Not at all early 2025 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Not at all early 2025 Draft thread

Postby mild » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:24 pm

It must be time.

The name I keep hearing for the 1.01 is Luther Burden.

Do any of our Devy Draftniks feel like weighing in on a high-level advanced scouting of this class?

Keen for the Superflex perspective too.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Not at all early 2025 Draft thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:45 pm

- Dropoff on QBs and WRs.
+ Outside of Bowers, slightly better at TE.
+ Big improvement on RBs

At WR, I think Luther Burden is as good as Malik Nabers and he is the 1.01 currently. Travis Hunter is a stud, but he's in a unique spot where nobody knows whether he'll declare as a WR or CB. Outside of them, you could look at Tetairoa McMillan, Isaiah Bond, maybe Evan Stewart? It's not a great group so far.

QB doesn't have a Williams or possibly Maye. But, Allar, Sanders, Ewers, Leonard, Klubnik, Beck and Milroe are players who could go Day 1-2 depending on improvement.

RB is the early strength for fantasy. Class could be loaded:

Ollie Gordon
Nicolas Singleton
Kaytron Allen
Quinshon Judkins
TreVeyon Henderson
Omarion Hampton
Ashton Jeanty
Trevor Etienne
Damien Martinez
Donovan Edwards
Rocket Sanders

Players like Sanders and Edwards need bounce back years though.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:45 pm - Dropoff on QBs and WRs.
- Outside of Bowers, comparable at TE
+ Big improvement on RBs

At WR, Luther Burden is as good as Malik Nabers is the 1.01 currently. Outside of him, you could look at Tetairoa McMillan, Isaiah Bond, maybe Evan Stewart? It's not a great group so far.
I knew I could count on you CG.

Interesting that it's completely barren for RB in 2024, but with a huge glut of pretty good ones in 2025.

Makes me wonder if hitting on fringe guys that should/could possibly find themselves in starting 1a roles in 2024 (Chase Brown, Zamir White, Tyjae Spears, maybe Spiller, maybe early season Jerome Ford whilst Chubb rehabs (or is cut???), and maybe even the semi-established guys
like Kyren and Rachaad White...) - could these guys be sells (and sell highs in some cases) once they lock down their value jump this offseason?

Feels like it's going to be a good year for some of those guys to take the leap without any serious competition coming through in the draft. (save for... Corum? Trey Benson...?)

Very interesting that Luther is on the Nabers level for you. I'm all ears there.

Makes me wonder if any of us holding 2025 lottery ticket early 1sts (I am) might make a trade to scoop Nabors with a trade using that pick this year instead, thanks to him getting pushed down relative to the other players in the draft.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:30 pm

mild wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:15 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:45 pm - Dropoff on QBs and WRs.
- Outside of Bowers, comparable at TE
+ Big improvement on RBs

At WR, Luther Burden is as good as Malik Nabers is the 1.01 currently. Outside of him, you could look at Tetairoa McMillan, Isaiah Bond, maybe Evan Stewart? It's not a great group so far.
I knew I could count on you CG.

Interesting that it's completely barren for RB in 2024, but with a huge glut of pretty good ones in 2025.

Makes me wonder if hitting on fringe guys that should/could possibly find themselves in starting 1a roles in 2024 (Chase Brown, Zamir White, Tyjae Spears, maybe Spiller, maybe early season Jerome Ford whilst Chubb rehabs (or is cut???), and maybe even the semi-established guys
like Kyren and Rachaad White...) - could these guys be sells (and sell highs in some cases) once they lock down their value jump this offseason?

Feels like it's going to be a good year for some of those guys to take the leap without any serious competition coming through in the draft. (save for... Corum? Trey Benson...?)

Very interesting that Luther is on the Nabers level for you. I'm all ears there.

Makes me wonder if any of us holding 2025 lottery ticket early 1sts (I am) might make a trade to scoop Nabors with a trade using that pick this year instead, thanks to him getting pushed down relative to the other players in the draft.
The biggest obstacle for current RBs is the upcoming free agent class rather than the draft. With Jacobs, Barkley, Henry, Swift, and some maybes like Pollard and Ekeler....there are a bunch of RBs who could scoop starting jobs.

I think if you can get Nabers for 2025 picks then you should do it. At the same time, 2025 is the type of lottery tickets you want with so much potential upside at RB.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:30 pm I think if you can get Nabers for 2025 picks then you should do it. At the same time, 2025 is the type of lottery tickets you want with so much potential upside at RB.
Appreciate the advice, CG.

Whose your guy at QB for Superflex? Anyone have your interest?

I liked Quinn Ewers when I first saw tape on him last year, but as I understand it he's not exactly taken the leap. Still... love the tools. Would love to see him put it all together.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:00 pm

mild wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:38 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:30 pm I think if you can get Nabers for 2025 picks then you should do it. At the same time, 2025 is the type of lottery tickets you want with so much potential upside at RB.
Appreciate the advice, CG.

Whose your guy at QB for Superflex? Anyone have your interest?

I liked Quinn Ewers when I first saw tape on him last year, but as I understand it he's not exactly taken the leap. Still... love the tools. Would love to see him put it all together.
I like Shedeur Sanders the most at QB. Colorado really needs to get him a capable line and he's going to have to work on getting the ball out faster. Pressured 174 times last year, the most of any QB with 100 attempts. Still finished above average in drop back success and was one of the best in off target rate.

Drew Allar also has a chance to be very, very good, but he's not quite there yet. Has the size, arm talent, was a top recruit a few years back. He's a tools QB right now and Penn State hasn't put a ton on his plate just yet.

Riley Leonard has had some interesting flashes in the past as a dual threat. He'll be at Notre Dame next season.

Ewers seemed to get a lot of good press for the work and changes he implemented in the offseason. He looked very good against Oklahoma State in the conference championship. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in the playoff. I'm pretty neutral on him.

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:11 pm

I like the talent of Sanders. But the fact that he has only ever played for his dad is concerning. How will he react to other coaching ? Deion coddled him, and this led to Colorado demoting OC Sean Lewis.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:20 pm

Evan Stewart looked like he was going down the Garrett Wilson path…but he just picked TA&M not OSU. He looked the part as freshman. Got hurt this year. That team is in disarray and he just transferred to Oregon. Not sure I like that much better for him but at least Dillon Gabriel also transferred there.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:54 pm

As of right now Burden would be the presumptive WR1 for next season. He's a catch machine but doesn't seem nearly as fast as Nabers to my eye.

I notice Egbuka isn't mentioned. I think he deserves to remain on the short list. '23 was marred by injury and mediocre QB play (there's a reason McCord ended up at Syracuse). There's a very good chance he puts up a strong campaign and rejoins the NFL round one discussion.

Guys I'm eyeing for my devy draft - Burden, Gordon, C.Tate (2025), K.Allen. But I'm just getting started on trying to come up with my mixed board.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:56 pm

CG - Question for you. Not mentioned in this tread is Mason Taylor. Any thoughts on him? Seems interesting for TEP. Or do you think the limited production is such that he's too risky in devy?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:29 pm

tstafford wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:56 pm CG - Question for you. Not mentioned in this tread is Mason Taylor. Any thoughts on him? Seems interesting for TEP. Or do you think the limited production is such that he's too risky in devy?
Taylor is definitely on the radar. The other TEs I think that are in the mix:

Colston Loveland - Michigan
Luke Lachey - Iowa
Tyler Warren - Penn State
Jake Briningstool - Clemson

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:31 pm

tstafford wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:54 pm As of right now Burden would be the presumptive WR1 for next season. He's a catch machine but doesn't seem nearly as fast as Nabers to my eye.

I notice Egbuka isn't mentioned. I think he deserves to remain on the short list. '23 was marred by injury and mediocre QB play (there's a reason McCord ended up at Syracuse). There's a very good chance he puts up a strong campaign and rejoins the NFL round one discussion.

Guys I'm eyeing for my devy draft - Burden, Gordon, C.Tate (2025), K.Allen. But I'm just getting started on trying to come up with my mixed board.
Egbuka hadn't made a choice yet when we were discussing WRs, but I definitely think he's in the mix in a weaker WR group. If I were doing an early WR ranking, I'd go:

1. Burden
2. Hunter
3. McMillan
4. Bond
5. Egbuka
6. Stewart

Stewart is talented enough to make a big jump, but we'll see.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:48 pm

Weaker QB class, solid WR class, but not quite the high end of 24, much better RB class.

Top 3 WR's IMO are: Luther Burden, Tetairoa McMillian, Evan Stewart
Top 3 QB's: Quinn Ewers, Conner Weigman, Shedeur Sanders
Top 3 RB's: TreVeyon Henderson, Quinshon Jenkins, Nick Singleton (Ollie Gordon, Trevor Etienne too)
Top 3 TE's: Colston Loveland, Luke Lachey, Oscar Delp

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:49 am

Right now I have this kid at my top 2036 IDP prospect.

https://gifer.com/en/2dov
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:40 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:49 am Right now I have this kid at my top 2036 IDP prospect.

https://gifer.com/en/2dov
Good form
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27