Just me or did Jamo just prove all the haters he can ballout?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Just me or did Jamo just prove all the haters he can ballout?

Postby Ski mask ready » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:13 am

Its been a rough start to a career and w've all been waiting around to see if he can ball. To me, in the Championship game he just showed me everything I needed to see to confirm why he was a first round draft pick and he's going to ball out next year. Thoughts??
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Just me or did Jamo just prove all the haters he can ballout?

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 am

Not at all. He showed he has spotty hands and a inability to track deep balls, that will prevent him from ever being a FF difference maker.

He took and end round with fantastic blocking, and made the most of it, no doubt. He caught a 4th down, late game, almost meaningless TD.

He almost dropped an easy catch that could have been picked, but he muscled it away again, but he should have just caught it.

He whiffed on a very catchable deep ball that just happens way too often. He got some DHB to his deep ball game. He does not track the ball well, on deep balls, and that's a big problem, because that's the best part of his game by far. He's not a guy who has a great route tree.

He's never going to be a true difference maker IMO, his deep ball tracking skills aren't there. It's not just this game, the track record is abysmal.

This is the trade window. He has Gibbs,Monty, Laporta and some guy named Amon-Ra St-Brown ahead of him.

He's just not there, upstairs. He's not going to be the guy you drafted him to be. If anyone thinks he's that guy after this game....SELL. SELL, SELL, SELL!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:33 am

I don't think there are a lot "haters". To my way of thinking the FF community has been really patient. I don't see much "hate", just disappointment for what might have been.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:42 am

if by "hater" you mean someone that does not believe he's going to be worth the draft capital, then i'm a "hater". hopefully you're not one of those that only sees in binary, ace or bleep, love or hate... or that calls "hater" anyone with a different opinion...

now, with that out of the way, he's still a gimmicky player in an offense with MUCH better pass catchers. despite his jets, in two years as a pro he hasn't cracked 70 receiving yards in a game. to me, all he's shown up to now, championship game included, is that he's a less idiotic version of kadarius toney (bit harsh maybe, but not all that much).

as Freak says, his tracking of the ball is poor, and his hands are a bit on the stony side. he can definitely improve both things and i'm sure that's what the team will focus on. the question is if williams will focus on it. there are signs he might be a bit of a dickhead, but that doesn't mean he won't work hard (it only makes it a bit less likely).
in the end, he's very slowly going in the right direction and his teams is using him to his strengths, he still has a lot of work to do to become a consistent WR worthy of an early 1st round pick, and once he's done it he'll still have to compete for targets with guys that were more skilled right away and are just as likely to improve as he is.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:18 am

I’ve seen so much about Jameson lately. All over 4 opportunities in a game. Credit to him for making the plays on limited opportunities (though as mentioned, he didn’t make them easy besides the run).

But until he starts to be more consistently involved, I want no part. 4 opportunities a game isn’t going to do for fantasy unless you’re in bestball.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:33 am

The good news is anyone who thinks Jamo has proven he's turned the corner and is now a top-tier fantasy WR can probably pick him up in every fantasy league in the world. Go for it!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:16 am

He's a rich man's Rashid Shaheed

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:16 am He's a rich man's Rashid Shaheed
Please stop insulting my players.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:26 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:13 am Its been a rough start to a career and w've all been waiting around to see if he can ball. To me, in the Championship game he just showed me everything I needed to see to confirm why he was a first round draft pick and he's going to ball out next year. Thoughts??
Maybe in a year or two he can do what Jayden Reed did this past year. Hope it works out for you.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:53 am

So, "ball out" might be a stretch. I guess we'd need to define that. But a few things became apparent to me in that game:

1. The Lions are a juggernaut on offense. If they run it back with largely the same skill position players, we'll see another dynamic offense in 2024 with plenty of opportunities to go around.
2. Watching Josh Reynolds was super frustrating. He had 2 drops right? But they were like KEY drops. Jameson Williams may indeed be the 3rd or 4th banana on that team for targets next year, but Reynolds shouldn't be a guy getting more targets.
3. The idea of getting Jameson more rushes in 2024 could be exciting.

I guess it depends on expectations right? I see the jokes about Shaheed...but if Jameson had a line of 46-719-5 TDs (like Shaheed) with maybe another 200 yards rushing (like a Deebo light, perhaps?) wouldn't we be excited? But if you're looking for 1,200+ scrimmage yards, I just don't see it without an injury to someone major next year.

Also frerichs5 said it nicely too: In a best ball format, Jameson would be very exciting too.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:23 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:16 am He's a rich man's Rashid Shaheed
Please stop insulting my players.
Sorry, too much hyperbole. Shaheed >>> Jamo

But they are both boom/bust types that get limited opportunities. Speedy deep threats who can take an end around to the house. I like Shaheed more as he has better hands and actually has put up big games. Shaheed is also cheaper. Jamo still hanging on to that Draft Cap.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:27 am

He’s gotta get his mind right. He looks fragile too. Looked like he got hurt on that last TD catch but I have not heard anything to confirm that. Im disappointed, was hoping for much better.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:36 am

Gabe Davis lite. Sell window is open and I'm pushing him out the door as fast as I can.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:50 am

would not trade my 3.10 for him today
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 am

Trying to hold on, happy to see some production last weekend, but willing to sell for a decent price
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich