Divisional Round Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Divisional Round Thread

Postby mild » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:24 pm

jordanzs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:56 pm The Niners trade for CMC sure is paying dividends
Houston, with their HC / OC coming from the exact SF team that made that trade, have the opportunity to do something awesome in the coming months. This Texans team has the 3rd most effective cap space this offseason.

In an offseason FA featuring Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry... consolation prizes of Ekeler, Pollard, a lightly used Zeke, hell, even Gus Bus...

It would be awesome to see them break out the chequebook for Saquon or Jacobs.

I think so long as the league stays defaulting to the 2-high Safety look, the attacking meta will continue to revolve around the short-to-medium range skill players. A true 3-down RB would do absolute bits for what was one of the least effective rushing attacks in the league in HOU.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:42 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:24 pm
jordanzs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:56 pm The Niners trade for CMC sure is paying dividends
Houston, with their HC / OC coming from the exact SF team that made that trade, have the opportunity to do something awesome in the coming months. This Texans team has the 3rd most effective cap space this offseason.
I have a Niners fan buddy who said this as soon as Ryans got hired at the head coach. This past March he went to Vegas and he put $10 on the texans to make it to the AFC championship game. The payout would’ve been $1,250. So close!

He also put $10 to win $100 if the lions made the championship game. That won. And $10 to win $85 if the Niners win the Super Bowl

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:44 pm

My off season sneaky buy needs to stop scoring playoff TD's. LOL
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:06 pm

Clearly a touchback. The spot of the fumble is being challenged, not the fumble itself. Anything other than a touchback here, is dirty.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 pm

KC is terrible inside the 5 yard line. They rely on nonsense trick plays. They deserve to lose this game for giving Hardman the ball on 1st down inside the 5.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:08 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 pm KC is terrible inside the 5 yard line. They rely on nonsense trick plays. They deserve to lose this game for giving Hardman the ball on 1st down inside the 5.
Yep. Andy is way too cute down there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:18 pm

Hey, refs helping the Chiefs. Who would have thunk.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:41 pm

I think that miss makes FG attempts less than 80% in the playoffs so far. Weather and intensity had an impact on these FG attempts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:48 pm

Is Buffalo cursed? I think they might be cursed.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:14 pm Gotta imagine the majority of the country will be rooting for Detroit next week. Nice to see that franchise have some success!
I heard it from "sources" they are beating the Chiefs in the SB, because it's rigged. Cat got let out of the bag.

Honestly though, I think they have a real shot, but Goff needs to play well, and get some protection.
With how the Bucs literally just gave up….I could almost believe it. Lions screw up kneeing the ball. Didn’t let time run down on 2nd down. How they don’t call a timeout with 35 seconds left after the 3rd down kneel? Make them try a field goal…maybe they miss and you still have a chance. Who knows. Weird to not even try…

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:59 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:48 pm Is Buffalo cursed? I think they might be cursed.
Yes

I don't know anybody who is a Bills fan. I'm sure they're out there somewhere in the country. I would hate to be one though. As if the 4 superbowl losses in a row back in the early 90's wasn't enough, now they have this.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:22 pm

jordanzs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:59 pm
mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:48 pm Is Buffalo cursed? I think they might be cursed.
Yes

I don't know anybody who is a Bills fan. I'm sure they're out there somewhere in the country. I would hate to be one though. As if the 4 superbowl losses in a row back in the early 90's wasn't enough, now they have this.
And don't forget "13 seconds" as well. :(

I feel awful for their fans. That's as heartbreaking as it gets.

I also hated the fake punt design AND the field goal attempt that at best would have tied it and given the ball back to Mahomes. I feel like McDermott needs to be sentenced to another offseason of grinding the Madden ladder...

If I'm going down with the ship by trying to win, I'm making sure the ball is in the hands of my best player on every big down.

And I'm not trying to frickin' tie the game against Patrick Mahomes + timeouts + 90 seconds left. Sheesh. :crazy:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:44 pm My off season sneaky buy needs to stop scoring playoff TD's. LOL
That Travis Kelce buy low window for contenders tho... 8-)

(yes I know you meant Shakir)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:50 pm

Buffalo seems like they've maxed out. I don't know what you do with them going forward. They're a very good team, but either they don't have that extra gear when it matters or they're just incredibly unlucky.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:10 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:22 pm
jordanzs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:59 pm
Yes

And don't forget "13 seconds" as well. :(

I feel awful for their fans. That's as heartbreaking as it gets.

I also hated the fake punt design AND the field goal attempt that at best would have tied it and given the ball back to Mahomes. I feel like McDermott needs to be sentenced to another offseason of grinding the Madden ladder...

If I'm going down with the ship by trying to win, I'm making sure the ball is in the hands of my best player on every big down.

And I'm not trying to frickin' tie the game against Patrick Mahomes + timeouts + 90 seconds left. Sheesh. :crazy:
I guess the fake punt wasn't necessarily a planned play, they just ran it when realizing that KC only had 10 men on the field. Still, yes, it was not a well executed play. You could tell from the moment Hamlin took the snap that it was doomed to fail.

And I absolutely agree with regard to the field goal attempt at the end of the game. McDermott has usually been a 4th down gambler, and yet in that position he wilts and attempts a field goal in a windy stadium that would have merely tied the game leaving Mahomes and Co. plenty of time for a drive of their own? Just doesn't add up.

With Buffalo's defense as banged-up as it was from the outset, you'd think the coach wouldn't choose to lean on them down the stretch when the game was on the line. But that's exactly what he was doing by attempting that field goal instead of trying to convert on 4th down. Granted, he'd get second guessed either way if the team failed. But if you want to leave the outcome to your best players, that's not trotting out Tyler Bass in that situation.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku