Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Offseason Shopping List

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:22 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:05 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:01 pm
He was very good in year 2 though. A low QB1 and even better than that for just the second half.

If you think that's who the real Lawrence is or even closer to that than to Derek bleep Carr he's a smash buy
I'd agree if he wasn't still valued as a top 10 QB.

I'd much rather have Jordan Love and Kyler Murray who are valued below him via KTC. Probably Tua Tagovailoa and Brock Purdy, too
Agree on Kyler for sure

Love and Lawrence is about a wash to me. This time next year the dialogue on both could easily be flipped. Individual preference

Tua and Purdy I would not personally take but I suppose it's defensible. Pretty much one tier
Sounds like you think he's appropriately priced :wink:

Personally, I'll take the QB that's shown MVP level efficiency and production while overcoming an assortment of injuries in the second half of his first year starting, over a QB whose elite ceiling is still being perpetuated by his pre-draft hype 3 years into his career.

There's potential for Love to regress after the NFL has an off-season to dissect his tape but given that he's won in all phases of QB'ing I don't think he'll fall off a cliff and his situation is very likely to improve next year given the youth of his surrounding talent.

There's also the potential that the myriad of excuses Lawrence supporters have used for him are true and JAX suddenly puts him in a better situation.. but that's an argument many have made for an assortment of other QBs and far more often than not, they were left wanting.

I can see the argument for him over Purdy and Tua and I honestly don't know if I'd move off of him for either of them. They're probably in a tier together for me after Murray and Love.

We'll see how things shake out next season :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 pm

Was going to post this prior to this week, but this week shows even more.

Shakir. Guy had over 600 yards on 45 targets. 39 catches on 45 targets. Extremely efficient with his targets, and he's got some juice. He's not a guy that will win leagues, but he's a solid depth player for flexes and those times when injuries are piling up.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 pm Was going to post this prior to this week, but this week shows even more.

Shakir. Guy had over 600 yards on 45 targets. 39 catches on 45 targets. Extremely efficient with his targets, and he's got some juice. He's not a guy that will win leagues, but he's a solid depth player for flexes and those times when injuries are piling up.
I like him as well. Feels like a Josh Palmer. Pretty good when called in to play, but probably not going to ascend the depth chart on his own.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:25 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:42 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 pm Was going to post this prior to this week, but this week shows even more.

I like him as well. Feels like a Josh Palmer. Pretty good when called in to play, but probably not going to ascend the depth chart on his own.
What about Rasheed Shaheed? Will get get his legitimate shot in 2024? I hate him returning punts. never a good sign.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:46 am

A few thoughts on some of these...
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pmTrevor Lawrence: injured, bad weapons, still locked in starter for the foreseeable future and was playing great before the Bengals game where he got hurt the first time and had Kirk
Not sure if he's low enough for me to be a buyer. Seems like one of those guys people say have a low value, but that doesn't prove true in my leagues.
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pm Kyler Murray: locked in starter and producing as a rusher immediately after his knee injury but still not priced like a league winning fantasy upside type player; also likely getting a premium WR asset
Yep WAYYYYYYYYYYY undervalued. The guy's a legit T10QB and half the fantasy world treats him like a low-end QB2.

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pmAaron Rodgers
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm buying only if the price is Quentin Johnston. Wait, no, even that's too high for me. I wouldn't dare risk my contending teams by making Rodgers my QB1 or QB2. That's insane.
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pmRBs
Agree on all listed, except Dowdle. I just don't see a future where he's ever the lead back on any team.
I'm also meh on Chandler. I'll take him if the price is cheap enough, but I'm not giving up anything of true value to acquire him.
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pm Rashee Rice
I didn't see this one coming at all. I'd love to get him, but I don't think his price is going to be low anywhere.
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pm Diontae Johnson: being priced around bums like Jameson Williams and Jahan Dotson is just ridiculous
If I can get DJ for the price of a Dotson or Jameson, I'm all in. That would be ridiculous value!
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pm Stefon Diggs:
I'm all out on Diggs. Definitely not choosing him over Pickens
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pm Dontayvion Wicks
Wan'Dale Robinson
Would have to be super cheap for me to even consider them. I'd hold them if I had them, but not about to go shopping for them.

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:07 pmMichael Mayer
I would love to roster this guy. I think his ceiling could hit TE5-6
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:56 am

TheTroll wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:25 am

What about Rasheed Shaheed? Will get get his legitimate shot in 2024? I hate him returning punts. never a good sign.
He is what he is. Talented deep threat and gadget player, but not going to be an every down WR. Hard to trust for fantasy, better in best ball

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:02 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:56 am

He is what he is. Talented deep threat and gadget player, but not going to be an every down WR. Hard to trust for fantasy, better in best ball
Interesting. Watching him, I’ve seen him win at all levels of the field even though he isn’t targeted much in the short and intermediate levels. That speed is deadly and he runs pretty savvy routes to go with it.

I see a lot of upside with him provided that NO chooses to use his talents appropriately.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:14 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:02 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:56 am

Interesting. Watching him, I’ve seen him win at all levels of the field even though he isn’t targeted much in the short and intermediate levels. That speed is deadly and he runs pretty savvy routes to go with it.

I see a lot of upside with him provided that NO chooses to use his talents appropriately.
I agree he's very talented. But expecting NO to use their best players is something I've given up on. Taysom Hill will steal all the TD and unless Shaheed is scoring from 50 yards out, he won't even be on the field. He played >70% of snaps 4 times this year.

I would love to be wrong and see him get used more consistently. Way too many games he's game scripted out or just not targeted. He only had 6 games with more than 5 touches. Ironically, his best week came on 3 targets. I just don't know when you'd be comfortable starting him.

I sold him earlier this year for Downs in a league and packaged up for Rice in another. Still have a few shares as I got him everywhere a year ago

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:04 am

I own him in two leagues that count PR and KR yards, and he's been lights out. Top 20 production off waivers is nice. I'm more worried as they use him more in the O they won't use him on special teams...