Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:46 am

It would have to be a huge offer AND Chicago would have to like Maye/Daniels/Fields MORE than Caleb. I don't see it. But who knows, the Bears have made a lot of dumb moves in the past.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:05 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:46 am It would have to be a huge offer AND Chicago would have to like Maye/Daniels/Fields MORE than Caleb. I don't see it. But who knows, the Bears have made a lot of dumb moves in the past.
I don’t think they’d have to like them more, they’d just have to think that the gap was small enough to be worth whatever extra pieces were coming there way. Doesn’t seem super far fetched to me.

LAKEVIEW SHARKS
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LAKEVIEW SHARKS » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:59 pm

As an Eagles fan and a Hurts owner I am glad to see that they got rid of Brian johnson. I really think he treated Hurts with kid gloves. Not to mention a lot of his play calling was pretty shoddy.

Defense needs a whole new makeover.
NFFL 3.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Hurts PHI (QB)
RUNNING BACK Cook BUF, Henry TEN, Edwards-Helaire KC, Montgomery DET, Mattison MIN
WIDE RECEIVER Gage TB, Smith PHI, Lazard NYJ, Chark Jr. CAR, Valdes-Scantling KC
DEFENSIVE END Hargrave SF
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Donald LA
LINEBACKER Brooks SEA, Smith BAL, Allen JAC
CORNERBACK Davis III TB
SAFETYLove SEA

NFFL 4.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Stroud HOU, Wilson DEN
RUNNING BACK Pacheco KC, Bigsby JAC, Jones GB, Dillon GB, Ford CLE, Sanders CAR
WIDE RECEIVER Dell HOU, Locket SEA, London ATL, McLaurin WAS, Godwin TB
TIGHT END Gesicki NE, Ruckert NYJ
DEFENSIVE END Smith CLE
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Robinson NYG, Ojomo PHI
LINEBACKER Oluokun JAC, Burns CAR, Harris HOU
CORNERBACK Jackson CAR
SAFETY Whitehead NYJ, Elliott MIA

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm

LAKEVIEW SHARKS wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:59 pm As an Eagles fan and a Hurts owner I am glad to see that they got rid of Brian johnson. I really think he treated Hurts with kid gloves. Not to mention a lot of his play calling was pretty shoddy.
Even just rudimentary things offensively - like having pre-snap motion in the offense (they were back of the league) and having hot-route answers to the blitz (seriously, this is football 101 and they didn't have it - Todd Bowles sent the blitz all day in Tampa, and they didn't adjust)

... should be things that Kellen Moore should absolutely be able to help with. His offenses feature both of those things as staples. It's a good start.

I'm still stunned that Brian Johnson got not one but TWO interviews for a HC position. On what basis!? Did they watch his offense this year?? :lol:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:25 pm

So, Eric Bieniemy will not be returning to the Commanders in 2024.

I know a team out on the West Coast that's looking for an offensive coordinator... :think:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:29 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm
LAKEVIEW SHARKS wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:59 pm As an Eagles fan and a Hurts owner I am glad to see that they got rid of Brian johnson. I really think he treated Hurts with kid gloves. Not to mention a lot of his play calling was pretty shoddy.
Even just rudimentary things offensively - like having pre-snap motion in the offense (they were back of the league) and having hot-route answers to the blitz (seriously, this is football 101 and they didn't have it - Todd Bowles sent the blitz all day in Tampa, and they didn't adjust)

... should be things that Kellen Moore should absolutely be able to help with. His offenses feature both of those things as staples. It's a good start.

I'm still stunned that Brian Johnson got not one but TWO interviews for a HC position. On what basis!? Did they watch his offense this year?? :lol:
I'm curious here... do people really believe that Brian Johnson was such an inept coordinator that he decided he was going to implement 0 answers vs the Blitz into his offense?

Call me crazy but I put a lot of Hurts' struggles against the Blitz on Hurts not identifying it pre-snap and adjusting the play pre-snap. Maybe Johnson didn't prepare him enough to make those decisions but far more often than not this is inidicative of a QB's inability than the Coordinator.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:34 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:05 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:46 am It would have to be a huge offer AND Chicago would have to like Maye/Daniels/Fields MORE than Caleb. I don't see it. But who knows, the Bears have made a lot of dumb moves in the past.
I don’t think they’d have to like them more, they’d just have to think that the gap was small enough to be worth whatever extra pieces were coming there way. Doesn’t seem super far fetched to me.
EXACTLY. This isn’t just a matter of, “Do they like Williams more than Fields?”. It’s, “Do they think Williams is better than Fields + Harrison Jr + the rest of the potential haul they could get for the #1 overall?!”.

To me, the answer is HELL no!
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:44 pm

Payton34 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:34 pm
EXACTLY. This isn’t just a matter of, “Do they like Williams more than Fields?”. It’s, “Do they think Williams is better than Fields + Harrison Jr + the rest of the potential haul they could get for the #1 overall?!”.

Yep. Unless you believe Williams is truly elite (as in top 3 or 4 in the NFL) then you're better off just trading back and picking up more assets to build the team around whoever your QB is. Maye/Daniels might be a step down, but is he a future 1st + 2nd rounder + whatever else is offered worse than Caleb Williams? That is what you have to figure out. What if the Bears got enough ammo dropping from 1 to 2 that they used some of those pieces to come up from 9 for MHJ to pair with Maye/Daniels? I think I would prefer the Maye + MHJ combo personally and that isn't a knock on Williams.

Let's also remember that the Commanders have a new ownership group involving Magic Johnson who comes from a background that you build around stars. Caleb Williams is also a DC kid so Washington might be willing to pony up a lot more than most would think if they believe he is a hometown star to build around and market. Nothing builds excitement like a young QB and I'm sure the new ownership group would love to make a huge splash like that.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm

If Caleb Williams is as elite as his high school and college career suggests, then the answer could very easily be yes.

The Bears can have all the assets in the world, but if they don't have a franchise QB, the team will never be anything and they'll just be spinning their wheels as they have for the last 30 years.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:14 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm

If Caleb Williams is as elite as his high school and college career suggests, then the answer could very easily be yes.

The Bears can have all the assets in the world, but if they don't have a franchise QB, the team will never be anything and they'll just be spinning their wheels as they have for the last 30 years.
Yep. We screwed up on Trubisky/Mahomes. Some say on Stroud. Third time, they have to take the shot.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:34 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:25 pm So, Eric Bieniemy will not be returning to the Commanders in 2024.

I know a team out on the West Coast that's looking for an offensive coordinator... :think:
It would be a nice career move! A bit of Monday morning QB’ing but I always felt he made a mistake leaving KC for a lat move.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:56 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:29 pm

I'm curious here... do people really believe that Brian Johnson was such an inept coordinator that he decided he was going to implement 0 answers vs the Blitz into his offense?

Call me crazy but I put a lot of Hurts' struggles against the Blitz on Hurts not identifying it pre-snap and adjusting the play pre-snap. Maybe Johnson didn't prepare him enough to make those decisions but far more often than not this is inidicative of a QB's inability than the Coordinator.
100 percent. A lot of players have massive seasons, the true greats of the league do it continuously, or at least in a range that is top end, even if it's not "their top" end, like Mahomes. Teams likely adapted to Hurts, and beyond the rugby goal line move for FF purposes, Hurts wasn't anything close to an elite QB this year. Personally, I think he's a massive sell at top 3-5 QB prices in Dynasty (in Superflex, your ride the ceiling in the 1 QB leagues). Hurts has never been an elite passer, in any regard, whether it be arm talent or reading the field. His mobility helps him, but his injuries are piling up, and I think his career trajectory could be a poor man's Cam.

He did well to rebound in an new scheme in college, going to a wide open conference, with a coach that really could maximize his skills and minimize his definciencies, and I think the Eagles, with top skill position players, and an elite OL last year, did the same. Hurts isn't talented enough to overcome his cap hit, or a lessening at the important positions, like a Mahomes. Their talent levels aren't in the same stratosphere.

I think Hurts has peaked. I'd be shocked if he hasn't, TBH.

He's done more than most, including myself, ever expected, out of college. He is still, however, hampered by a lot of the things that made him a 2nd round pick, and he's now in the top tier of cap hits for QB's.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:56 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:29 pm

100 percent. A lot of players have massive seasons, the true greats of the league do it continuously, or at least in a range that is top end, even if it's not "their top" end, like Mahomes. Teams likely adapted to Hurts, and beyond the rugby goal line move for FF purposes, Hurts wasn't anything close to an elite QB this year. Personally, I think he's a massive sell at top 3-5 QB prices in Dynasty (in Superflex, your ride the ceiling in the 1 QB leagues). Hurts has never been an elite passer, in any regard, whether it be arm talent or reading the field. His mobility helps him, but his injuries are piling up, and I think his career trajectory could be a poor man's Cam.

He did well to rebound in an new scheme in college, going to a wide open conference, with a coach that really could maximize his skills and minimize his definciencies, and I think the Eagles, with top skill position players, and an elite OL last year, did the same. Hurts isn't talented enough to overcome his cap hit, or a lessening at the important positions, like a Mahomes. Their talent levels aren't in the same stratosphere.

I think Hurts has peaked. I'd be shocked if he hasn't, TBH.

He's done more than most, including myself, ever expected, out of college. He is still, however, hampered by a lot of the things that made him a 2nd round pick, and he's now in the top tier of cap hits for QB's.
Are those last 2 posts spot on. Johnson got everything he could out of Hurts’ limitations. The league just caught up to them and after that it was a free fall.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:14 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm

Yep. We screwed up on Trubisky/Mahomes. Some say on Stroud. Third time, they have to take the shot.
But as has been asked all over… Do you honestly think Nagy and Co don’t screw up Mahomes?

Let’s look at Trubisky. He had a decent rookie year. Then what happens? Let’s make him a pocket passer!

Does Mahomes transcend that? I doubt it.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:56 am I think Hurts has peaked. I'd be shocked if he hasn't, TBH.

Betting against Jalen Hurts, huh. This sounds familiar. :lol:

Just so we can get your take on the record, because we all know how important that is: you're saying that Hurts will no longer have any further Top 5 fantasy seasons at the QB position?

Some of us would like more clarity from you, oh great freak of fantasy... :boohoo:

QB2 overall in 2023 fantasy
QB3 overall in 2022 fantasy
QB9 overall in 2021 fantasy

What's interesting to me is that it's almost like the receiving pieces that helped him get to those finishes in 2022 and 2023 are all coming back... keen to hear more about this alleged "peaking".