Offer for the 1.02 in SF

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
moritz13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Offer for the 1.02 in SF

Postby moritz13 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:57 pm

Hello,

So I have been in a bit of a rebuild, and have ended up with the 1.01 and 1.02 in the upcoming draft. With no need for another QB, i planned to shop the 1.02 and take MHJ with the 1.01. I received this offer for the 1.02 and am contemplating it along with whether I can actually compete come next season. I also have 4 2024 first round picks I could leverage as well.

What do you guys think about this trade and possibly moving to a competing team.

Give:
2024 1.02
Kendre Miller

Recieve:
Brandon Aiyuk
Jonathan Taylor

Thanks!!
Team #1 - It is a 12 team SF league, Full PPR, 5 pt passing TD; QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Flex, Superflex
QB: Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Anthony Richardson, Trey Lance, Dorian Thompson-Robinson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Kendre Miller, Joshua Kelley, Roschon Johnson, Isaiah Spiller, Ty Chandler
WR: Tee Higgins, Jameson Williams, George Pickens, Josh Downs, Treylon Burks, Hunter Renfrow, AT Perry, Darius Slayton, Calvin Austin
TE: Tyler Conklin, Jelani Woods, Daniel Bellinger, Noah Gray
Picks: 2024 1.01 & 1.02, 3.02; 2025 1st x4, 2nd, 4th

Team #2 - 12 Team SF TE Prem, PPR, Start 11
QB: Kyler Murray, Jordan Love, Geno Smith, Clayton Tune, Tommy Devito, Hendon Hooker, Tyson Bagent
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Joe Mixon, Alvin Kamara, Chase Brown, Antonio Gibson, Emari Demarcado, Emmanuel Wilson
WR: Jaylen Waddle, Brandon Aiyuk, DK Metcalf, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Calvin Ridley, Amari Cooper
TE: Mark Andrews, Taysom Hill
Picks: 2024 1.11, 2025 1st/2nd/3rd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Offer for the 1.02 in SF

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:35 pm

I am never in favor of moving an early 1st so early in the offseason. I do think the value is here overall, but if the other manager is already willing to make this deal, what will they do later in the offseason? Outside of an elite piece, I just would not move an early 1st in January.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:31 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:35 pm I am never in favor of moving an early 1st so early in the offseason. I do think the value is here overall, but if the other manager is already willing to make this deal, what will they do later in the offseason? Outside of an elite piece, I just would not move an early 1st in January.
Exactly this, it’s so rare that early picks lose value between now and your rookie draft. The only way that happens is if elite/promising talents go to really poor situations. This is very very unlikely to happen this draft with all of the top qbs prolly going super early (maybe even top 3) and lots of good landing spots for MHJ/Nabers. I would just hold and let the pick gain value

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:14 am

I get that conventional wisdom says not to move an early 1st at this time of year, but that's a very good offer. Aiyuk and JT are both top-10 at their positions and JT is one of the safest RBs from a job security/competition POV. The 1.02 will yield an elite prospect - but just one and just a prospect.

I understand passing on this but I don't think there's anything wrong with taking it either.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:59 am

you know when they say "don't sell early 1sts this early unless it's an overpay"? this is that overpay, imo, although i'd take miller off.

of course, it's all down to
a) what do you think of williams (for example, would you trade lawrence for taylor/aiyuk? what's the chance he's significantly better than lawrence?)
b) what do you think you can get for 1.02 later on and/or from other managers.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:24 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:59 am you know when they say "don't sell early 1sts this early unless it's an overpay"? this is that overpay, imo, although i'd take miller off.

of course, it's all down to
a) what do you think of williams (for example, would you trade lawrence for taylor/aiyuk? what's the chance he's significantly better than lawrence?)
b) what do you think you can get for 1.02 later on and/or from other managers.
ooooohh i like this thought
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:34 am

You should take that deal.

Both JT and Aiyuk are young studs and while I absolutely love Nabers and think he’s going to be a star those two pieces are elite.

Not sure the offers will get better than that truthfully
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Postby nyterp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:56 pm

DJB wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:34 am You should take that deal.

Both JT and Aiyuk are young studs and while I absolutely love Nabers and think he’s going to be a star those two pieces are elite.

Not sure the offers will get better than that truthfully
While I would take the deal as well, particularly since you want to move the pick, if you do end up keeping it, I do not take Nabers as it is SF. You take Williams and then shop him.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 pm

FWIW trade calculator here at DLF has it 996 (Aiyuk/JT) to 619. So, it's in your favor for sure. Both are still young, 25. Pair that with Harrison? IDK. I think I'd take it.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:10 pm

If you are taking Harrison, the 1.02 is really the 1.01. The 1.01 is a LOT more valuable than than 1.02 according to DLF calcs. I would probably wait, or make it known that CW is up for sale rather than the 1.02.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:32 pm

Closing your mind to taking Caleb in a SF is hard for me. He is that good
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:50 pm

Sure, but he's got Herbert, Burrow, and AR. Three deep. AR is a risk of course. And honestly, you could use some help at RB. That's why I think JT/Aiyuk is a good value. Not that you couldn't get MORE for CW.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

EWV1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby EWV1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:56 pm

If you select MHJ at 1.01 and take the deal, then could you maybe trade Higgins+ for the 1.03 if you are high on Nabers?

I also see the logic as others have suggested in taking CW and sorting out another trade after -- particularly if you are targeting other elite pieces outside of JT & Aiyuk (though I like them both)...unless you can find other suitors now for the pick.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:24 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:50 pm Sure, but he's got Herbert, Burrow, and AR. Three deep. AR is a risk of course. And honestly, you could use some help at RB. That's why I think JT/Aiyuk is a good value. Not that you couldn't get MORE for CW.
Remind me how many weeks he had all three of those QB's available the same week in 2023? Remind me who he started if he made the fantasy playoffs last year at QB? Not saying you can't make this move, but not maximizing the impact of what Caleb can do to your franchise is not an insignificant thing.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:44 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:24 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:50 pm Sure, but he's got Herbert, Burrow, and AR. Three deep. AR is a risk of course. And honestly, you could use some help at RB. That's why I think JT/Aiyuk is a good value. Not that you couldn't get MORE for CW.
Remind me how many weeks he had all three of those QB's available the same week in 2023? Remind me who he started if he made the fantasy playoffs last year at QB? Not saying you can't make this move, but not maximizing the impact of what Caleb can do to your franchise is not an insignificant thing.
Sure, sure, you're not wrong. Just saying looking at depth and talent, he's okay at QB. It's a decent offer of JT/Aijuk for 1.01 but yes, I do agree you can get more. At least add a decent QB to the mix, if not a pick or more. I think paying for Bijan the price was three 1sts so that should probably be the price here as well, yeah? Also, Superflex is not 2QB so you CAN roll with 1 QB you just tend to have an advantage. There are probably guys that can outscore your 2nd QB. Hell, last year, I think Mahomes probably hurt some Superflex lineups at the end of the year. And yes, if you're going to take two, Williams and Harrison are those guys. So it WOULD take a lot for me to move off of them.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: