KTC

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: KTC

Postby meineymoe » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 am

The ones that pose an issue with me are the ones that include a late 2026 1st. Or any future pick for that matter. Obviously we're not going to just forfeit/cut the future pick, but I often find it to be the least valuable asset in my eyes, so is often the one I "cut". So, in those cases, I have to think in terms of ranking.
Though I haven't explored all of the functions, is there a place to find like the number of times a player is cut? Or the most "cut" players?
I think a weighted system would be more helpful, since some of the comparisons seem closer than other.
Just some initial thoughts.
Keeptradecut.com

-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:16 am

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:37 pm The last couple times I’ve pulled it up, even the comparison players it prompts you with were completely off/weird.

Today I had to rank Josh Allen, Trequan Smith, and Andy Dalton.
From their FAQs:
We occasionally run 'test' KTCs that ask a question with one obvious right answer. "Keep" the stud to prove you're paying attention (you can Trade or Cut either of the other two)! This is one of several things we do behind the scenes to ensure our crowdsourced data is rock solid.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:18 am

meineymoe wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 am The ones that pose an issue with me are the ones that include a late 2026 1st. Or any future pick for that matter. Obviously we're not going to just forfeit/cut the future pick, but I often find it to be the least valuable asset in my eyes, so is often the one I "cut". So, in those cases, I have to think in terms of ranking.
Though I haven't explored all of the functions, is there a place to find like the number of times a player is cut? Or the most "cut" players?
I think a weighted system would be more helpful, since some of the comparisons seem closer than other.
Just some initial thoughts.
Keeptradecut.com

-oo-
It’s intended to always be thought of in terms of rankings. Someone earlier in this thread also highlighted the potential confusion/bias due to the use of the words “keep, trade, cut” instead of just saying to rank 1, 2, 3, which is how your response is actually being counted.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:13 am

Like many others have said, it is a good tool to get a general idea of how players are being valued. As with any other rankings, you always have to take them with a grain of salt and take into account your own valuations, league settings, how your league values different positions etc.

I have found it has more fluctuations than other rankings, which I think has to do with how the data is crowd sourced and dynasty players can be quite reactionary. For example, stroud is currently QB3 but in any of my 1qb leagues, I don't think the Lamar/Burrow/Herbert/Hurts owners would trade them straight up.

The trade calculator also seems to value "open" roster spots quite highly. I do like that it values them, but if it is a 2 for 1, with like a player+future pick for a player, I don't think there should be a value adjustment as a pick doesn't require a roster spot.

That being said, it is a great free resource to get a general idea of dynasty valuations and can be useful to sanity check trade proposals.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:29 am

grooner wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:13 am Like many others have said, it is a good tool to get a general idea of how players are being valued. As with any other rankings, you always have to take them with a grain of salt and take into account your own valuations, league settings, how your league values different positions etc.

I have found it has more fluctuations than other rankings, which I think has to do with how the data is crowd sourced and dynasty players can be quite reactionary. For example, stroud is currently QB3 but in any of my 1qb leagues, I don't think the Lamar/Burrow/Herbert/Hurts owners would trade them straight up.

The trade calculator also seems to value "open" roster spots quite highly. I do like that it values them, but if it is a 2 for 1, with like a player+future pick for a player, I don't think there should be a value adjustment as a pick doesn't require a roster spot.

That being said, it is a great free resource to get a general idea of dynasty valuations and can be useful to sanity check trade proposals.
It’s not just valuing the roster spot, but value over replacement. The assumption is that if the deal is 2 for 1 then the side with a single asset is giving up the more valuable piece. They are trying to compensate for that so the calc won’t set 5 3rds = Mahomes. It’s not perfect though.

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:58 am

I swear every time I'm prompted with 3 players to rank 'keep, trade, cut' it's guys so far down the list it feels like a pointless exercise. Like I just pulled it up and got Boston Scott, Ke'Shawn Vaugn and Jaelon Darden.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:59 am

brward wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:58 am I swear every time I'm prompted with 3 players to rank 'keep, trade, cut' it's guys so far down the list it feels like a pointless exercise. Like I just pulled it up and got Boston Scott, Ke'Shawn Vaugn and Jaelon Darden.
And they don't even have Emanuel Wilson in the database smh

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:38 pm

brward wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:58 am I swear every time I'm prompted with 3 players to rank 'keep, trade, cut' it's guys so far down the list it feels like a pointless exercise. Like I just pulled it up and got Boston Scott, Ke'Shawn Vaugn and Jaelon Darden.
In my 16 team leagues with larger rosters, we sometimes need to dive this deep. Not that these are players to target, but sometimes if there's room on the end of your bench and you could use a flier to add depth at rb, knowing which ones might be more valued is always a good thing.

-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:12 am

I personally have never used this site but with this thread, I’m going to experiment and see what it says. At the end of the day, my decisions are going to be based on my decisions but it’s nice to have more info.

Even the most trusted sites, we all can look back with regret
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:01 am

TheTroll wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:12 am I personally have never used this site but with this thread, I’m going to experiment and see what it says. At the end of the day, my decisions are going to be based on my decisions but it’s nice to have more info.

Even the most trusted sites, we all can look back with regret
Agree. Just trade to make your team better. At the end of the day, there's no way to predict the future with any sort of certainty. If KTC happens to agrees with you, great. But I try to come up with a trade offer/opinion before I even view any sort of valuation tool.

There are times when I'm on the fence about a trade and it is nice to see how KTC as well as this forum think about it. I find more often than not, my opinions match KTC....but it can also point out glaring discrepancies in how I value things. It's a nice tool, but it's not gospel.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:34 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:16 am
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:37 pm The last couple times I’ve pulled it up, even the comparison players it prompts you with were completely off/weird.

Today I had to rank Josh Allen, Trequan Smith, and Andy Dalton.
From their FAQs:
We occasionally run 'test' KTCs that ask a question with one obvious right answer. "Keep" the stud to prove you're paying attention (you can Trade or Cut either of the other two)! This is one of several things we do behind the scenes to ensure our crowdsourced data is rock solid.
Thanks, I was not aware of that. Makes a lot more sense now. When I first saw it, I was just kind of like….wtf

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:51 am

Is KTC down for everyone right now?
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:16 am

yinzername wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:51 am Is KTC down for everyone right now?
Yes

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:27 pm

I feel like KTC is highly flawed calculator, and the whole website is a fraud.
That said, I will find out what managers rely on the KTC calculator, and tend to use that leverage to my advantage when making trade offers.

IMO, the 2 main flaws with KTC values are that youth and draft picks tend to be over-valued, while productive veterans are under-valued.

Also, KTC claims that their values are based on 0.5 PPR, however, just by looking how they escalate the values of WR's and lower RB values, it is VERY apparent to me that 90+% of those using this source have never played in 0.5 PPR leagues.
They are Full PPR only players, as to me, the values just look like Full PPR values, even though the site claims they are Half PPR values.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:22 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:27 pmAlso, KTC claims that their values are based on 0.5 PPR, however, just by looking how they escalate the values of WR's and lower RB values, it is VERY apparent to me that 90+% of those using this source have never played in 0.5 PPR leagues.
They are Full PPR only players, as to me, the values just look like Full PPR values, even though the site claims they are Half PPR values.
++
Fully agree here.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser