses that works for the others never get reasonably applied to Tua.

Here's a fun exercise. Go back and review how many games Tua, Herbert, and Burrows have each missed over the past three seasons.
Go back and review how many times each has had a T10WR on the roster.

The same things people overlook with other QBs, they use to diminish Tua's production. When we look at facts and stats, Tua is right there with those guys and maybe ahead of them. That's all I'm saying.

But ... what about that Rodgers guy? Anybody predicting a T10QB season for him in 2024?
Last edited by Anteaters on Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 am

Do we think if we sent the NFL links to this thread and the Bears thread that they might move up the draft?

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:24 am
I saw exactly what I did. You just proved my point. The excuses that works for the others never get reasonably applied to Tua.

Here's a fun exercise. Go back and review how many games Tua, Herbert, and Burrows have each missed over the past three seasons.
REALLY, not sure what you're on about. I count 4.5 missed games by Herbert in his career. He played hurt most of 2022 and it was obvious.

How many again has Tua missed?

I don't even care about the Tua value debate, I just don't like disingenuous stats.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:37 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:20 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:24 am For the record, this isn't Monday Morning Quarterbacking. Immediately after it was announced, I said this was a terrible move and the Jets would regret it. People act like the Jets traded for vintage Rodgers and not a 40year old guy who just had a season with 26TD/12INT averaging 217ypg, who was clearly on the downslide. The Jets' braintrust was asleep at the wheel and too desperate.
While you're not wrong about the numbers, and I certainly don't want to argue whether the Jets should/shouldn't have made the deal to get Rodgers. I do want to bring up that anyone who watched him play in 2022 could see he was basically phoning it in. He looked disinterested, was angry at the team for, in his estimation, not doing enough (or the correct) things to maximize the Packers' chances of getting back to the Super Bowl. Disgusted looks after dropped passes, angry at WR's for running incorrect routes, bad body language, it was all there and readily apparent. Not saying that's a good look, or defending the behavior, but it wan't Rodgers' best effort.

I'm sure some of us have probably engaged in similar behavior when we're feeling like a change is necessary in our career path, It's just that tens of millions of people aren't watching us do it. "Did you see Shoreline bobble that spreadsheet?! WTF!!'. "Aw man, that quarterly earnings report was clearly late and showed a flagrant disregard for the numbers!!".

Rodgers seemed energized and genuinely excited to be with the Jets, and it's a shame we didn't get to see how things would have worked out in 2023. Given the state of the AFC and the talent on their roster, I'm not convinced they wouldn't have made a run into the playoffs.

Granted, he's a year older, and maybe he has lost it. But I do hope we get to see what the team is capable of this year when lead by the guy they wanted as their starting QB. We just watched Joe Flacco come back from the dead to lead the Browns into the playoffs, so I'm not quite ready to write Rodgers off yet.
Remember when Brees got injured in his age 40 season? The bottom fell out and never stopped falling. We can go back and see this with a lot of QBs/players. When the age cliff arrives, there is no denying it.

I think the age cliff started to arrive for Rodgers in 2022. But if people want to attribute his significant drop in production to his selfish bratty behavior, okay. But now we get the significant injury to go with the age cliff, and I find it harder to believe a guy about to enter his age 41 season is going to get better.

Whether or not we feel like we'd like to see vintage Rodgers play with Jets, it's not realistic to expect anything except further decline.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:41 am

Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 am

REALLY, not sure what you're on about. I count 4.5 missed games by Herbert in his career. He played hurt most of 2022 and it was obvious.

I don't even care about the Tua value debate, I just don't like disingenuous stats.
Same.

It's funny how this twisted from the ridiculous proposition that the Aaron Rodgers was a good decision, into a debate about Tua. I'm very happy for others to continue to ignore the production (and thus great value) of Tua. It's worked well for me in fantasy football.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:53 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:41 am

Same.

It's funny how this twisted from the ridiculous proposition that the Aaron Rodgers was a good decision, into a debate about Tua. I'm very happy for others to continue to ignore the production (and thus great value) of Tua. It's worked well for me in fantasy football.
That’s a valid point. Most FF leagues do a poor job establishing QB value because a lot of FFers prefer simplistic scoring. In league where scoring is a bit more complex, you may not quite be so bullish on Tua. He was QB12 ppw in our league, lumped in a grouping of marginal starters. But we reward more than just yards and TDs and penalize INTs and fumbles. We score completions. incompletions, sacks, sack yardage, and other events that affect player value.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:24 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:50 amIs Tua the best QB in Florida?

2022 Tua was QB7 (ppg for games finished).

Yeah but what about Jordan Travis?

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:00 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:41 am

Same.

You stated it was their worst decision the Jets ever made. Then you went on and list some options they could have done instead. Baker had a good year to turn his career around, he probably would have failed on the Jets last year. The other options were so bad, they didn't warrant a response. Carr, Geno??

There have been a lot of QBs drafted since Rodgers last won a Superbowl, 2 have won a Super Bowl, Russell Wilson and Mahomes. Not sure where you go looking for a winning QB, they are not readily available.

Rodgers may not work out, but its not ridiculous. It's a gamble on an aging player. And mostly, the Jets just need a winning season, their fan base is hurting.

And I am a Tua fan, I called him a rock star when he got drafted.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:37 am I think the age cliff started to arrive for Rodgers in 2022. But if people want to attribute his significant drop in production to his selfish bratty behavior, okay. But now we get the significant injury to go with the age cliff, and I find it harder to believe a guy about to enter his age 41 season is going to get better.

Whether or not we feel like we'd like to see vintage Rodgers play with Jets, it's not realistic to expect anything except further decline.
I guess we'll just see if he can do better than 26/12 with a 217 ypg average. Maybe he does, maybe not.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:15 am

Paul717 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 pm Phssh! You young folk don't seem to remember this QB legend:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... igTy00.htm

QB10 in 2008. Never relevant again.
Or Billy Volek :wtf:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:25 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:43 pm
yinzername wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:29 pm

That a lot for 6-8 games
Compared to what the Jets paid Aaron for 4 minutes, the contract for MWilliams is coupon shopping at the grocery store.

Trading for Aaron Rodgers might just have been the most stupid thing the Jets have ever done. Too old and too done.
Too Crazy. Too "everyone needs to stop with anything that isn't football" but is considering a VP slot on a ticket. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear that position is in Jeopardy of being shorter than his Jets or game show host careers so far. Already in a backup role RFK Jr. found his replacement faster than Gutenkist

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:37 am I think the age cliff started to arrive for Rodgers in 2022. But if people want to attribute his significant drop in production to his selfish bratty behavior, okay. But now we get the significant injury to go with the age cliff, and I find it harder to believe a guy about to enter his age 41 season is going to get better.

I guess we'll just see if he can do better than 26/12 with a 217 ypg average. Maybe he does, maybe not.
I don't think the jets care if they get MVP Rodgers. Here's the Jets line as a whole from last year:

198passing yards per game, 22TD, 15INT.

It doesn't get any worse. Pretty sure the Jets would be tickled pink if they got darkness retreat, checked out, 2022 version of Aaron Rodgers' statline of 217ypg and 26/12.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:53 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm

I don't think the jets care if they get MVP Rodgers. Here's the Jets line as a whole from last year:

It doesn't get any worse. Pretty sure the Jets would be tickled pink if they got darkness retreat, checked out, 2022 version of Aaron Rodgers' statline of 217ypg and 26/12.
Yeah, and now imagine if they get the giant chip on his shoulder, me against the world/hold my beer AR.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:35 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm

It's possible they get that. It's also possible that a Rodgers two years older and 11 months following an Achilles injury is going to be a lesser version of that guy.

I'm just hoping he's good enough long enough to give us five games of gunslingin' action. I don't think he has it, but it would be fun to hear the tv guys talk about it non-stop.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser