Lets Pretend - Atlanta Falcons 2024

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lets Pretend - Atlanta Falcons 2024

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:25 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:25 am
CGW wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:11 pm Just imagine if they spend a top 10 pick on a QB, after spending top 10 picks on RB, WR, and TE the in previous three drafts. I guess this three year process involves being so terrible you can load your squad with early first round talent just so Arthur Smith can once again pull out his shiny new toys and try to smash square pegs into the round holes.
Almost all my friends are ATL fans and it has been twistedly fun listening to them complain about Artie this season. Even better because I saw a report that smith will be back even if they don’t make the playoffs this season.

I have never seen a complete misuse of talent. I bet if they do draft a QB, they will find a way to use him as a kick returner lol.
Blank has not committed to him beyond the season. From the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CNY9FOTiyg&t=90s
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 pm

Pitchforks and torches will be out in ATL. With TB winning, sadly, due to the Bucs losing, they are still alive. Imagine this joke getting a division title.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 pm Pitchforks and torches will be out in ATL. With TB winning, sadly, due to the Bucs losing, they are still alive. Imagine this joke getting a division title.
Tampa shouldn’t have trouble with Carolina next week, so it’ll come down to Tampa versus New Orleans for the division. And I think Tampa has the tie breaker.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:52 pm

Won’t matter. Arthur is with us to start next season.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:24 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:52 pm Won’t matter. Arthur is with us to start next season.
Why do you say that?

Blank said he'd evaluate them based on how they finish the year last week.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 pm

Brockman suggested on Overreaction Monday that Baker shouldn’t rush to immediately sign with TB. When pressed for where he could go, ATL was the first team out of his mouth. Switching to a team within the division seems …unlikely …but it’s something I hadn’t considered. Certainly, another alternative than Cousins if that doesn’t work out.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:03 am

Lumps wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 pm Brockman suggested on Overreaction Monday that Baker shouldn’t rush to immediately sign with TB. When pressed for where he could go, ATL was the first team out of his mouth. Switching to a team within the division seems …unlikely …but it’s something I hadn’t considered. Certainly, another alternative than Cousins if that doesn’t work out.
That’s highly improbable at the least IMO. Mayfield has had nothing but great things to say about TB since the loss and TB found its starting QB without having to go through much pain after Brady left. It’s almost a perfect scenario for both parties, especially with TB having a solid young core throughout the team. Not sure why Mayfield would want more discontinuity in his career given what he’s been through to date unless TB isn’t satisfied or tries to lowball him. Hard to believe they’d do that.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:50 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:03 am
Lumps wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 pm Brockman suggested on Overreaction Monday that Baker shouldn’t rush to immediately sign with TB. When pressed for where he could go, ATL was the first team out of his mouth. Switching to a team within the division seems …unlikely …but it’s something I hadn’t considered. Certainly, another alternative than Cousins if that doesn’t work out.
That’s highly improbable at the least IMO. Mayfield has had nothing but great things to say about TB since the loss and TB found its starting QB without having to go through much pain after Brady left. It’s almost a perfect scenario for both parties, especially with TB having a solid young core throughout the team. Not sure why Mayfield would want more discontinuity in his career given what he’s been through to date unless TB isn’t satisfied or tries to lowball him. Hard to believe they’d do that.
I tend to agree. Baker isn't the future for anybody, but he is a good fit in Tampa and they can compete with him cheaply while they figure out a long term solution. I assume a Geno Smith type deal is coming.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:02 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:50 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:03 am
I tend to agree. Baker isn't the future for anybody, but he is a good fit in Tampa and they can compete with him cheaply while they figure out a long term solution. I assume a Geno Smith type deal is coming.
All solid, well thought out posts and I tend to agree. While Baker has been great only for Mike Evans fantasy-wise, he has been competent and kept the team competitive. It's about real world results after all.

Literally was going to post that Baker is Tampa's "Geno Smith" so great analogy by Lumps. I don't think the Bucs need to look at Baker as their long-term answer, but he'll absolutely fit the bill until they figure out who they think can fit that role.

With regard to the Falcons, it sure is starting to feel like they're not going to hire BB as their next head coach. All the second interview they're granting makes it feel increasingly likely that they go in another direction. Which begs the question, Will Bill even have a head coaching gig in 2024? There's only 5 jobs left open, and Atlanta seems to be the only team that was interested in kicking the tires there.

Personality issues, or the amount of power/personnel input he'd want with his next team? Hard to say, but I'm not sure BB finds himself a chair to sit in once the music stops. I don't believe I've read about any other teams even bringing him in for an interview.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:02 am
Literally was going to post that Baker is Tampa's "Geno Smith" so great analogy by Lumps. I don't think the Bucs need to look at Baker as their long-term answer, but he'll absolutely fit the bill until they figure out who they think can fit that role.
Huh. I cringed when I saw that and feel it is a really poor analogy, but that discussion doesn’t belong in this thread.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:47 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:02 am Personality issues, or the amount of power/personnel input he'd want with his next team? Hard to say, but I'm not sure BB finds himself a chair to sit in once the music stops. I don't believe I've read about any other teams even bringing him in for an interview.
BB first interview question:
Q: How do you intend to use Bijan Robinson.
BB: We will limit his touches and Tyler Allgeier will get 83% of the goal-line work.

NEXT!

Seems like the next ATL HC will come from one of the remaining 4 playoff teams. Or at least they're going to swing for all of them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 am

Baker gets too much hate

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 am Baker gets too much hate
I agree but early on he kind of brought it on himself due to not being a locker room leader with his teammates. However, I think he's done a great job undoing that stigma over the last few years. He's found a place in TPA if he wants it. I would agree ATL needs someone fresh and newer to change things up... a journeyman isnt the answer there.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:42 pm

Agreed. Just had his first 4000 yard season, threw for 28 TD's and 10 INT's, his best statistical season by miles, and got his team to the Playoffs.

I find the Geno comparison apt from the Canales perspective. It'll be interesting to see if he can be as good without him, or if he'll have a swoon next season like Geno did this year after Canales left.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:04 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:42 pm
Agreed. Just had his first 4000 yard season, threw for 28 TD's and 10 INT's, his best statistical season by miles, and got his team to the Playoffs.

I find the Geno comparison apt from the Canales perspective. It'll be interesting to see if he can be as good without him, or if he'll have a swoon next season like Geno did this year after Canales left.
Running off topic with Baker, but I don't see how he has anywhere near as good of a season as he just did. Evans (probably) won't be there to bail him out. I don't see them spending money elsewhere to improve the team. I think they'll just ride coattails on this year and expect the same outcome.

Meanwhile ATL is putting in the work. CAR is going to be better. NOS...have a lot of money to shred off the books.