Thoughts on Doubs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bg1289
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Thoughts on Doubs?

Postby bg1289 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:10 am

Anyone feel strongly one way or another on Romeo Doubs? Had a strong playoff run but just worried there’s too many mouths to feed in GB.

Have an offer of Doubs for my Shakir and Pierce. I’m torn because I also think Shakir is a nice buy low right now.
10tm 1 QB TEP START: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE
QBs: Dak Prescott, Justin Fields, Russell Wilson
RBS: Rachaad White, Najee Harris, Jaylen Warren, Tank Bigsby, Michael Carter, Pierre Strong
WRS: CeeDee Lamb, Amari Cooper, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Jerry Jeudy, Marquise Brown, Alec Pierce, Michael Gallup, Calvin Austin,
TE: Cole Kmet, Gerald Everett, Noah Gray, Taysom Hill

Picks:
2024: 1.05, 1.06, 2.03, 2.06, 3.01
2025: two 1sts (mid-late?), five 2nds, two 3rds
2026: two 1sts, 2nd, 3rd

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: Thoughts on Doubs?

Postby TheTroll » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:25 am

The value is fine but you are giving up the best piece of the three. Not a huge gamble but the $ say to stick with Doubs
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:51 am

I'd rather have the Shakir side of this. There's a chance he's a starter for BUF and I'd rather take that side of the bet.

IMO the GBP WRs have been relegated to best ball plays. It's going to be a nightmare week to week as to who to start. Maybe the same at TE. The way to play that passing game is Love. I have Wicks in one league and hope to package him and a pick to move up come draft time. Would do the same with the others.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:02 pm

I think Doubs is the correct play. If you believe in Addisons take of WR's who did not gain 500 yards in their first year or 750 in their second year are "roster cloggers", and I do because the number of WR's who had any success after posting less than 500 yards is zero.

I agree with tssafford that GB WR's are probably best suited for best ball, I think Doubs out targets and out scores Shakir on a game to game basis.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:36 pm

Doubs and Shakir are both good hopes next year, but I would rather have Doubs on value. He may take a bit of a hit production wise if Watson can ever stay on the field.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:06 pm

Never know what'll happen but I'd be very surprised if Doubs was more than the 4th best WR on that team long term.

Shakir is a more volatile asset but his upside as the #2/3 in that offense is probably higher, imo.

Pierce is a non-factor

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:37 pm

This is Doubs for me.

As a Packer fan, I've paid close attention to all of the beat and practice reports over the last two years. Doubs was Love's go-to from day one. The injury he sustained early in the season knocked him back some. The group as a whole is pretty solid. That said, teams typically gravitate toward a pecking order at some point. This year very well could have just been sorting that out. If that's the case, I think Doubs has as good of a chance as any to become the lead.

Ty Dunne (Go Long) wrote a really nice piece on Doubs last week. Check it out for a little insight into the player.
Last edited by bigbuck22 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:38 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: ↑Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:02 pm I think Doubs is the correct play. If you believe in Addisons take of WR's who did not gain 500 yards in their first year or 750 in their second year are "roster cloggers", and I do because the number of WR's who had any success after posting less than 500 yards is zero.

I agree with tssafford that GB WR's are probably best suited for best ball, I think Doubs out targets and out scores Shakir on a game to game basis.
Nico Collins would like a word...
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd πŸ₯ˆ
2019: Champs :dance: πŸ†
2020: 2nd πŸ₯ˆ
2021: 2nd πŸ₯ˆ
2022: 2nd πŸ₯ˆ
2023: Champs :dance: πŸ†

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:45 am

PigeonBoys wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:38 am
The.Big.Spank wrote: ↑Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:02 pm I think Doubs is the correct play. If you believe in Addisons take of WR's who did not gain 500 yards in their first year or 750 in their second year are "roster cloggers", and I do because the number of WR's who had any success after posting less than 500 yards is zero.

Its never a good idea to use outliers to make a point or use them as a strategy when playing a game for money.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:57 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:45 am

Its never a good idea to use outliers to make a point or use them as a strategy when playing a game for money.
I just think it's also important to understand the context, as Jefferson wouldn't be where he is today if Mills was throwing him the ball. Nico was what 21 coming into the league so combine terrible QB play with an early declare getting their feet wet in the NFL. The ol 3rd year breakout is a thing for a reason. I'm not sure it's an outlier if we paid attention to the advanced metrics surrounding Collins. He put up really good advanced metrics but wouldn't ya know the problem was his QB couldn't get him the ball. Once he has one that does we see what he's actually capable of. I love those hard thresholds and yes I do pay attention to them but I think all too often we take that as gospel and we stop using our critical thinking ability.

RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman

Draft picks:

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:10 am

the Ty Dunne article is a great read, thanks for sharing

I traded for Doubs a little over a week ago (rebuild in sig). Sent Demercado, 3.7, 4.11 and 5.1

At that price I'm pretty stoked. think he's easily an every week flex play for me, with real upside to be at least my WR3. Obvi the GB WR room is pretty crowded, but by all accounts, his work ethic and connection with Love give him as good a chance or better as any of'em to be the guy to take over the true WR1 roll on the team
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
β€˜25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:11 am

PigeonBoys wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:57 am

I just think it's also important to understand the context, as Jefferson wouldn't be where he is today if Mills was throwing him the ball. Nico was what 21 coming into the league so combine terrible QB play with an early declare getting their feet wet in the NFL. The ol 3rd year breakout is a thing for a reason. I'm not sure it's an outlier if we paid attention to the advanced metrics surrounding Collins. He put up really good advanced metrics but wouldn't ya know the problem was his QB couldn't get him the ball. Once he has one that does we see what he's actually capable of. I love those hard thresholds and yes I do pay attention to them but I think all too often we take that as gospel and we stop using our critical thinking ability.
I take your point as I felt the same way about Collins and took him in the third round in several of my leagues. But when you are in a situation like this I believe using that metric is a great tie breaker given the overwhelming amount of times it was been the rule instead of the exception.

I believe Shakir has as much target competition if not more than Douds. Diggs is going nowhere. Kincaid has higher draft capital and is better and there is a better chance of Buffalo drafting one of the dozen good WR's coming out this year than Green Bay. Romeo is the easy choice here for me and the yards gained in their first two years only cements that opinion.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:13 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:11 am
PigeonBoys wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:57 am

I take your point as I felt the same way about Collins and took him in the third round in several of my leagues. But when you are in a situation like this I believe using that metric is a great tie breaker given the overwhelming amount of times it was been the rule instead of the exception.

I believe Shakir has as much target competition if not more than Douds. Diggs is going nowhere. Kincaid has higher draft capital and is better and there is a better chance of Buffalo drafting one of the dozen good WR's coming out this year than Green Bay. Romeo is the easy choice here for me and the yards gained in their first two years only cements that opinion.
Definitely see Buffalo going after a bonafide WR2 this offseason, I think they realize they don't have enough weapons to get the job done in the playoffs. They are in cap hell right now tho so probably going to have to be through the draft. On the flip side I don't think GB is too worried about adding to their WR room, they have to work on their D first and foremost.

Draft picks: