FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2024 week 18

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:04 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:55 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:51 pm

A QB of a team who won 9 games has even less business being in the conversation.

Buffalo was 5-5. They're 10-6 now with a shot to win the division and Josh Allen has 42 total touchdowns.
Love is better than Allen in every conceivable way over the back half, that you are talking about. Not even close who's been better over the last 6 games. Wins? That's your argument?
Love has played really well, but Green Bay is still 9-8. Being in the MVP conversation is a higher bar than finishing a game over .500 for a team that didn't win their division.

Josh Allen has over 4400 total yards and 42 total touchdowns and may have an 11 win team and division champion attached to it.
So Love, who has by most metrics, played better, doesn't have a division title, or 11 wins, is less worthy? I don't see it. The Bills have a stronger roster, that's what makes Love's accomplishment better, IMO. I don't think anybody projected them to be a playoff team, while most projected the Bills to win the AFC East.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:37 pm
Lumps wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:56 pm
mild wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:19 pm

Incredible update regarding the funniest story of the day

https://x.com/PatrickClaybon/status/174 ... 30342?s=20

Dennis Allen told his players not to do it, and to take the knee.

Jameis went rogue and audibled and the players ran it anyway. :lol:
I think it's hilarious people think Winston is great for doing this. This will not help his cause for FA. How many GM's want a backup QB that defies their coach and goes rogue on something like this?

Guy has always been an idiot.

I mean, I love it because of the fact it was Arthur, a suiting (hopefully) end for him, but Winston is doing himself no favours.

In that spirit, a throwback.

https://twitter.com/GregSmallz/status/1 ... 5182518708
It's my understanding it was the offensive lines idea, not Winston's.

Coaches get heated after Saints pile on late TD, spank Falcons

Sun Jan 7 5:15pm ET
Field Level Media

Testy words were fired before cooler heads prevailed when losing coach Arthur Smith and Saints counterpart Dennis Allen met for the usual postgame salutations moments after New Orleans' 48-17 win over the Falcons went final on Sunday.

Frustrated by the Saints scoring a touchdown in the final minute with a 24-point lead, Smith gave Allen his blunt assessment of that decision, saying "that's f---- BS."

Allen apologized to open his media session after the game, which ended Atlanta's season with a 7-10 record for the third time in Smith's three seasons as Falcons head coach.

"You can do whatever you want," Smith said. "I just gave them my opinion about it."

Offensive guard Cesar Ruiz took the blame for the decision by the offense not to following instructions and take a knee as the final 60 seconds ticked off the clock. Instead, Ruiz said the offensive line wanted to get running back Jamaal Williams his first rushing touchdown of the season.

"Whatever heat comes with that, put that on the (offensive) line," he said.

New Orleans (9-8) won to keep its playoff chances alive and tuned in to root for the Green Bay Packers to lose at home to the Chicago Bears in the late afternoon slate of games Sunday.

In Allen's first statement to reporters after the game was final, he explained the Saints' players made the decision to get Williams the late score.

"That's not who we are, not what we're about," Allen said.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:08 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:57 pm
Is this "The MVP of the top team" award?

Jordan Love just took the youngest team in the NFL to the playoffs with a bottom 3rd defense (being generous here), 0 pro bowlers; Other teams with no pro bowlers -- WSH, NE, CAR... without a single 1,000 yard receiver or rusher.

I dont think he should win it but he should definitely be in the conversation.
Every other year, it definitely has been more/less that award.

Green Bay definitely overachieved this season and Love played really well. Still, they finished 9-8 and didn't win their division. Wins are a critical component of being in the MVP conversation or receiving actual shares of the vote. And if it's not, it's because a player accomplished something individually that's historic from a production standpoint.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:08 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:37 pm
Lumps wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:56 pm

I think it's hilarious people think Winston is great for doing this. This will not help his cause for FA. How many GM's want a backup QB that defies their coach and goes rogue on something like this?

Guy has always been an idiot.

I mean, I love it because of the fact it was Arthur, a suiting (hopefully) end for him, but Winston is doing himself no favours.

In that spirit, a throwback.

https://twitter.com/GregSmallz/status/1 ... 5182518708
It's my understanding it was the offensive lines idea, not Winston's.

Coaches get heated after Saints pile on late TD, spank Falcons

Sun Jan 7 5:15pm ET
Field Level Media

Testy words were fired before cooler heads prevailed when losing coach Arthur Smith and Saints counterpart Dennis Allen met for the usual postgame salutations moments after New Orleans' 48-17 win over the Falcons went final on Sunday.

Frustrated by the Saints scoring a touchdown in the final minute with a 24-point lead, Smith gave Allen his blunt assessment of that decision, saying "that's f---- BS."

Allen apologized to open his media session after the game, which ended Atlanta's season with a 7-10 record for the third time in Smith's three seasons as Falcons head coach.

"You can do whatever you want," Smith said. "I just gave them my opinion about it."

Offensive guard Cesar Ruiz took the blame for the decision by the offense not to following instructions and take a knee as the final 60 seconds ticked off the clock. Instead, Ruiz said the offensive line wanted to get running back Jamaal Williams his first rushing touchdown of the season.

"Whatever heat comes with that, put that on the (offensive) line," he said.

New Orleans (9-8) won to keep its playoff chances alive and tuned in to root for the Green Bay Packers to lose at home to the Chicago Bears in the late afternoon slate of games Sunday.

In Allen's first statement to reporters after the game was final, he explained the Saints' players made the decision to get Williams the late score.

"That's not who we are, not what we're about," Allen said.
I mean, Jameis still has to hand the ball off.

Can we have a separate MVP thread where y’all can talk your nonsense. Nobody cares which QB may or may not get it when it shouldn’t be given to a QB this year anyway

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:11 pm

Yeah, Ruiz is deflecting, or not letting Winston go down alone. He could have taken the knee. Saints locker room must be a mess. However Winston, with his history, did himself no favours for FA, that's pretty obvious. Front offices won't look on that as a positive.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:04 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:55 pm

Love is better than Allen in every conceivable way over the back half, that you are talking about. Not even close who's been better over the last 6 games. Wins? That's your argument?
Love has played really well, but Green Bay is still 9-8. Being in the MVP conversation is a higher bar than finishing a game over .500 for a team that didn't win their division.

Josh Allen has over 4400 total yards and 42 total touchdowns and may have an 11 win team and division champion attached to it.
So Love, who has by most metrics, played better, doesn't have a division title, or 11 wins, is less worthy? I don't see it. The Bills have a stronger roster, that's what makes Love's accomplishment better, IMO. I don't think anybody projected them to be a playoff team, while most projected the Bills to win the AFC East.
Green Bay overachieved; I agree. But, that also doesn't mean that their QB should be in the conversation of MVP because of it. There's a higher bar for MVP conversations than a non-division winner.

Hate it or love it, but wins are a critical part of that.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:11 pm Yeah, Ruiz is deflecting, or not letting Winston go down alone. He could have taken the knee. Saints locker room must be a mess. However Winston, with his history, did himself no favours for FA, that's pretty obvious. Front offices won't look on that as a positive.
Who cares.

Running up the score on Arthur Smith, one of the least likeable coaches in recent memory, is objectively awesome and hilarious.

We thank Winston, Ruiz, and company for their efforts in adding additional indignation to this most glorious of shellackings.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:38 pm

Zamir White with another quality outing. Don't think the Raiders need to pay Jacobs again. He's not Josh, but at cost, he's a good option.
Janiel Dones Truther

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:47 pm

Congratulations to all the fans who's teams are still alive and heading to the NFL Playoffs!

I know we're all FF lovers (maybe even above our team fandom?) but I imagine most of us also have a favorite NFL Franchise. My Seahawks are starting the offseason vacations earlier than I'd like. But hey, did I really think I could count on the Bears to help a guy out?! Nah...

Going to predict a Baltimore vs. San Francisco Super Bowl (Bold, right? :lol:) and I think it will be a heck of a game to watch. Lamar will probably end up as the regular season and Super Bowl MVP. Guess we'll know in a few weeks.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:04 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:25 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:06 pm
Shcritters wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:03 pm Well, I started these threads this year… even though a very eager Bears fan started posting the next week’s thread on Monday mornings (😉, I kid, it was like Monday nights) it makes sense that I finish the season with the last thread.

Hope everyone had a great year. I’m thankful for these forums - lots of good insights around here that make me a more dangerous dynasty owner.
I thought I never posted until Tuesday or Wednesday? If so, sorry. LOL. Great year.
Giving you a hard time, it was usually Tuesday AM.
LOL no worries, brother. I look forward to your 2024 threads. OOF what a year.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:09 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:11 pm Yeah, Ruiz is deflecting, or not letting Winston go down alone. He could have taken the knee. Saints locker room must be a mess. However Winston, with his history, did himself no favours for FA, that's pretty obvious. Front offices won't look on that as a positive.
Who cares.

Running up the score on Arthur Smith, one of the least likeable coaches in recent memory, is objectively awesome and hilarious.

We thank Winston, Ruiz, and company for their efforts in adding additional indignation to this most glorious of shellackings.
This. All of this.

My personal opinion - Smith doesn’t get to complain about when and how much the opposing team scores. Stop them. Where was all this energy when the Dolphins dropped 70 on Denver?

1) Smith’s response and attitude are worse than them scoring a TD.
2) I only hope it’s the last gasps out of someone that knows they blew it.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:36 pm

Haven't watched any of their film, does GB have a really deep, talented young WR core (Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Melton) or is it a system that just lends itself well to WR production?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:36 pm Haven't watched any of their film, does GB have a really deep, talented young WR core (Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Melton) or is it a system that just lends itself well to WR production?
It’s the system and the system is Jordan Love.

Reed and Wicks are good players, though

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:18 pm

Ladies and Gentleman.

We got him.

God bless this house.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:23 pm

More from Schefter:
Arthur Blank:
“Decisions like this are never easy and they never feel good. We have profound respect for Coach Smith and appreciate all the hard work and dedication he has put into the Falcons over the last three years. He has been part of building a good culture in our football team, but the results on the field have not met our expectations. After significant thought and reflection, we have determined the best way forward for our team is new leadership in the head coaching position.”

Blank said that he and Falcons CEO Rich McKay would lead the search, with general manager Terry Fontenot also providing input.
Rejoice my friends.