1.02 and 1.06 in SF draft

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

1.02 and 1.06 in SF draft

Postby Edgy68 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:36 pm

For Panthers, I have the 1.02 and 1.06 (and a mid-2nd) this year. I’ve read various threads on the feelings forum folks have on this class, but think I may have a dilemma come draft time.

I used Jefferson to get the 1.02 (with JSN and Pitts) to secure a young QB for the long haul, as Howell was showing his warts through the season. The teams with 1.01, 1.03, and 1.04 all have need at QB as well, so I don’t think any of Williams, Maye, or Daniels (my personal favorite at this moment) will be there. To add to this, the owner of the 1.05 notoriously trades his picks for later draft capital since he has no needs at QB. So even if one was there, he’d offer up the 1.05 until someone paid up.

As it stands, MHJ will be there at 1.02. If I got him the Jefferson trade still looks decent, but I don’t get a QB. If I take a QB, I’d likely get Odunze at 1.06. I have been mulling ideas on how to use the 1.06 to secure a QB, even sending a recent offer for Fields.

Any opinions would be appreciated greatly.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1.02 and 1.06 in SF draft

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:57 pm

Let the offseason process play out. I don't see in any scenario where moving Jefferson works out unless Harrison Jr. becomes the best non-QB asset or Williams is an out and out top end fantasy QB. You take on all the risk in that deal for a known elite asset. I would not get stuck on any particular direction as far as the draft goes in January. There is so much to play out. I would start shopping all your RBs, Kelce and most of your WRs though outside of Higgins and JSN depending on the returns. You are moving into a spot with this build where you will have very little value left coming out of 2024 besides hopefully your QB core and your younger assets. Start shopping now and hopefully you can move some aging weight off your team for a decent return.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:47 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:57 pm Let the offseason process play out. I don't see in any scenario where moving Jefferson works out unless Harrison Jr. becomes the best non-QB asset or Williams is an out and out top end fantasy QB. You take on all the risk in that deal for a known elite asset. I would not get stuck on any particular direction as far as the draft goes in January. There is so much to play out. I would start shopping all your RBs, Kelce and most of your WRs though outside of Higgins and JSN depending on the returns. You are moving into a spot with this build where you will have very little value left coming out of 2024 besides hopefully your QB core and your younger assets. Start shopping now and hopefully you can move some aging weight off your team for a decent return.
No way I move JJ for that. Hold for now but you will regret losing JJ in short order if you make that move.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:44 am

I think the OP is saying he already acquired the 1.02 and no longer has Jefferson. And that lines up w/ his roster in the sig.

OP: Just hold tight. Old dynasty adage: "Draft for talent, trade for need". Your picks will peak in value right before your rookie draft. You have a lot of options by holding the picks. Take MHJR at 1.02, wait and see what falls to 1.06. Someone will want/need that player. Maybe you trade the 1.06 for a solid veteran QB.

I don't think you need an elite rookie QB anyway. With your roster I'd probably just go BPA at 1.02/1.06 and then use the mid-2nd to acquire a lesser QB (either a rookie or trade for a declining vet like Carr, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.). Maybe you could snag Levis for a mid-2nd when rookie hype is at the peak.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:30 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:44 am I think the OP is saying he already acquired the 1.02 and no longer has Jefferson. And that lines up w/ his roster in the sig.

OP: Just hold tight. Old dynasty adage: "Draft for talent, trade for need". Your picks will peak in value right before your rookie draft. You have a lot of options by holding the picks. Take MHJR at 1.02, wait and see what falls to 1.06. Someone will want/need that player. Maybe you trade the 1.06 for a solid veteran QB.

I don't think you need an elite rookie QB anyway. With your roster I'd probably just go BPA at 1.02/1.06 and then use the mid-2nd to acquire a lesser QB (either a rookie or trade for a declining vet like Carr, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.). Maybe you could snag Levis for a mid-2nd when rookie hype is at the peak.
++
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin